The count

britishranger

Michael "The count" Bisping

Britain's Ultimate fighter. The very best we have ??????

Who is would agree that is Bisping does not put in a really good performance against Dan Miller his UFC could be at stake. We have seen three times now that he cannot be elite fighters Rashad ,Hendo and Wandy that he just cant beat these guys and two of these guys are not even in their prime. Now is there anything Mike can do to change this? He seems to be a good striker but does not seem to have a lot of power in his hands. Who thinks he must move to the states to bring his game up to the level of the elite UFC MWs. I know I know that the Wolfslair is a good academy with the likes of Kongo and Rampage training there but these guys do not train there full time. Could you imagine Bisping training at Jacksons Gym with the likes of GSP , Nate , Rashad and all those guys. It would seriously benefit his weakness which is wrestling and TD defence. If he worked on this aspect of his game he would be able to be more confident striking. Thoughts please

Who is would agree that is Bisping does not put in a really good performance against Dan Miller his UFC could be at stake. We have seen three times now that he cannot be elite fighters Rashad ' date='Hendo and Wandy that he just cant beat these guys and two of these guys are not even in their prime. Now is there anything Mike can do to change this? He seems to be a good striker but does not seem to have a lot of power in his hands. Who thinks he must move to the states to bring his game up to the level of the elite UFC MWs. I know I know that the Wolfslair is a good academy with the likes of Kongo and Rampage training there but these guys do not train there full time. Could you imagine Bisping training at Jacksons Gym with the likes of GSP , Nate , Rashad and all those guys. It would seriously benefit his weakness which is wrestling and TD defence. If he worked on this aspect of his game he would be able to be more confident striking. Thoughts please[/quote']

Bisping has trained with gsp before and he actually has pretty good wrestling, he just needs to improve everything, he needs to get stronger, better striking, better bjj and better wrestling or he's gonna keep getting stuck in mediocrity, att might be a good gym for him

They got hardy and daley they could easily fill his place. Also they have ross pearson and andre winner these are all pretty good fighters. The people from england that I know personally [all 2 of them] dont even like bisping. Admitably he has had some pretty hard fights though in Hendo and silva but still if he losses this, he's gooooooooooooooooooooone

It's a very good point about Bisping and the other Brit fighters changing camps, at least for part of the year. Hardy should be spending time in the States focusing almost entirely on Wrestling and TD defence, Daley too. Bisping's wrestling is probably the best among the Brits in the UFC but his punching power lets him down - I don't know if changing camps will improve that to be honest.

He is now walking around at 212 lbs and will need to cut weight before the Miller fight which is not something he usually does - so maybe the extra weight will provide more power to his punches?

Cant see Bisping getting cut because as soon as he loses he is given a banker to stop a losing streak forming. I dont think he is the best UK fighter in the UFC but the UFC taking this policy with Bisping is allowing fighters like Hardy and Daley to get on with fighting good fighters.

I am suprised from hearing what Rampage thinks of Bisping that he is still messing around with the Wolfslair when I think he should be opening his own gym, he's been in the octagon, he knows what the fighters will need to learn, instead they have a fat scouser who seems to be living it up off the back of his fighters (I am probably wrong but it seems like that from the outside looking in).

I think Bisping is one of the main factors to Rampage signing a 6 fight deal.

They got hardy and daley they could easily fill his place. Also they have ross pearson and andre winner these are all pretty good fighters. The people from england that I know personally [all 2 of them] dont even like bisping. Admitably he has had some pretty hard fights though in Hendo and silva but still if he losses this' date=' he's gooooooooooooooooooooone[/quote']

Bisping has zero chance of being cut after this fight. He's a polarizing guy. People love to see him win, but even more people love to see him get KTFO.

Plus he's a very good fighter. Sure he got KTFO by Hendo, but that's the only glaring blemish on his resume', and IMO, there's no shame in getting caught once in 21 fights. He lost a razor thin split decision to Evans, who naturally fights 20 pounds heavier than him, and he lost via UD to a legend of the sport.

Bisping's not going anywhere, and he shouldn't. There's no shame in losing close fights to top teir competition.

tbh i think he won the fight against silva,he controlled the fight and i think the last ten seconds of a round shouldn't win you the whole round.dont get me wrong silva is one of my favourite fighters but i didn't find the win fair or impressive. Rashad JUST scraped through a decision against bisping who is one of the top lhw now...and hendo..well yeh he almost punched his head off his shoulders.i think he just needs abit more time and to agree with others a new gym.

Bisping has zero chance of being cut after this fight. He's a polarizing guy. People love to see him win' date=' but even more people love to see him get KTFO.

Plus he's a very good fighter. Sure he got KTFO by Hendo, but that's the only glaring blemish on his resume', and IMO, there's no shame in getting caught once in 21 fights. He lost a razor thin split decision to Evans, who naturally fights 20 pounds heavier than him, and he lost via UD to a legend of the sport.

Bisping's not going anywhere, and he shouldn't. There's no shame in losing close fights to top teir competition.[/quote']

i just realised i've wrote pretty much exactley what you wrote.

Bisping has zero chance of being cut after this fight. He's a polarizing guy. People love to see him win' date=' but even more people love to see him get KTFO.

Bisping's not going anywhere, and he shouldn't. There's no shame in losing close fights to top teir competition.[/quote']

I was gonna pretty much say all this!!!

No point now!!:P

He'll stay no matter what he makes money for the UFC through it's British audience.

I'm not so sure about this. With the way Ross Pearson has been fighting, I could see them turning their promotion towards him. But, I would agree that Bisping will get an extra fight or two, just because of the amount of fans he has. Then again, Tito was let go and he has to have more fans the Bisping.

Who is would agree that is Bisping does not put in a really good performance against Dan Miller his UFC could be at stake. We have seen three times now that he cannot be elite fighters Rashad ' date='Hendo and Wandy that he just cant beat these guys and two of these guys are not even in their prime. Now is there anything Mike can do to change this? He seems to be a good striker but does not seem to have a lot of power in his hands. Who thinks he must move to the states to bring his game up to the level of the elite UFC MWs. I know I know that the Wolfslair is a good academy with the likes of Kongo and Rampage training there but these guys do not train there full time. Could you imagine Bisping training at Jacksons Gym with the likes of GSP , Nate , Rashad and all those guys. It would seriously benefit his weakness which is wrestling and TD defence. If he worked on this aspect of his game he would be able to be more confident striking. Thoughts please[/quote']

Bisping wont be cut after this fight and why should he?

He beat Rashad in most peoples eyes (ok I know he should have lost decision to Hamill), and pushed Wanderlai in a very close fight, other than the Hendo fight nobody has been able to beat him convincingly.

I dont think he's as good as a Machida, Shogun or A.Silva put I would still have him in the band of fighters just behind these, partiularly at MW.

Plus like has already been stated on this thread he is a big draw for the UFC in the UK and they have made a lot of money from the guy, so therefore win lose or draw he'll still be around for a few years to come.

I'm not so sure about this. With the way Ross Pearson has been fighting' date=' I could see them turning their promotion towards him. But, I would agree that Bisping will get an extra fight or two, just because of the amount of fans he has. Then again, [b']Tito was let go [/b]and he has to have more fans the Bisping.

Maybe I'm gonna make myself sound stupid here but I'm pretty sure Tito has never been cut by the UFC, anyone know any different?

Bisping is just a BIG MOUTH.....and probably the most unpopular fighter in the UFC!

Maybe I'm gonna make myself sound stupid here but I'm pretty sure Tito has never been cut by the UFC' date=' anyone know any different?[/quote']

They let his contract run out after the Machida fight. And he signed with EliteXC for a little while before they went under.

except in my opinion he beat rashad,dont get me wrong he lost the hammill fight but rashad did bugger all to win that fight.

OK cool that explains it' date=' saw he has never fought outta the UFC since UFC18 so couldnt see how he'd been cut.[/quote']

Yeah, he got in that big arguement with Dana so, the fead him to Machida for his last fight in the UFC. But, he actually did ok against Machida, still lost though. And then he signed with EliteXC but, they folded before he ever got the chance to fight for them. After that, he and Dana kissed and made up and he re-signed with the UFC.

personally i think it would be hilarious if he got dropped after his next fight after he threatened to send wandy into retirement. lol

He also, tried to say he could out wrestle Hendo, before their fight.lol. He does say some dumb ****.

Why do people take Bispings statements so personally' date=' its not like he's directing them at some guy on an internet forum. I find it quite funny and quite sad at the same time[/quote']

I think there is just a huge difference in the sense of humour between British and American people, we Brits seem to be able to just laugh off most comments as long as they not too personal (Davis, Mir, Koscheck) where as the American public tends to take comments a little more seriously.

Bisping has trained with gsp before and he actually has pretty good wrestling' date=' he just needs to improve everything, he needs to get stronger, better striking, better bjj and better wrestling or he's gonna keep getting stuck in mediocrity, att might be a good gym for him[/quote']

Bisping has good wrestling especially for a British fighter, he also has good BJJ and good striking but since the Hendo KO appears a little bit scared to let his hands go. However, Bisping will walk through Miller and once again there will be a talk of him having a title shot in two fights time only to lose to a top tier MW again.

I think there is just a huge difference in the sense of humour between British and American people' date=' we Brits seem to be able to just laugh off most comments as long as they not too personal (Davis, Mir, Koscheck) where as the American public tends to take comments a [b']little more seriously[/b].

A slight understatement, but yeah your right.

It is what you want, nothing personal about family etc but you need banter and a bit controversy to get everyone up for the fight!!!!

It is more excited if they talk about there harsh feeling they have about each other it is entertainment.

Americans need to understand that British fighters talk and act like they do to get everyone fired up and excited for the big occasion. We have very limited experience compared to the Americans and Brazilians and our time will come, Daley, Pearson, Bisping, hardy......................who knows!!!!

I want to see Daley get challenged and see what he is like but then again I would love him to knock Koshcheck clean out!!!

Wrestling isn't Bisping's weakness. His weakness is his chin and his lack of power in his hands. He could still be a good fighter' date=' but he needs to adopt a more technical striking style, and needs to get his wrestling to a level where he can take guys down at will.[/quote']

1 KO against him in 21 fights I would hardly call that as a weakness!

Bisping has great takedowns and very good ground and pound. He is known as a striker but he uses his wrestling and goes for takedowns in most of his fights. Especially in his last two fights against two bjj black belts. Bisping is a very exciting fighter. I cant wait for the fight against Miller.

Archived