The dreaded cut

britishranger

Right guys what is the thought on this

When should a fighter be cut from the UFC

Right now I think most are cut after a few losses when it used to be lose three in a row and you are out. I do not think this rule is fair because of how closely matched all the fighters are and some fighters get cut after a couple losses and they are a loss because they are exciting fighters who only lose after battles and the never lose easily. So should there be a certain point in which a fighter is cut or should each and every fighter be judged on merit like a fighter can lose 5 in a row but be involved in 5 wars of fights which he loses 4 on points and one stoppage due to cuts gets to stay in the UFC whereas a fighter who has lost three in a row all by brutal KO should be cut.

Thats the option I would like to see. I reckon if a fighter loses but shows enough skill and heart then he deserves to stay.

Thoughts guys

Hey I know I did not word this well

Yeah' date=' It depends on how well they do in the fights, who they fight and how the fights are ended

If you get Ko'd by Guida then bye but if you lose 4 fights by decision to the likes of shogun, machida, rashad and rampage yuo should be safe[/quote']

What if you lose by KO to 3 of these 4 guys? Does that desreve a cut?

(Liddell.....)

Yeah there's definitely no strict formula. From what I've been able to tell, it all comes down to popularity in the UFC + how good your performance was even though you may have lost.

Perfect examples:

Jardine - 3 losses in a row, 2 by KO - He's still in the UFC and probably gonna fight Matt Hamill next (I hope Jardine gets knocked out again). But he's still in the UFC because a lot of people know him and like to see him fight.

Bonnar - 3 losses in a row, 2 by decision and one by cut - In my opinion, Bonnar hasn't looked good at all in these three fights, yet he's still around because people love him from TUF 1, and that epic fight with Forrest Griffin. That, and he's a great guy, good ambassador for the sport, etc... Still, no excuse to losing to Mark Coleman at this point in his career...

Leites - 2 losses in a row - both decision. In terms of a record, he's done much less than the other guys to deserve the boot, but in terms of his fights, I'm glad he's gone. He ran around the ring like a goof for 25 minutes against Silva, and I didn't even have an interest in watching his Alessia Sakara fight.

Who's the next person to get the chop?

Yeah there's definitely no strict formula. From what I've been able to tell' date=' it all comes down to popularity in the UFC + how good your performance was even though you may have lost.

Perfect examples:

Jardine - 3 losses in a row, 2 by KO - He's still in the UFC and probably gonna fight Matt Hamill next (I hope Jardine gets knocked out again). But he's still in the UFC because a lot of people know him and like to see him fight.

Bonnar - 3 losses in a row, 2 by decision and one by cut - In my opinion, Bonnar hasn't looked good at all in these three fights, yet he's still around because people love him from TUF 1, and that epic fight with Forrest Griffin. That, and he's a great guy, good ambassador for the sport, etc... Still, no excuse to losing to Mark Coleman at this point in his career...

Leites - 2 losses in a row - both decision. In terms of a record, he's done much less than the other guys to deserve the boot, but in terms of his fights, I'm glad he's gone. He ran around the ring like a goof for 25 minutes against Silva, and I didn't even have an interest in watching his Alessia Sakara fight.

Who's the next person to get the chop?[/quote']

I agree with this poster .I reckon Jardine should be gone but Stephan Bonnar is exciting to watch as you just know he will slug it out with any man in the world plus he is really good on the ground as his win over Mike Nickels showed. I know Mike is not a good pointer but the way he transitioned into the choke was brilliant.

Archived