Dana White Interview: Jake Shields "Probably"

Worldfest

SO i was searching the TUBE and i found this recent April 20 (i think) interview about Dana white reaction to Strikeforce

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UzBY6dTkTI

Interview discusses Strikeforce, Showtime, Scott ****er, and when asked about Jake Shields coming over to UFC, his response was "Probably".

PS.

Jake Shields will beat the "grease monkey" GSP!!! AHAHAHA

ahem... sorry.

SO i was searching the TUBE and i found this recent April 20 (i think) interview about Dana white reaction to Strikeforce

Interview discusses Strikeforce' date=' Showtime, Scott ****er, and when asked about Jake Shields coming over to UFC, his response was "Probably".

PS.

Jake Shields will beat the "grease monkey" GSP!!! AHAHAHA

ahem... sorry.[/quote']

Honestly, as much as I want to see GSP vs Shields in a ground war, GSP would probably just keep it standing and pick him apart.

Interview discusses Strikeforce' date=' Showtime, Scott ****er, and when asked about Jake Shields coming over to UFC, his response was "Probably".

PS.

Jake Shields will beat the [b']"grease monkey" GSP!!![/b] AHAHAHA

ahem... sorry.

lol...

dana white is the man & great find dude

+1

But sheilds does not have the tools to beat GSP, on the ground GSP would out wrestle him and standin Jake might have second worst stand up in MMA today (besides Aoki) plus if he founght AS well it would be Mia all over again...

he did say he was either going to get jake..or get him paid.. so somehow he views having him even stay on strikeforce as a win?

It is a win. The more he forces SF to overpay for fighters the less money SF has at their disposal (which would stop them from getting depth in their ranks). If they lose their CBS deal I really don't know how they will make much of a profit.

i saw nothing that Shields was doing that would beat GSP at all. So why should they fight?

I think Shields had a great fight against Henderson. But I don't think he's ready for GSP.

I totally agree. That video was a nice post. I was wondering what Dana had to say about the whole thing other than his smile over Twitter.

i saw nothing that Shields was doing that would beat GSP at all. So why should they fight?

I think Shields had a great fight against Henderson. But i dont think hes ready for GSP.

Honestly, (in my oppinion) if you watch the first round Henderson rocked him three times... 2 of those times he swarmed Shields only for a bit and then letting him regain his consciousness to try and go for the big knockout that he never got. In my oppinion Hendo didnt finish him when he could have or should have and wasn't necessarily looking for the win but more of his old flashy knockout style of late.. So to already say shields is this good, or good enough to already compete with gsp? Uhhh.. I'm not so sure about that..

Also I have heard that Strikeforce managing was a little upset because the morning of Hendo's fight he had a hangover...? Just a rumor that I heard.. But if thats the case then lets see a focused Dan Hendo rematch between the too and see how far it goes..

Archived