If Brock Gets Past Carwin...

Doctor_Obviously

I agree...

but Dos Santos just seems like the most confident guy.

yeah i think its hard to say at this point we really need to see some epic take down defense from these guys, im sure we'd all agree that if brock is going to get beaten its probly not going to be on the ground... i cant see brock getting controlled on the ground by anyone in the hw division right now

idk...cain's last 3 opponets were some of the best in the HW division and he could beat Frank Mir and others too, he deserves a title shot very very soon. Roy Nelson needs to continue to prove himself. Same with Dos Santos, but he kinda looks a smaller than the other fighters in the HW division.

idk...cain's last 3 opponets were some of the best in the HW division and he could beat Frank Mir and others too' date=' he deserves a title shot very very soon. Roy Nelson needs to continue to prove himself. Same with Dos Santos, but he kinda looks a smaller than the other fighters in the HW division.[/quote']

If Brock beats Carwin it will show he can cope with tremendous power in the hands. That may rule out Dos Santos as Brock's gameplan would be to take him down and gnp. I think Cain may be too small to out-wrestle Brock seeing as they are both division 1 calibre........It would be interesting to say the least IF Brock can beat Carwin.

From the begining i never thought cain had much of a chance vs brock. Besides the obvious knockout, brocks wrestling credentials and size out weigh cains. Brock was NCAA champ and 2nd to the guy who plays guard for the patriots with 3 superbowl wins.

That being said it really isnt too different and that might keep the entire fight standing and play itno cains technical striking....though brock can get 1 hit knockdowns too....gotta love mma :P

From the begining i never thought cain had much of a chance vs brock. Besides the obvious knockout' date=' brocks wrestling credentials and size out weigh cains. Brock was NCAA champ and 2nd to the guy who plays guard for the patriots with 3 superbowl wins.

That being said it really isnt too different and that might keep the entire fight standing and play itno cains technical striking....though brock can get 1 hit knockdowns too....[b']gotta love mma[/b] :P

the bold

If Brock gets past Carwin' date=' despite Carwin's emense striking power, then I'm gonna have to say that there is currently no one in the UFC who may be capable of taking him down.[/quote']

part of me wants carwin to lose, but not to brock, losses arnt a bad thing to champs, champs lose and come back stronger

the only person i think will beat brock is carwin, but if cain can keep enough distance to stop brocks takedowns he could outpoint him to a UD. If cain managed to take brock down, then he would have an easy victory.

i actually got carwin ko'ing lesnar, and am willing to sig bet.

If Brock beats Carwin....well lets be honest' date=' there will probably be some BS Brock antics before/during/after the fight and he will eventually be ridiculed by everyone on this forum for taking all his opponents down and using his size to win on the ground. those are my predictions.[/quote']

they have both seemed to be mutually respectful toward eachother... well brocks "version" of respectful

they have both seemed to be mutually respectful toward eachother... well brocks "version" of respectful

Nothing would make me happier than to see Brock come out and be a respectful fighter win or lose. I am not a big fan of Lesnar at all but i may be able to tolerate him a little more if he actually makes an appearance in the UFC and doesn't look like a dumba**. i know its part of his charisma and showmanship and all that but honestly tone it down a little your only 4-1 right now.

Nothing would make me happier than to see Brock come out and be a respectful fighter win or lose. I am not a big fan of Lesnar at all but i may be able to tolerate him a little more if he actually makes an appearance in the UFC and doesn't look like a dumba**. i know its part of his charisma and showmanship and all that but honestly tone it down a little your only 4-1 right now.

yep its all about that first impression people didnt see much of his personality when fighting mir, but after the heath hearing fight his behavior was rediculous and i knew from than on what kind of guy he was going to be,

I agree with the last part of this.

Lesnar was not disrespectful to the respectful Couture; but he retorted against a disrespectful Herring and Mir and gets crap for it? Good show. Yes the post Mir 2 fight antics were a bit out of control but who gives a damn he was amped up and may not be the smartest guy in the world.

I agree with the last part of this.

Lesnar was not disrespectful to the respectful Couture; but he retorted against a disrespectful Herring and Mir and gets crap for it? Good show. Yes the post Mir 2 fight antics were a bit out of control but who gives a damn he was amped up and may not be the smartest guy in the world.

i think its more so that people don't like seeing people disrespect eachother after the fight which goes farther than the fight its self, the trash talk lets face it, its part of the fight ita about getting in there head, now if it goes on afterward its more than that, people like to see them embrace in the octagon afterward an let the other fighter know the talk was just for hype/intimidation and that they dont have anything against them personaly

This is of course IF Brock can get past Carwin...

Who's got the best chance of beating him next time?

Velasquez is way ahead of everyone else IMO, followed by JDS. Velasquez can dominate Brock imo if he goes into the fight and sticks with a solid game-plan. But, ofcourse I'm not getting ahead of myself because I think Carwin can beat Lesnar and I hope to Hell he does, I hate Lesnar.

Velasquez is way ahead of everyone else IMO' date=' followed by JDS. Velasquez can dominate Brock imo if he goes into the fight and sticks with a solid game-plan. But, ofcourse I'm not getting ahead of myself because I think Carwin can beat Lesnar and I hope to Hell he does, I hate Lesnar.[/quote']

if carwin beats brock i could see cain beatign carwin

If Brock beats Carwin....well lets be honest' date=' there will probably be some BS Brock antics before/during/after the fight and he will eventually be ridiculed by everyone on this forum for taking all his opponents down and using his size to win on the ground. those are my predictions.[/quote']

get over it he showed antics with mir because of mirs mouththeir first fight brock congratuated mir and said the better man won! no antics after couture or herring! GET OVER IT

From the begining i never thought cain had much of a chance vs brock. Besides the obvious knockout' date=' brocks wrestling credentials and size out weigh cains. Brock was NCAA champ and 2nd to the guy who plays guard for the patriots with 3 superbowl wins.

That being said it really isnt too different and that might keep the entire fight standing and play itno cains technical striking....though brock can get 1 hit knockdowns too....gotta love mma :P[/quote']

yeah i agree man but i dont think any1 can stop brocks take downs the dude is a beast man i think the only person who maybe can stop the takedown is carwin you gotta love the heavyweight divison atm its crazy man

yeah i think its hard to say at this point we really need to see some epic take down defense from these guys, im sure we'd all agree that if brock is going to get beaten its probly not going to be on the ground... i cant see brock getting controlled on the ground by anyone in the hw division right now[

coudlnt of said it betetr myself. Absolutely right. I dont think anyone takes him down. If Carwin doesnt beat him idk if Cain or JDS can. Both have great standup but if Brock takes them down its about over cause I dont see either of those guys getting up unless the fights over.

I say JDS. He has the best chance to actually catch Brock coming in. Cain has good wrestling but Brock has great wrestling. I don't see anybody being quicker or stronger than Brock on the ground. But I can see him getting caught by a quick guy standing that that's JDS IMO. I still think Brock wins but he would have to be very careful in that fight.

coudlnt of said it betetr myself. Absolutely right. I dont think anyone takes him down. If Carwin doesnt beat him idk if Cain or JDS can. Both have great standup but if Brock takes them down its about over cause I dont see either of those guys getting up unless the fights over.

thats one thing im sure of, i know randy was able to stand up, but that was with technical brilliants, and brock has since filled those gaps

I think Carwin is the guy to beat Lesnar. If Carwin is able to stop the takedowns of Brock I can't see Brock winning the fight, we saw Lesnar had trouble taking Couture down and Carwin is much bigger and stronger than Randy, we also saw how devastating Carwin's punches are from the clinch which is where I feel most of the fight will take place before Carwin turns Brock's light out.

I think Carwin is the guy to beat Lesnar. If Carwin is able to stop the takedowns of Brock I can't see Brock winning the fight' date=' we saw Lesnar had trouble taking Couture down and Carwin is much bigger and stronger than Randy, we also saw how devastating Carwin's punches are from the clinch which is where I feel most of the fight will take place before Carwin turns Brock's light out.[/quote']

if they're is someone in the ufc right now who has the physique to withstand lestards freight train take downs its going to be carwin

Velasquez is way ahead of everyone else IMO' date=' followed by JDS. Velasquez can dominate Brock imo if he goes into the fight and sticks with a solid game-plan. But, ofcourse I'm not getting ahead of myself because I think Carwin can beat Lesnar and I hope to Hell he does, I hate Lesnar.[/quote']

The problem with this is that Lesnar will also have a gameplan. And it will likely involve taking , picking them up and throwing them to the ground and pounding the crap out of them. Technique won't help when the dude can just pick you straight up and slam you down. You'll need strength and size.

The only one with the strength and size to stop Lesnar is Carwin. And after seeing what carwin did to Mir, I already know what his gameplan will be.

He will attempt to do exactly the same thing in pinning Lesnar to the fence and try to capitalize that way. Like Couture does. I think it's a good plan to fight Lesnar, Coutire wasn't big enough. We'll see. If it gets to the ground, Lesnar is too strong and quick. He will simply bash him unconscious.

I think Carwin is the guy to beat Lesnar. If Carwin is able to stop the takedowns of Brock I can't see Brock winning the fight' date=' we saw Lesnar had trouble taking Couture down and Carwin is much bigger and stronger than Randy, we also saw how devastating Carwin's punches are from the clinch which is where I feel most of the fight will take place before Carwin turns Brock's light out.[/quote']

Completely agree. Carwin will end this fight in the 1st round like all his other fights. Brock will be sleeping

I agree. I think Carwin is the guy to do it. He's big, strong, good at dirty boxing and an excellent wrestler.

Carwin's game plan was successful because he was able to initiate a little bit of separation between himself and Mir to start those initial shots. I'm not sure he'll be able to do that to Lesnar and am sure Lesnar will have a game plan if that situation arises. His chin is not as thin as many believe for some reason. I believe he'll be able to handle himself in the clinch and will put this fight on the floor where he wants it. I still think people need to realize if Lesnar connects to Carwin's head which is very possible Carwin is going to be in trouble. He goes down and Lesnar will be on top of him. That's best case. Worse being Carwin unconscious.

Carwin's game plan was successful because he was able to initiate a little bit of separation between himself and Mir to start those initial shots. I'm not sure he'll be able to do that to Lesnar and am sure Lesnar will have a game plan if that situation arises. His chin is not as thin as many believe for some reason. I believe he'll be able to handle himself in the clinch and will put this fight on the floor where he wants it. I still think people need to realize if Lesnar connects to Carwin's head which is very possible Carwin is going to be in trouble. He goes down and Lesnar will be on top of him. That's best case. Worse being Carwin unconscious.

Couture handled him against the cage, I don't see why Carwin won't be able to either. Plus, I don't care how good of a chin Lesnar has, he won't be able to absorb Carwin's punches like he would against Mir or Couture. If he takes a clean shot it'll be lights out.

brock has the edge in every aspect of this fight. except for the puching skill. sure, his punching power is better then carwin, but carwin is more accurate. anyway, brock will just take carwin down and keep him there till the reff steps in and saves carwin. this fight goes to lesnar, 10/10 times.

brock has the edge in every aspect of this fight. except for the puching skill. sure' date=' his punching power is better then carwin, but carwin is more accurate. anyway, brock will just take carwin down and keep him there till the reff steps in and saves carwin. this fight goes to lesnar, 10/10 times.[/quote']

10/10 is a pretty bold comment. especially against a powerful striker and a smart fighter who would figure him out by the 2nd fight.

Couture handled him against the cage' date=' I don't see why Carwin won't be able to either. Plus, I don't care how good of a chin Lesnar has, he won't be able to absorb Carwin's punches like he would against Mir or Couture. If he takes a clean shot it'll be lights out.[/quote']

One clean shot didn't put Mir out, it will not put Lesnar out. The flying knee (a manuver where all 245lbs of Mir was thrown behind a knee at Lesnar's head) didn't put Lesnar out, it did however give an opportunity for a take down.

Couture is known for his control ability. Sure Carwin is stronger but will he be able to control Lesnar like that it's hard to say. I see your argument however.

I do agree Lesnar won't be able to eat the standup that he ate from Couture from Carwin but the point is I don't think he will. He's very much a fighter who can impose his will on his opponents. To the ground boss, to the ground

Archived