Happy Belated Anniversary GSP!!!

Atticus77

It was 2 years ago this past Monday that you finished Matt Serra' date=' who is the only WW you've finished in the last 2 years. Keep up the good work![/quote']

+1. Also GSP is a lier, he said after he beats Hardy that he's sorry and promise next time would be different, but I doubt it, it would be the same boring Lay n Pray style of safe act technique for him in his next defense.

BJ originally fought at welterweight and once held the belt at welterweight. So, yes, in a sense he is a WW. He may not be ATM, but that doesn't mean he wasn't for the GSP fight or many other fights throughout his career.

I would say having the referee stop the fight is finishing a fight.

Why do so many fans of BJ Penn hate GSP so much?

BJ originally fought at welterweight and once held the belt at welterweight. So' date=' yes, in a sense he is a WW. He may not be ATM, but that doesn't mean he wasn't for the GSP fight or many other fights throughout his career.

Why do so many fans of BJ Penn hate GSP so much?[/quote']

BJ wasnt originally a 170er, his first 6 professional fighters were at LW, and only until UFC dropped the 155 division did he begin to move up.

The ref didnt stop the fight, he quit in his corner between rounds once Parillo threw in the towell.

And I dont hate GSP, I hate GSP fans...BIIIIG difference.

yes the fight was for the UFC welterweight championship' date=' just because you tap in the corner instead of the octagon doesnt mean it shouldnt count as finish.[/quote']

So by this logic AS is actually a LHW, Almeida is actually a LHW, Belfort is actually a HW, Florian and Sanchez are actually MW and Vera is a HW?.. just because at one time or another they fought at a different division then their natural weight?

If the Penn-fanatics want to start a flame war let's talk about his horrible record. Let's talk about his brother having to throw in the towel for him. Let's talk about his terrible conditioning. Let's talk about how he shouldn't even be on anyone's top 5 p4p list. Lets talk about how little Edgar made him look silly. Lets talk about all the excuses he's ever make for himself and all the excuse his fans make for him. Lets talk about his mommy having to stick up for him.

Come on, people, this **** is getting old and getting old fast.

If the Penn-fanatics want to start a flame war let's talk about his horrible record. Let's talk about his brother having to throw in the towel for him. Let's talk about his terrible conditioning. Let's talk about how he shouldn't even be on anyone's top 5 p4p list. Lets talk about how little Edgar made him look silly. Lets talk about all the excuses he's ever make for himself and all the excuse his fans make for him. Lets talk about his mommy having to stick up for him.

Come on' date=' people, this **** is getting old and getting old fast.[/quote']

Ok lets talk about it

This was all in good fun, I love how everyone comes to the rescue ready to ***** someone out when GSP gets called out for not finishing guys. Learn how to smile and laugh a little, life sucks enough as it is and this is just a forum

You say you hate GSP fans while at the same time make BJ fans look pathetic and desperate with your constant whining about another fighter. Hating on another fighter isn't going to make your problems go away. Yeah, I know there's a lot of uneducated GSP fans out there and they annoy me too, but you seem like a sensible guy from some of your other threads and I didn't really expect this from you. Fighting fire with fire isn't going to resolve anything.

P.S. My last post was sarcasm. It's just annoying to see so many hypocrites on this forum.

You say you hate GSP fans while at the same time make BJ fans look pathetic and desperate with your constant whining about another fighter. Hating on another fighter isn't going to make your problems go away. Yeah' date=' I know there's a lot of uneducated GSP fans out there and they annoy me too, but you seem like a sensible guy from some of your other threads and I didn't really expect this from you. Fighting fire with fire isn't going to resolve anything.

P.S. My last post was sarcasm. It's just annoying to see so many hypocrites on this forum.[/quote']

Fair enough.

First of all, this was just for fun. If people want to take offense to it, cool, but the point of this wasnt to start flaming people. And I constantly whine and hate on fighters? Show me where I've fighter bashed in an arrogant, overly negative way (outside of a response to Overrated) and I'll be the first to apologize. I love MMA, and all those in it that will achieve more then I could ever dream. But when it comes to overzealous fans who go NUTS simply because of this little OP, then they need to chill out. GSP has the only fan base that will come up in arms over something as trivial as this. Im a huge Bj fan, but if someone created a thread like this about something on Bj this would be my post..

HAHA +1

.. no need to get defensive about it

BJ wasnt originally a 170er' date=' his first 6 professional fighters were at LW, and only until UFC dropped the 155 division did he begin to move up.

The ref didnt stop the fight, he quit in his corner between rounds once Parillo threw in the towell.

And I dont hate GSP, I hate GSP fans...BIIIIG difference.[/quote']

He was a lighweight earlier in his career, but the cheeseburger diet brought him to a natural WW size. He is pretty big for a LW now but still quit in his corner like a lil girl.

im telling u guys gsp will finish his next opponent. i know he will. it might not ever be a knockout but a tko or submission will happen. dont be such *****es. gsp is the man no matter how he wins. u guys are all the gay ones. suk it the fk up and know that george is p4p best. know it see it.

Bj moved up to WW so technically yeah he was' date=' also Bj could not return for the final round so yeah he was finished.HUGE FAIL BY YOU.[/quote']

But just because he techincally was, doesnt mean he is a WW. For example, BJ fought Machida in a open weight match where Lyoto was HW and Bj was LHW. Does that mean Bj should be seen as a LHW?

Obviously it counts as a finish. But Bj was allowed to quit like a ***** on his own terms, not forced to by GSP, hense GSP technically didnt "finish" Bj.

So.. NOT AS BIG OF A FAIL BY ME :cool:

There are some huge fights coming up and all you can muster up is the same tired old crap trolling?

No, I'm actually posting on other threads too, but thanks for the postive attitude. I just took time out of my day to throw up this fact as a joke, which (silly me) forgot that no one takes jokes on this forum.

Fair enough.

First of all' date=' this was just for fun. If people want to take offense to it, cool, but the point of this wasnt to start flaming people. And I constantly whine and hate on fighters? Show me where I've fighter bashed in an arrogant, overly negative way (outside of a response to Overrated) and I'll be the first to apologize. I love MMA, and all those in it that will achieve more then I could ever dream. But when it comes to overzealous fans who go NUTS simply because of this little OP, then they need to chill out. GSP has the only fan base that will come up in arms over something as trivial as this. Im a huge Bj fan, but if someone created a thread like this about something on Bj this would be my post..

HAHA +1

.. no need to get defensive about it[/quote']

I find it funny when posters say that they are doing something for fun knowing da#m well that it is going to p*$$ people off. These posters know full well what they are doing and the disclaimer " this is just for fun so dont flame me" is pointless. And people dont get as riled about BJ threads because most agree that he is an idiot. /End thread

BJ originally fought at welterweight and once held the belt at welterweight. So' date=' yes, in a sense he is a WW. He may not be ATM, but that doesn't mean he wasn't for the GSP fight or many other fights throughout his career.

Why do so many fans of BJ Penn hate GSP so much?[/quote']

Just because you hate GSP, doesnt mean you love BJ Penn, I mean, BJ is alright, not a big fan, but i only hate on GSP because he is SCARED to actually fight anyone, Ever since his loss to Serra he is a differant fighter, for the worse.

OK so Bj penn is a lightweight because that's where he started but why then' date=' do people always call Couture a LHW when he started at heavyweight?[/quote']

Because it is easier to justify the beating that GSP gave him if people claim that he was a natural LW after the fact. Those same people werent saying that GSP was going to win because "BJ is a natural LW" before the fight.

OK so Bj penn is a lightweight because that's where he started but why then' date=' do people always call Couture a LHW when he started at heavyweight?[/quote']

I think it more depends on where a fighter is at ATM, as well as whether he makes a permenant jump or not. For example, AS is a MW who sparadically jumps to 205 with no intention of staying there at this point in time. Likewise, Kenny Florian started his career at at MW, but moved down to LW when UFC brought back that division because it is his natural weight. Couture was either ONLY a HW or ONLY a LHW in his career, and both times he moved down to 205 it was to be a permenant change in weight.

Because it is easier to justify the beating that GSP gave him if people claim that he was a natural LW after the fact. Those same people werent saying that GSP was going to win because "BJ is a natural LW" before the fight.

Precisly, just like if GSP moves up to 185 and gets pounded by Silva, all his boys (like yourself) will say it was because of the size advantage. There are weight divisions for a reason, hence there is a reason why only a few fighters are willing to jump to different divisions. If it was an easy change, many more would be doing it and they all would see the same success.

But just because he techincally was' date=' doesnt mean he is a WW. For example, BJ fought Machida in a open weight match where Lyoto was HW and Bj was LHW. Does that mean Bj should be seen as a LHW?

Obviously it counts as a finish. But Bj was [i']allowed to quit like a ***** on his own terms[/i], not forced to by GSP, hense GSP technically didnt "finish" Bj.

So.. NOT AS BIG OF A FAIL BY ME :cool:

I don't like when fighters change weight classes to fight. All it does is cause people to flame fighters about their "natural weight class". Fighters move up in weight because they think they can win. BJ moved up to WW to fight GSP because in his mind he "knew" he would beat George. I dont care what Penns natural weight class is. He thought he could beat George and he did'nt end of story. I dont know why people just cant let it go. BJ is a legend of the sport and even though he lost to Franky Edgar, he still is the best lightweight fighter in the world, he lost to GSP for whatever reason it doesnt matter. It was an official fight that he wanted and he lost. Drop the subject. Only thing that I dont get is why all these threads talking **** about GSP are all made by fans of BJ Penn. The two fighters should just become friends so everyone would just shut up about it :P

+1. Also GSP is a lier' date=' he said after he beats Hardy that he's sorry and promise next time would be different, but I doubt it, it would be the same boring Lay n Pray style of safe act technique for him in his next defense.[/quote']

Rofl say the guys with the Lay N Pray champion Brock lestard .

GSP is the greatest MMA fighter who ever live , maybe 1 day u will find out .

Either way Matt Serra is also a natural LW... you know the guy that has no reach and had never knocked out anyone before making GSP stagger around falling down left and right all over the cage before making him tap to strikes in embarassing fashion?

Too bad Georges couldn't grease his CHIN for that fight!

Precisly' date=' just like if GSP moves up to 185 and gets pounded by Silva, all his boys (like yourself) will say it was because of the size advantage. There are weight divisions for a reason, hence there is a reason why only a few fighters are willing to jump to different divisions. If it was an easy change, many more would be doing it and they all would see the same success.[/quote']

No if GSP lost i will be the first one to cheer for Anderson Silva . GSP already come back beter and do u realy think we need a beter GSP now ? When we all know what he do to every TOP 5 WW in the UFC .

No if GSP lost i will be the first one to cheer for Anderson Silva . GSP already come back beter and do u realy think we need a beter GSP now ? When we all know what he do to every TOP 5 WW in the UFC .

What? Take them down? Lock up limbs but not finish the submission because he's too nice of a guy to break some idiots arm that won't tap? Refuse to stand with them even when they have overrated stand up and you're actually a better kickboxer then they are... but you aren't willing to take the risk because of what happened with a natural LW in the first round when you were a 10 to 1 favorite. Yeah we all know by now what GSP will do to protect his belt and thats take no chances even if it means you are less then half as exciting and twice as greasy as you were before you were even a champion.

[i']Why do so many fans of BJ Penn hate GSP so much[/i]?

i like them both. maybe i'm just weird.

Sooner or later you will realize these threads are as pointless as the Brock and Fedor threads that were being reposted every 5 minutes. So to the starter of the thread, and all the bickering fans... save that **** and lets discuss something productive, cause this is going no where and it has been that way for years.

Just because you hate GSP' date=' doesnt mean you love BJ Penn, I mean, BJ is alright, not a big fan, but i only hate on GSP because he is SCARED to actually fight anyone, Ever since his loss to Serra he is a differant fighter, for the worse.[/quote']

See I can understand Penn fans having a hate on for the guy that beat him twice. But its things like this I just don't get.

The man fights... in a cage..... for a living. You really think he is scared?

If you were a MMA champ and you knew you had a HUGE skill advantage over another fighter, and that advantage neutralized what the other guy could do, would you not use what you have spent years perfecting to win said fight?

Maybe GSP thinks to much sometimes, but the fight plans his team puts together have proven to be successful. Against a wrestler/ground fighter like Fitch or Hughes or even BJ GSP stood with them because that is where they were least dangerous to him. With a good striker like Alves and I guess Hardy he put them on their backs. He has the skills to dictate where the fight takes place and he does.

Seriously think about it. Say you have a boxer with a 6" reach advantage and a wicked jab going up against a a guy with a deadly left hook and great in fighting game. Is the guy with the reach advantage all of a sudden a ***** because he stays to the outside where he is the strongest and picks the other guy apart with superior footwork or is he just a smart boxer?

Would you do any different were you in his spandex? Toss out everything you could use to win to just swing for the fences?

See I can understand Penn fans having a hate on for the guy that beat him twice. But its things like this I just don't get.

The man fights... in a cage..... for a living. You really think he is scared?

If you were a MMA champ and you knew you had a HUGE skill advantage over another fighter' date=' and that advantage neutralized what the other guy could do, would you not use what you have spent years perfecting to win said fight?

Maybe GSP thinks to much sometimes, but the fight plans his team puts together have proven to be successful. Against a wrestler/ground fighter like Fitch or Hughes or even BJ GSP stood with them because that is where they were least dangerous to him. With a good striker like Alves and I guess Hardy he put them on their backs. He has the skills to dictate where the fight takes place and he does.

Seriously think about it. Say you have a boxer with a 6" reach advantage and a wicked jab going up against a a guy with a deadly left hook and great in fighting game. Is the guy with the reach advantage all of a sudden a ***** because he stays to the outside where he is the strongest and picks the other guy apart with superior footwork or is he just a smart boxer?

Would you do any different were you in his spandex? Toss out everything you could use to win to just swing for the fences?[/quote']

I wouldnt say that he is "scared". Thinks to much?.. maybe. Boring and no longer able to finish guys?.. with out a doubt. If GSP couldnt find a way to beat Hardy on the ground, then he wont be able to finish any of the guys he is going to be facing. Though Hardy is a purple belt under Eddie Bravo GSP had him vastly outclassed, and was still unable to finish.

If GSP doesn't posses a size advantage over his opponent, then he will not be able to finish him.

I wouldnt say that he is "scared". Thinks to much?.. maybe. Boring and no longer able to finish guys?.. with out a doubt. If GSP couldnt find a way to beat Hardy on the ground' date=' then he wont be able to finish any of the guys he is going to be facing. Though Hardy is a purple belt under Eddie Bravo GSP had him vastly outclassed, and was still unable to finish.

If GSP doesn't posses a size advantage over his opponent, then he will not be able to finish him.[/quote']

I guess time will tell. I am fully behind wishing GSP would go back to the viscous GnP he used to dish out.

I won't ask about the Penn fight :) But did you really find the Fitch fight boring? GSP beat him like a rented mule. The Hughes fight and Serra fight were both good.

I actually like Penn and his fight against Edgar was a total snoozer.

Just like with Silva, opponents and styles make fights.

Give GSP a ground fighter and he will stand with the guy. Give him a striker and he will put them on their back.

Give Silva a Forrest Griffin or James Irvin and you get a highlite reel KO. Give him a guy like Leites or Maia and you get what we got. Just like GSP, Silva is going to keep the fight where his advantage lies.

You like it better because his advantage is striking. Doesn't make it any less true.

edit: Is that really all you have to hate on the guy for is his last 2 fights he didn't finish? Forget the 20-2 record. Forget the 7 fight win streak. Forget that he has fought some of the best guys of his generation at 170lbs and stopped Matt Hughes twice? Toss all that out the window and decide to hate him because even though he left no doubt who won those fights he didn't finish.

No offense but wow. If that's all you got just .....wow.

It was 2 years ago this past Monday that you finished Matt Serra' date=' who is the only WW you've finished in the last 2 years. Keep up the good work![/quote']

The BJ fight was a welterweight fight and that was stopped due to BJ's corner throwing in the towel because he couldn't see anymore. Enough said thank you.

I guess time will tell. I am fully behind wishing GSP would go back to the viscous GnP he used to dish out.

I won't ask about the Penn fight :) But did you really find the Fitch fight boring? GSP beat him like a rented mule. The Hughes fight and Serra fight were both good.

I actually like Penn and his fight against Edgar was a total snoozer.

Just like with Silva' date=' opponents and styles make fights.

Give GSP a ground fighter and he will stand with the guy. Give him a striker and he will put them on their back.

Give Silva a Forrest Griffin or James Irvin and you get a highlite reel KO. Give him a guy like Leites or Maia and you get what we got. Just like GSP Silva is going to keep the fight where his advantage lies.

You like it better because his advantage is striking. Doesn't make it any less true.[/quote']

You can ask lol, Bj got worked plan and simple. I hold no ill will against GSP for giving Bj the beating of his life.. that being said I think if he did not have a size advantage then the fight would have gone differently (avoiding the grease issue).

I agree with the argument relating Silva to GSP, and I understand the similarities. However, the difference between the two is that GSP is able to control his opponents with takedowns and top position, and in so doing controlling the fight. If Silva's opponents chose to not engage him or simply go for takedowns then it leaves him in a position to not control the fight (excluding the Maia fight) and in so doing not allowing Silva to control the fight in a manner similar to GSP.

Silva can finish guys in his element, people are begining to doubt if GSP can do the same.

Archived