Anyone here both a HUGE WWE fan as well as MMA?

everlast69

i watched raw the other day for the first time in like 7 years and i was like WTF i cant believe i used to watch this religiously' date=' david freaking hasselhof was on there i couldnt believe it, it really has sunk to new lows or am i just more mature now?[/quote']

I think both.

They're clinging onto gimmicks to get the audience, but yeah you've grown XD

i watched raw the other day for the first time in like 7 years and i was like WTF i cant believe i used to watch this religiously' date=' david freaking hasselhof was on there i couldnt believe it, it really has sunk to new lows or am i just more mature now?[/quote']

same happend 2 me. i haven't watch wwe in about 8 years and watched a little while ago and wow i felt lame 4 watchin it.

To be honest, I was an 80's kid and grew up with the Hulkamania of WWF as well as the Nature Boy Ric Flair/Four Horseman of NWA. I began in '84 and then stopped when Doink came in about '93. He ruined it for me, plus I was getting into high school so I stopped watching. I missed the Austin/Rock era, but caught up in 2003. I know quite a bit about the wrestling business, but when Ric Flair retired, I pretty much retired altogether. I'll still tune in every now and then just to see what Vince is up to, but for now I'm, as always, enjoying my MMA.......a completely different sport/entertainment from pro wrestling.

Loved the old school wrestling with Steve Austin and The Rock.

^ that is not old school

To be honest' date=' I was an 80's kid and grew up with the Hulkamania of WWF as well as the Nature Boy Ric Flair/Four Horseman of NWA. I began in '84 and then stopped when Doink came in about '93. sport/entertainment from pro wrestling.[/quote']

^^ This is old school

Doink and dink were awesome and so was....

BrutusTheBarberBeefcake.jpg

i dont watch it now. But back in the day i was religiously watching and if i was good my mom would order the PPV for me. I went to few events with TED Dibaise, CRUSH,Doink,IRS, Sting(when he was the surfer looking dude). Watched up until i think it was around the time Stone cold became Vinces friend and even gave him a xmas gift. Im like wow he got soft. But it did makeup alot of my childhood life, id wrestle my pillows that were actual either hulk hogan or ultimate warrior. I even and still have the belts from wrestling including the old old oldschool WCW belt. Ahh those were the days!

To be honest' date=' I was an 80's kid and grew up with the Hulkamania of WWF as well as the Nature Boy Ric Flair/Four Horseman of NWA. I began in '84 and then stopped when Doink came in about '93. He ruined it for me, plus I was getting into high school so I stopped watching. I missed the Austin/Rock era, but caught up in 2003. I know quite a bit about the wrestling business, but when Ric Flair retired, I pretty much retired altogether. I'll still tune in every now and then just to see what Vince is up to, but for now I'm, as always, enjoying my MMA.......a completely different sport/entertainment from pro wrestling.[/quote']

doink the clown. ha!

Nope

Brett the Hitman Hart

Nope, Ric Flair. Him and the Hitman were very gifted wrestlers, but Flair had better mic skills, an innovator of the sport and had a 36 year career span that's still going. His legacy will never be topped even if Bret (with one T) Hart was best there is, there was and ever will be. Flair is still The Man.

Even though WWE is fake' date=' its pretty entertaining to watch and the moves are actually real and there is pain involved. Loved the old school wrestling with Steve Austin and The Rock.[/quote']

yeah I use to watch it back when it was wwf and the wcw were around but I dont really like it these days

I still watched it occasionally, specially when all the other channels have boring program.

I always like their aerial acrobat, I mean those dudes are jumping from as high as 20-30 ft.

I mean why can't somebody do that in MMA, climb the octagon then jump to the opponent while delivering the superman punch. Lol.

Archived