Foot Stomps

turbofree

Just curious. I was wondering why fighters don't use foot stomps much? I have some martial art experience and a foot stomp on the top of ones foot hurts like hell.

Yeah it hurts like hell, I just think that although it is legal most fighters think of them as 'dirty' and choose not to do it - Mir and Big Nog at the TUF heavyweights trials both agreed not to do it to each other when they saw one of the guys in the octagon using them on his opponent.

i dont see them as dirty i think they are a pretty good way to goad an opponent to make a mistake so that u can get the takedown

as soon as you stomp them a couple of times they will be watching you foot then you raise it then they will notice and raise theres taking them off balance and thus mostly ending with the opponent in the ground

i would like to see them more they can be quite effective if you do them right

i wonder if anybody would have tapped to strikes because of one thatd be funny

they are usually used in the clinch or against the cage and using them opens up a small window for your opponent to shift your weight and change position i.e. if you have your opponent pinned on the cage he could reverse you when you lift your leg to foot stomp. It can be used effectively but most fighters don't wanna risk their position for a foot stomp. Usually knees are more effective in the positions where foot stomps are doable.

I kno if someone foot stomped me while fighting. I would really try to hurt them bad. I guess cause such a ***** move to me. I mean unless your outnumbered in a street fight or if a dude is wayyy bigger then you. I mean reguardless if i had respect for the person it would go out the window stomping my foot.

i dont see them as dirty i think they are a pretty good way to goad an opponent to make a mistake so that u can get the takedown

as soon as you stomp them a couple of times they will be watching you foot then you raise it then they will notice and raise theres taking them off balance and thus mostly ending with the opponent in the ground

i would like to see them more they can be quite effective if you do them right

i wonder if anybody would have tapped to strikes because of one thatd be funny

I agree Cayne. I remember the Bruce Lee comment.He was saying that if someone grabs you,instead of doing this or spinning this way-Just stomp his foot,he'll let go. I know,he was not taking about a professional fighter, but with a foot stomp you are only 3-4 inches off the ground momentarily, and stomping down freakin hurts!

all they do is hurt' date=' ur not wasting energy but they jus hurt, u arnt gonna win a fight by footstomp and in the long run it doesnt wear him down lke a strike to the leg,basically its a useless move and doesnt help improve ur position[/quote']

sometimes they hurt enough to make the opponent move his foot, shifting his weight and making it easier to take him down. legit technique

Archived