edgar vs penn 2

XXpRoUdCaNaDiAnXX

im getting kind of annoyed with everyone saying that BJ Penn is going to get an instant rematch. the only reason someone should get an instant rematch/title shot is if it was a controversal loss (Shogun/Machida). it was a close fight but frankie edgar did win, especially in dana white's eyes and BJ will have to fight and beat another top contender before he gets another title shot. and the fact that he was lightweight champ for like 7 years doesnt mean ****, he still lost and he shouldnt get any special treatment.

im getting kind of annoyed with everyone saying that BJ Penn is going to get an instant rematch. the only reason someone should get an instant rematch/title shot is if it was a controversal loss (Shogun/Machida). it was a close fight but frankie edgar did win' date=' especially in dana white's eyes and BJ will have to fight and beat another top contender before he gets another title shot. and the fact that he was lightweight champ for like 7 years doesnt mean ****, he still lost and he shouldnt get any special treatment.[/quote']

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UFC_118 People aren't just saying it because they want to see it or whatever. It's been reported, however early, but people are just relaying what they've heard, so take a chill pill, and don't start threads that there are already umpteen of.

im getting kind of annoyed with everyone saying that BJ Penn is going to get an instant rematch. the only reason someone should get an instant rematch/title shot is if it was a controversal loss (Shogun/Machida). it was a close fight but frankie edgar did win' date=' especially in dana white's eyes and BJ will have to fight and beat another top contender before he gets another title shot. and the fact that he was lightweight champ for like 7 years doesnt mean ****, he still lost and he shouldnt get any special treatment.[/quote']

First off, love the name. I am one too.

The reason why BJ will get an instant rematch is that he hadn't lost at LW for 8 years and the fight was pretty close IMO. I would have given the fight to Edgar but not 50-45 like one of the judges. It was more like 48-47. It's not special treatment, if GSP were to lose right now the same thing would probably happen.

If you had took your time and read up on the sublect you would see I posted a thread just this morning that stated according to MMA LIVE Dana White has offered BJ a title shot at Edgar on August the 28th. Obviously Penn will accept as he told MMA LIVE "August the 28th is not soon enough I wish it was tomorrow"

So BJ is getting the title shot read the forum posts more carefully next time bro

First off' date=' love the name. I am one too.

The reason why BJ will get an instant rematch is that he hadn't lost at LW for 8 years and the fight was pretty close IMO. I would have given the fight to Edgar but not 50-45 like one of the judges. It was more like 48-47. It's not special treatment, if GSP were to lose right now the same thing would probably happen.[/quote']

yeah but if GSP got KTFO then he wouldnt get an instant rematch, would he? i can see why people say BJ deserves an instant rematch but IMO he doesnt, although he is still a top contender i think somebody else should get a title shot. but everyone has their own views, im just stating mine.

If you had took your time and read up on the sublect you would see I posted a thread just this morning that stated according to MMA LIVE Dana White has offered BJ a title shot at Edgar on August the 28th. Obviously Penn will accept as he told MMA LIVE "August the 28th is not soon enough I wish it was tomorrow"

So BJ is getting the title shot read the forum posts more carefully next time bro

sry i didnt know this. i really dont mind BJ getting an instant rematch (although i dont think he deserves it) but i think frankie edgar should get his time to shine before BJ comes back much better prepared and destroys frankie. just my two cents

He does deserve it...anderson silva brock..hardy got title shots so quick...bj penn was so dominant..hes getting a rematch and the decision was controversial

well obviously we have different opinions on this matter being as u have said the decision was controversial several times and i have stated that i dont think BJ deserves an instant rematch several times. and personally i disagree with how quickly brock got a title shot. i dont think he deserved it. dan hardy was on a 4 win streak with the UFC with wins over top competition and was with UFC for 2 years before getting a title shot and for anderson silva although chris leben isnt really a top contender for the belt and never was anderson silva completely destroyed him with striking even tho leben is a good striker, and although his title shot was pretty quick, he obviously deserves it, even if he doesnt deserve to have the title now with his antics of late

yeah but if GSP got KTFO then he wouldnt get an instant rematch' date=' would he? i can see why people say BJ deserves an instant rematch but IMO he doesnt, although he is still a top contender i think somebody else should get a title shot. but everyone has their own views, im just stating mine.[/quote']

Bj didn't get KTFO if he did he wouldn't be getting the rematch. He lost a close (and according to many a bs) decisions. He also looked like complete **** and still almost won.

Bj didn't get KTFO if he did he wouldn't be getting the rematch. He lost a close (and according to many a bs) decisions. He also looked like complete **** and still almost won.

except he lost and the only people arguing this are bj fan boys.

Chalk another one up to baby penn crying again with his favortism.

except he lost and the only people arguing this are bj fan boys.

Jeeze D, I'm starting to think Overrated highjacked your account..

First of all, Bj isn't getting a title shot because he was "crying". Bj admitted on MMA Live that he was looking for a fight with a LW top contender asap but the UFC called him about Edgar. Penn wasn't even LOOKING to fight Edgar immediatly, he just wanted to get back in there and EARN his strap back asap.

Secondly, numerous people have come out and argued that the judges decision was the wrong one. In fact I would make the arguement that the only people talking **** about Bj losing are GSP fans and/or Canadians in general. Surfing these forums there are only a few posters *****ing about the rematch that arent a part of the previously mentioned groups.

Lastly, I highly recommend you go watch last thursdays (15th) MMA Live. Not only will you see Bj not making any excuses (which people seem to think he ALWAYS does) but you will also see Pat Miletich, an MMA legend, strongly arguing that Bj, rightfully, should have won the fight.

dont sound like Overrated so much next time

no one should be seriously complainin about this at all. ppl who complain about this are obviously saying its not fair. they think evry1 should have a fair chance at the belt. its a sport! the ufc already wastes time with ppl who shuldnt be fighting for a title enough. Its about who is the best. We know BJ is the best. Maybe Edgar is better? maybe not. but anyone else fighting bj would be pointless. this is bj's 2nd loss at lw ever. hes beatn the best. theres not point in wasting time. edgar didnt ko bj or completely outwrestle him the whole fight. theres nobody better to test his first title D then the last champ. if he beats him again, the same way or not, he deserves it.

He does deserve it...anderson silva brock..hardy got title shots so quick...bj penn was so dominant..hes getting a rematch and the decision was controversial

Not even close. Bj lost all 5 rounds. He got beat up for sure.

That being said, he will still get a rematch. Frankie will just beat him again anyway.

I don't like this. It made sense for Shogun Machida' date=' because EVERYONE in the arena knew shogun won that fight. But it's like the flood gate is opened now, and every title fight that goes close is going to be an instant rematch now. It's lame, I'm not a supporter.[/quote']

Agreed. Make Gray Maynard untwist his panties and quit ducking BJ Penn. They fight for the #1 contendership. Winner of that fights Edgar.

Then have Florian fight the loser of Penn vs Maynard, with the winner of that fight fighting the current champ.

Archived