thats it. the spam is too much

ptokich

today i went onto ufc.com and all the headlines for the forums were spam.

something needs to be done now and all threads be reviewed before they are put on the forum.

sorry if its a repost just its really annoying and alot of good threads are being ignored

thats what i've been telling myself for weeks' date=' yet still nothing[/quote']

Nothing? Do you still see the spam threads now? It seems that is something, Nothing is if the spam from 2 weeks ago was allowed to stay on the board. It isn't. Yeah, it sucks, and is making our life miserable, but without going on a hunting trip to China, we can only do what is within our control and deal with it as it pops up.

Nothing? Do you still see the spam threads now? It seems that is something' date=' Nothing is if the spam from 2 weeks ago was allowed to stay on the board. It isn't. Yeah, it sucks, and is making our life miserable, but without going on a hunting trip to China, we can only do what is within our control and deal with it as it pops up.[/quote']

Leonie, you are awesome:) But please do not delete the religious threads.

Nothing? Do you still see the spam threads now? It seems that is something' date=' Nothing is if the spam from 2 weeks ago was allowed to stay on the board. It isn't. Yeah, it sucks, and is making our life miserable, but without going on a hunting trip to China, we can only do what is within our control and deal with it as it pops up.[/quote']

This hunting trip sounds intriguing, details?

Without sounding like a broken record, we are on here getting rid of the spam as quickly as we see it. The Moderators here volunteer their time to oversee these boards and simply can't be online 24 hours a day. We have literally deleted hundreds of these.

If anyone here has ideas on how to help, please by all means let a moderator know. And before you ask, yes, we ban each IP they use, and we use a capcha when new people make an account to stop bots.

i wasnt complaining, i presumed its hard to keep under control, but i dont get why they dont just get banned. I do still see them, but they are mainly in the tuf section now that isnt as bad.

i wasnt complaining' date=' i presumed its hard to keep under control, but i dont get why they dont just get banned. I do still see them, but they are mainly in the tuf section now that isnt as bad.[/quote']

They do get banned each and every one of them, usually pretty quick too (within 20 posts). We also ban their IP.

it is annoying as hell but you guys manage to get rid of it pretty quick. however it is pretty hurtin that the guys gotta do it at 3 in the morning and all times of the day on here and even the WEC and Ultimate Fighter boards. I mean if he's got nothing else to do with his life, then thats pretty sad.

maybe one day he will realise just how much time he's wasting by spamming the wrong market for his crap, and move on somewhere else. Until then I just want to beat his ****.

It's most likely someone in some poverty stricken region of the world getting paid $5 a day to create multiple accounts on most likely, multiple sites to spam their site.

If any of you are tech guys and have ideas to shut them down, again, feel free to let us know your ideas.

Till then, know that we are working as hard as we can to record who these guys are and delete the posts as quickly as we see them.

It's most likely someone in some poverty stricken region of the world getting paid $5 a day to create multiple accounts on most likely' date=' multiple sites to spam their site.

If any of you are tech guys and have ideas to shut them down, again, feel free to let us know your ideas.

Till then, know that we are working as hard as we can to record who these guys are and delete the posts as quickly as we see them.[/quote']

host ban and they are goners.google it on "web host ban" and study.

HAve a 24 period on sign up where a mod has to approve an account before they can post. It will atleast stop the bots.

well when the guy has this much extra time on hand, im sure he could wait the 24 hours. probably just sits there refreshing the page for 23 hours waiting for approval so he can do it all over again, rinse and repeat.

Without sounding like a broken record' date=' we are on here getting rid of the spam as quickly as we see it. The Moderators here volunteer their time to oversee these boards and simply can't be online 24 hours a day. We have literally deleted hundreds of these.

If anyone here has ideas on how to help, please by all means let a moderator know. And before you ask, yes, we ban each IP they use, and we use a capcha when new people make an account to stop bots.[/quote']

To Leonie and Brewster,

I have given much thought to becoming a moderator. I am fair. I am professional. I can sure lend a hand. I am on the west coast and I would be able to moderate when the majority of you are asleep.

I can pull up all of my threads to serve as a resume.

like i said in my first post all forums should be approved before going up but then another problem are posts from spammers. but i think the mods and admins are doing a great job. yesterday 50-60% of posts were spam now only a few today. keep it up

Archived