Jake Shields highly likely to be joining UFC!! DANA WHITE!

brentvd

I think he would win a lot of fights. He does have really good wrestling and BJJ skills and is smart enought to use them, instead of standing and getting ko'd. Sadly, many of his fights are somewhat boring so, he may have a hard time getting a title shot quickly even if he does put a win streak together.

I'm not excited at all about Shields. I agree hes a good fighter' date=' but hes so boring to watch, imo. But hey, he may very well come in here and dominate, which i doubt.[/quote']

People knock GSP and Fitch for (lay&pray)... well that is exactly what Shields really does when he cant handle you. As where GSP and Fitch are trying/looking to GnP you every chance they get. Let alone even in the GnP Sheilds has no power...

If he comes he'll fight as WW.

Exactly. GSP is my fave fighter and always will be, but Shields seriously doesnt have much action on the ground. I wont say LnP because i hate that and I LOVE the ground game, and its all strategy too but in terms of excitement hes boring. just my 2 cents.

Exactly. GSP is my fave fighter and always will be' date=' but Shields seriously doesnt have much action on the ground. [b']I wont say LnP because i hate that and I LOVE the ground game, and its all strategy too [/b]but in terms of excitement hes boring. just my 2 cents.

I too love the ground game...but what kind of strategy is holding your opponent for a whole fight doing minimal damage if ANY. Shields will just hold you and catch his breath via Shields vs. Miller

WOW!!!! Another good wrestler with little power in his punches. Sounds like fun!:P

Ok on the real tip, I think Dana wants Shields at WW. Another guy who's going to take you down for 3 rounds and grind out a decision win; now that's sounds entertaining huh!

I too love the ground game...but what kind of strategy is holding your opponent for a whole fight doing minimal damage if ANY. Shields will just hold you and catch his breath via Shields vs. Miller

His GnP may get a little better if, he does come to the UFC. Because in Strikeforce they aren't allowed to throw elbows. And that obviously really hurts your striking from the mount position. But, I would agree. He is generally a boring fighter to watch.

I'd be shocked if Shields doesn't end up in the UFC. Strike Force pays Hendo top dollar, then Hendo gets his **** handed to him by Shields.

Shields didn't do much damage for having Hendo mounted most of rounds 2, 3, 4, and 5. In his defense, Strike Force doesn't allow elbows to a grounded opponent. Elbows open cuts and generally do more damage on the ground.

As far as Shields career in the UFC, I'd call him GSP light. He has a similar style, but he's not as good at anything as GSP is. With Shields in the fold, this would be my new top ten WW:

1. GSP

2. Fitch

3. Alves

4. Thiago

5. Kos

6. Hardy

7. Daley

8. Sanchez

9. Shields

10. Hughes

I'm sure I have him lower than most people, but I'm not drinking the Shields cool-aide. I'm almost sure that Dan Henderson was having back problems during that fight. If you disagree with my rankings, who is above Shields that you honestly think he'd beat?

Well I really dount ANY fighter plans to go into a fight and just lay on their opponent for the win, but sometimes its just how its plays out. For example, a fighter PLANS on going to the ground for GnP, but his opponent has a very good defensive guard and he cant pass his guard either, and just cant land many shots, but his opponent has better striking but bad TD defense. My strategy in this case would to still take my opponent down just to get the win. Do you see what I mean? But ya I wish some fighters were more active or develop another part of their game if they cant work their magic on the ground. Or a rule was in place where you're deducted a point for inactivity either on the ground or standing after maybe like 1 warning. I for one would be all about that. Or like each fighter was rewarded a small bonus for finishing their fight (and i dont mean just the select few for KO/Sub of the night).

I'd be shocked if Shields doesn't end up in the UFC. Strike Force pays Hendo top dollar' date=' then Hendo gets his **** handed to him by Shields.

Shields didn't do much damage for having Hendo mounted most of rounds 2, 3, 4, and 5. In his defense, Strike Force doesn't allow elbows to a grounded opponent. Elbows open cuts and generally do more damage on the ground.

As far as Shields career in the UFC, I'd call him GSP light. He has a similar style, but he's not as good at anything as GSP is. With Shields in the fold, this would be my new top ten WW:

1. GSP

2. Fitch

3. Alves

4. Thiago

5. Kos

6. Hardy

7. Daley

8. Sanchez

9. Shields

10. Hughes

I'm sure I have him lower than most people, but I'm not drinking the Shields cool-aide. I'm almost sure that Dan Henderson was having back problems during that fight. If you disagree with my rankings, who is above Shields that you honestly think he'd beat?[/quote']

I would like to see GSP handle fighters in the MW division. People need to stop giving Shields a hard time.

Strikeforce sign Hendo, CBS and Strikeforce all back the new guy over their champion and basically rite his chances off, he wins and then its 'Hendo is passed it', 'His GNP is weak', I dont know many WW's that could do what he did to Hendo for 4 of the 5 rounds and I dont think any of them could take a Hendo right, he took Bispings head off with that punch and Shieds went on to win.

shields is on par with gsp on paper....

gsp has takedowns, strength, striking, cardio

shields has bjj, better transitions, better at maintaining position, and a friggin cast iron chin

i would say gsp is better because of the striking (he is a good striker i think.... in a shields vs gsp fight i think gsp would own shields, but thats a stylistic thing, similar wrestling abilities... but gsps striking is miles ahead of shields' )

but on the ground.... shields

im no fan of lnp, but shields had hendo mounted the whole fight.... that was fun to watch, and impressive. best at maintaining position i have seen

LOL at the person putting shields 9th at ww......

shields would beat sanchez, HE HAS ALREADY OWNED DALEY LOL, hardy would get schooled, kos would be a good fight, would probably have him beating thiago (hendo is similar to thiago...), fitch is 50/50, gsp would be a heavy favorite

I'd be shocked if Shields doesn't end up in the UFC. Strike Force pays Hendo top dollar' date=' then Hendo gets his **** handed to him by Shields.

1. GSP

2. Fitch

3. Alves

4. Thiago

5. Kos

6. Hardy

7. Daley

8. Sanchez

9. Shields

10. Hughes

I'm sure I have him lower than most people, but I'm not drinking the Shields cool-aide. I'm almost sure that Dan Henderson was having back problems during that fight. If you disagree with my rankings, who is above Shields that you honestly think he'd beat?[/quote']

Well for one thing he should be ahead of Daley, considering he already ate his food and made him look silly.

1. GSP

2. Fitch

3. Alves

4. Thiago

5. Kos

6. Hardy

7. Daley

8. Sanchez

9. Shields

10. Hughes

He already beat Daley. Dan Henderson WAS having problems, he was getting his **** handed to him by Shields. I'm pretty sure he can beat Sanchez, Hardy and probably Kos.

i think gsp would kick the shi't out of sheilds, but i will never count him out after the hendo whooping. Style wise i think he has a better chance vs a.silva, but beleive he would lose both fights.

sheilds would be a great addition to the ufc, a similar addition hendo was when he arrived.

dana will love sheilds for f'ucking up strikeforce and hendo

Archived