People forget: Brock would have beat Mir in 30 seconds if Maz didn't interfere

SCOver2

Most Carwin activists like to point out that he beat Mir faster than Brock as evidence that he will beat will beat Brock which is a rather dumb use of MMA math anyway, but the reality is Brock Lesnar, with only one other prior MMA fight, was the biggest beginner Mir has ever faced would have destroyed Mir in about 30 seconds if Mazagatti didn't stand the two fighters on a ******** call. Carwin actually got away with multiple shots to the back of Mirs head and Brock threw about one, and even that was questionable because Mir was turning his head and he never even got a warning.

In Brock's second fight with Mir he played it slower and more methodical and cautious and beat Mir at his own game on the ground, which is more impressive than pinning a submission artist against the fence standing and unloading on him like Carwin did.

Most Carwin activists like to point out that he beat Mir faster than Brock' date=' but the reality is Brock Lesnar, with only one other prior MMA fight, was the biggest beginner Mir has ever faced would have destroyed Mir in about 30 seconds if Mazagatti didn't stand the two fighters on a ******** call. Carwin actually got away with multiple shots to the back of Mirs head and Brock threw about one, and even that was questionable because Mir was turning his head and he never even got a warning.

In Brock's second fight with Mir he played it slower and more methodical and cautious and [b']beat Mir at his own game on the ground[/b], which is more impressive than pinning a submission artist against the fence standing and unloading on him like Carwin did.

Er, Brock is a ground fighter, at least, that's the impression I get from the rare glimpses we have seen so far. If he had stayed standing with Mir he may have gone to sleep, after all, the few seconds the 2nd fight was on the feet Mir landed on him.

Er' date=' Brock is a ground fighter, at least, that's the impression I get from the rare glimpses we have seen so far. If he had stayed standing with Mir he may have gone to sleep, after all, the few seconds the 2nd fight was on the feet Mir landed on him.[/quote']

Actually if I remember correctly, Brock dropped Mir with a punch in their first fight, Mir has never done the same to Brock.

You say this like you're mad that Shane Carwin beat Mir faster than Brock did.. and that people are using that basis as proof of why Shane Carwin will beat Brock...

Shane will not outwrestle Brock and he will not outmuscle Brock.. Shane's only chance is to catch Brock coming in with a big punch.. If that doesn't happen Brock will take Shane down and smother him. Brock won't give Shane enough distance to generate any power in his hands to knock him out..

Gonzaga had Carwin rocked, it won't take much for Brock to pound out Carwin..

You say this like you're mad that Shane Carwin beat Mir faster than Brock did.. and that people are using that basis as proof of why Shane Carwin will beat Brock...

Shane will not outwrestle Brock and he will not outmuscle Brock.. Shane's only chance is to catch Brock coming in with a big punch.. If that doesn't happen Brock will take Shane down and smother him. Brock won't give Shane enough distance to generate any power in his hands to knock him out..

Gonzaga had Carwin rocked' date=' it won't take much for Brock to pound out Carwin..[/quote']

i've been saying this all along

I see there wrestling as almost a stalemate. I dont think It will be as easy for Brock as many are thinking. And with that, Mir doesnt have a wrestling background, but Carwin does. So he knows what to expect from a wrestler and he knows how to defend better. Im sure he will have better takedown defense and i think Carwin will indeed takecare of Lesnar. I think Carwins standup is better and i think he can handle the wrestling long enough. WAR Carwin.

i see carwin winning 2 out of three ways

1. Carwin KO's Lesnar on the feet Round (1,2)

2.Lesnar TKO's Carwin Championship Rounds

3. Carwin TKO's Lesnar Rounds 1-3

those are the ways i see it ending brock was sick for a long time cant expect him to come back as much as a beast as he was before

I see there wrestling as almost a stalemate. I dont think It will be as easy for Brock as many are thinking. And with that' date=' Mir doesnt have a wrestling background, but Carwin does. So he knows what to expect from a wrestler and he knows how to defend better. Im sure he will have better takedown defense and i think Carwin will indeed takecare of Lesnar. I think Carwins standup is better and i think he can handle the wrestling long enough. WAR Carwin.[/quote']

i dont think we have seen enough of carwins ground game to make an intelligent call

nothin against brock but he hasn't impressed me with any of his fights, he hasn't shown he is better than anyone, just bigger, Couture would have took him down had he not grabbed the cage (which is not allowed) and mir stunned him with some big hits in their 2nd fight. Me personally, i think carwin will ko brock because he is all muscle and athleticism, Carwin has been showing again and again that he is a monster on his feet. YOu cant argue that seeing as nobody has made it out of the first round and he hasnt been facing a bunch of scrubs

I have said that Carwin -a guy that landed a dazed and confused punch to Gonzaga to KO him, and beat down an overconfident and over relaxed Mir being his only two credible wins- isnt the guy that is going to beat Lesnar. Velasquez is. The Carwin hype train will come to a hault that night. Mir disappointed at UFC 111 but Lesnar wont. Hosestly, I cant see Carwin winning.

Cain Velasquez is the guy all the Brock haters need to rally behind. Thats just me.

i cant really comment on carwins ground game cause its never been called upon in a fight, what we do know is that he wrestled at the same level as brock and they were both champions at the same time so im going to ASSUME that its half decent at least im sure that carwins still training his wrestling and just because lesnars used his wrestling in the cage for a whole 6 mins or so and carwin hasnt doesnt mean that lesnar is a better wrestler, to be honest if i was knocking people out within 2 mins in ever fight i wouldnt bother showcasin my wrestlin either, i thnk its too hard to call this fight without seen carwns ground game cause brocks a big fast mofo whos not goin stand there like mir, hes gonna come running in at mad speed lookin for the takedown and if carwin can control this then you have to give him the advantage on the feet... randy had brock shook with a sweet right and once brock realized what was happenin he took randy straight down, if carwin connects its goodnight...

I have said that Carwin -a guy that landed a dazed and confused punch to Gonzaga to KO him' date=' and beat down an overconfident and over relaxed Mir being his only two credible wins- isnt the guy that is going to beat Lesnar. Velasquez is. The Carwin hype train will come to a hault that night. Mir disappointed at UFC 111 but Lesnar wont. Hosestly, I cant see Carwin winning.

Cain Velasquez is the guy all the Brock haters need to rally behind. Thats just me.[/quote']

youre a joke

people forget: brock would have beat mir in 30 seconds if maz didnt interfere.

Most people prefer to jerk it in private.

I agree...

I think mir would have held out longer than 30 seconds for an org-asm?

although with brock's big hands can anyone hold-out?

!!bwahahahaha!!

Most Carwin activists like to point out that he beat Mir faster than Brock as evidence that he will beat will beat Brock which is a rather dumb use of MMA math anyway' date=' but the reality is Brock Lesnar, with only one other prior MMA fight, was the biggest beginner Mir has ever faced would have destroyed Mir in about 30 seconds if Mazagatti didn't stand the two fighters on a ******** call. Carwin actually got away with multiple shots to the back of Mirs head and Brock threw about one, and even that was questionable because Mir was turning his head and he never even got a warning.

In Brock's second fight with Mir he played it slower and more methodical and cautious and beat Mir at his own game on the ground, which is more impressive than pinning a submission artist against the fence standing and unloading on him like Carwin did.[/quote']

+1 very good observation sir... Cant wait till brock and carwin fight gonna be a good one

Gonzaga had Carwin rocked' date=' it won't take much for Brock to pound out Carwin..[/quote']

+1

I didn't like that "BS" call either! Most people get a few warnings before stopping the fight especially considering how dominate Lesnar was in the beginning of the fight.

As far as Carwin, it doesn't really matter who beat Frank faster. They both beat the crap out of him and I enjoyed it. Frank looked worse after the Lesnar defeat, IMHO.

We haven't seen Lesnar get knocked out in a fight and we have all seen that Lesnar hasn't failed with getting someone to the ground. That is his game and his goal to get you down and beat the crap out of you.

I see Brock securing a double leg take down and holding him in it until the referee stops the damage.

If Carwin gets lucky, then so be it but he can be stopped.

Most Carwin activists like to point out that he beat Mir faster than Brock as evidence that he will beat will beat Brock which is a rather dumb use of MMA math anyway' date=' but the reality is Brock Lesnar, with only one other prior MMA fight, was the biggest beginner Mir has ever faced would have destroyed Mir in about 30 seconds if Mazagatti didn't stand the two fighters on a ******** call. Carwin actually got away with multiple shots to the back of Mirs head and Brock threw about one, and even that was questionable because Mir was turning his head and he never even got a warning.

In Brock's second fight with Mir he played it slower and more methodical and cautious and beat Mir at his own game on the ground, which is more impressive than pinning a submission artist against the fence standing and unloading on him like Carwin did.[/quote']

100% fact! and i am nether for les or smir.

people forget: brock would have beat mir in 30 seconds if maz didnt interfere.

I agree...

I think mir would have held out longer than 30 seconds for an org-asm?

although with brock's big hands can anyone hold-out?

!!bwahahahaha!!

lol +1000

But seriously though. Facts are unfortunate facts. Brock WAS the next best thing to hit WWE and i reckon he was the last best thing in the WWE. I was a huge fan of Brock in the WWE, thought he was just perfect for the entertainment wrestling biz going against The Rock, with just his attitude and size alone and scary demeanor.

BUT in all seriousness. You have to admit that out of most newbies coming to the mma business, Brock has done pretty well. Even if he didnt deserve the shot at the title. The guy still defeated Randy Couture and IF Brock didnt deserve a shot at the title, then maybe Randy Couture didnt deserve to have the title then. Because if he did , he should still be the champion. But he isnt. Also Brock has made up for his loss now over Mir. AND Mir has just got his **** kicked AGAIN.

So Love Brock or Hate Brock. Hes the HW champion, not because he deserved or didnt deserve it, but because he defeated the guy that was the champion. Simple. And being the champion , he should of defeated a complete noob at the sport.

I want Shane Carwin to win for a number of reasons.

1 because he would be a tough as dude to beat as HW.

2 He would make a good decent HW champion and he has fought his way properly to get to his position in the MMA world with 14-0 record.

3 i want to see Brock get his **** handed to him for his overly ****y nature and i want to see his attitude when he loses and i REALLY want to see Carwin with his arm raised over Lesnar.

4 i want to see Carwin knock out Lesnar in glorious fashion because it would make me smile.

Archived