Rua fans want 5th round ko

xImportantThreadsx

Me as a big Rua fan want the fight to go to the last round' date=' i hope rua waits to ko machida til the last round....not that i hate machida but for some reason i want Shogun to make [b']Much****a look lost[/b] again for 5 consecutive rounds ;)

Gonna be a bad night for you then. Waiting to ko someone is a good incentive to find yourself facedown on the mat. Shogun needs to come up with a new game plan. His last one was awesome but Lyoto will be ready this time so he needs to change it up. Likewise, if Shogun is trying to finish the fight in an aggressive manner then he'll likely get ko'ed himself. Expecially considering how good Lyoto is at counter punching and avoiding damage. Remember the Silva fight? In all likely hood the fight will likely be another decision, a decisive one at that, or end in a aggressive Shogun ko'ed or really beat up. Lyoto will be ready for his kicks so I think his best plan it to utilize his jab and use the "get in and get out" scheme. Its worked for Franky Edgar.

I hope Shogun just goes out and destroys Machida' date='its not that i dont like Machida but he lost the first fight and everyone who watched it knows this.[/quote']

Obviously not the judges.... why would you post this nonsense the first fight is done with, dont bring it back up.

If Rua is going to ko machida I hope he doesnt wait to the 5th, giving machida 5 rounds will only better Rua's chance at getting kod himself.

I don't get why everyone thinks Lyoto will be so ready...

Karate was never good for dealing with low kicks and I just think Rua needs to push foward but stay out of punching range most of the time using his great kicks.

Yeah, thats what everyone wants to see again... 5 rounds of leg kicks from Rua :rolleyes:

Why don't we all wait and see what happens next Saturday. I for one like both fighters and am looking foward to a war between two excellent LHW guys. All this speculation will do nothing but create animosity between people when we should all be excited that we get a rematch from the 2 best LHW in the business. No matter who wins or loses this will be a damn fight. Personally, I am more a Machida fan than Shogun, but I do recognize how talented Rua really is. This fight could go either way and I cannot wait for this Saturday to see 2 true warriors go to battle.

I don't get why everyone thinks Lyoto will be so ready...

Karate was never good for dealing with low kicks and I just think Rua needs to push foward but stay out of punching range most of the time using his great kicks.

karate has never ben good with any aspectof mma but machida and his family have devolped a special karate that is excellent with timinig in mma machidida can win via how ever he pelases rua = joke

Why don't we all wait and see what happens next Saturday. I for one like both fighters and am looking foward to a war between two excellent LHW guys. All this speculation will do nothing but create animosity between people when we should all be excited that we get a rematch from the 2 best LHW in the business. No matter who wins or loses this will be a damn fight. Personally' date=' I am more a Machida fan than Shogun, but I do recognize how talented Rua really is. This fight could go either way and I cannot wait for this Saturday to see 2 true warriors go to battle.[/quote']

Thanks god....someone who's not a total infant fanboy.

These are the the best fighters @ 205 in the UFC.

Period.

Whether you favor one over the other, to deny the talent of either of these guys is borderline retarded.

karate has never ben good with any aspectof mma but machida and his family have devolped a special karate that is excellent with timinig in mma machidida can win via how ever he pelases rua = joke

The guy only guy who even gave Machida a fight is a joke?

It seems much more likely that your opinion is a joke

Even as a Machida fan, I cannot say that Rua is a joke. He took it to Lyoto like no one else. I for one would not be shocked at a victory for Shogun, this guy has some skills and should never be counted out. The only thing that gets me is the two sides of this. It's either pro Machida or pro Shogun. Why can't we all just be happy that we get to see a second match from 2 of the best. In my opinion we all win. I am a fan of the SPORT of MMA, and yes there are some guys who I cannot stand.(A. Silva and KOS for example), but I understand the respect of the sport and know that 2 guys who are top dogs in their division need to settle the score and prove who actually deserves to be the champ.

Archived