Lesnar extremely overrated

Bmoney602

I'm sorry but all the hype about Lesnar has been really getting to me. Am i missing something? or does it seem that Lesnar got a ******** title shot that many others deserved.

He lost to Frank Mir, came back won one fight, so he automatically gets a title shot? what a load of horse ****. I've heard countless people consider him their number 1 fighter.

Every fight I see he gets his opponent to the ground, weighs him down and just beats him with hammer punches, his opponent unable to do a damn thing because of his body mass.

I don't see how that qualifies someone as being the best, i'm sorry i simply don't understand what all the hype is about. Maybe i missed a fight that really defined him as a fighter?

Cro Cop, Carwin, Velasquez, three fighters who would definitly take the belt from him.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter as he won the belt and no one has taken it from him yet. I hate the guy and don't think he's very good. But his size/strength overcomes his weaknesses and allows him to win. It's pretty hard to say he's overrated when you look at who he's beat. Either way I hate the guy and do believe someone will figure out how to deal with his size. Unless he becomes a true Mixed Martial artist once he's been exposed he'll have a tough time beating anyone. I see Shane being the guy that is big enough to take Lesnar out though but we'll have to see.

Well I would say he is no joke, as far as being the best of all time he is extremely far away from that, especially with Fedor. As far as the title shot it kinda makes sense, Couture was holding out, No.1 in UFC, Sylvia and Nog fought for interim title, that takes care of No. 2 and 3 in the UFC. Mir was going to face Nog so that takes care of No.5. So Lesnar could be No.6 in the UFC and get the title shot. Lesnar never defended the UFC undisputed title, so we'll see how he does a champion. Carwin and Velasquez weren't huge names yet and Cro Cop wasn't doing well in the UFC.

Also keep in mind money is what makes the UFC go round, and as much as I hate Lesnar as a fighter, he brings WWE nubs in here to get some extra bucks.

I don't think he is so much over rated as unproven. It is unfortunate he had his illness when he did. If he had have fought and beat Carwin (hypothetical Carwin fans relax, breathe) and be looking at his third or fourth title defense by now things might be different

Right now he is a 4-1 fighter.Explosive athlete and genetic freak,yes but 4-1. Pretyt hard to figure out what he is or will be with 5 fights under his belt.

I'm sorry but all the hype about Lesnar has been really getting to me. Am i missing something? or does it seem that Lesnar got a ******** title shot that many others deserved.

He lost to Frank Mir' date=' came back won one fight, so he automatically gets a title shot? what a load of horse ****. I've heard countless people consider him their number 1 fighter.

Every fight I see he gets his opponent to the ground, weighs him down and just beats him with hammer punches, [b']his opponent unable to do a damn thing[/b] because of his body mass.

I don't see how that qualifies someone as being the best, i'm sorry i simply don't understand what all the hype is about. Maybe i missed a fight that really defined him as a fighter?

Cro Cop, Carwin, Velasquez, three fighters who would definitly take the belt from him.

baby-crying.jpg

Nice first post....yeah, those guys that Brock outmassed should've known better than to take a fight against a bigger guy. I mean what is this, UFC? We shouldn't have Brock, he's too big....please. Mir adding mass, becoming as big as Lesnar, didn't help him. Face it, Brock beat legitimate mixed martial artists.

And once again, you can't be mad at Brock for getting an early title shot, that was dollar signs in the eyes of Dana White and Joe Silva. They risked it and it paid off.

He got the title shot because of how many people would watch the fight. There was nothing going on at the time and, financially, it made sense to give him a title shot.

As far as him being the best, that's yet to be seen. Claiming that he is the best is just stupid because he's only beaten a washed-up Heath Herring, an old Randy Couture, and an overrated Frank Mir. Claiming that he's terrible is also stupid because he only lost his first fight due to a rookie mistake.

There's no telling where his career is going to go. He could be great, or he could be a waste of time.

@Doctor_Obviously: A legitimate mixed martial artist? he has yet to prove that to me. Yes hes jacked as hell , but what did he do to prove that, sitting on Frank Mir and hammer punching him for 2 rounds? What a joke. that sure as hell doesn't make himself a legitimate mixed martial artist. I respect your opinion, and i laughed at the picture, but to me Lesnar has much to prove.

ps: I'm a little Green and i haven't seen his fight with Couture, maybe after I see that i'll be convinced

@Doctor_Obviously: A legitimate mixed martial artist? he has yet to prove that to me. Yes hes jacked as hell ' date=' but what did he do to prove that, sitting on Frank Mir and hammer punching him for 2 rounds? What a joke. that sure as hell doesn't make himself a legitimate mixed martial artist. I respect your opinion, and i laughed at the picture, but to me Lesnar has much to prove.

ps: I'm a little Green and i haven't seen his fight with Couture, maybe after I see that i'll be convinced[/quote']

Someone can be one-dimensional and still win every fight. Look at the route GSP is taking.

Just because you compete in a mixed martial arts organization doesn't mean you have to use every single type of martial art.

its hard to say he's over rated when after all he is the defending champion. Then again sinse he's been champion others have stepped up a gear and with brock being ill nothings been able to be proven either way. For me i cant say he's over rated cos as i said he's not only won the belt he's defended it too, we've never seen him really tested..except mir but that was more inexprience by brock which will sort itself out. Be interesting against carwin tho, i really can't call a winner and to be honest i dont want to. I just want to sit back and enjoy the fight and literally accept it when the best man wins. I dont have a problem with brocks attitude...it's not like i sit down and have dinner with him..i just watch him fight...and carwin, well maybe i'm wrong but i dont believe he's the man he shows us, none of them are, if brock speaks out of turn it's up to carwin to shut him up..will he or wont he?? lol thats all im waiting to see. People can say best p4p gsp silva fedor all that but the fight of the year for me...the one that i cant wait for is lesnar vs carwin...cos thats just gonna be mental :-D.

@Doctor_Obviously: A legitimate mixed martial artist? he has yet to prove that to me. Yes hes jacked as hell ' date=' but what did he do to prove that, sitting on Frank Mir and hammer punching him for 2 rounds? What a joke. that sure as hell doesn't make himself a legitimate mixed martial artist. I respect your opinion, and i laughed at the picture, but to me Lesnar has much to prove.

ps: I'm a little Green and i haven't seen his fight with Couture, maybe after I see that i'll be convinced[/quote']

All good man, but I originally said Lesnar BEAT legitimate mixed martial artists (guys with years more experience in MMA), therefore I'd say Brock is considered a legit mixed martial artist now. True, his record is 4-1, but Fedor also started exactly the same with a 4-1. Who knows where Brock's gonna go? He could keep losing, but I don't see that. As a Lesnar fan, I still know he'll be the biggest sore loser if he's defeated again and he doesn't want to deal with that. But never say never.....He could go far, no matter HOW he does it as long as he keeps winning.

As far as your Lesnar/Mir fight insight is concerned? Hahaha. Watch it again. Brock put nearly 70 shots in Mir's face. Mir got in about 4. Too bad Mir couldn't do what Brock did. Oh right, he decided to wait until he fought Kongo to get jacked up, which we saw didn't help afterall.

He lost to Frank Mir' date=' came back won one fight, so he automatically gets a title shot? what a load of horse ****. I've heard countless people consider him their number 1 fighter.

Every fight I see he gets his opponent to the ground, weighs him down and just beats him with hammer punches, his opponent unable to do a damn thing because of his body mass.

Cro Cop, Carwin, Velasquez, three fighters who would definitly take the belt from him.[/quote']

let me guess...

you get picked on alot right?

Cro Cop, Carwin, Velasquez, three fighters who would definitly take the belt from him.[/quote']

this has got to be the dumbest post i haev ever seen cro cop who got picked apart by junior dos santos who quit on the fight would be lesnar hahahahaha fail then theres cain who is a smaller weaker mexican version of lesnar i give that fight to lesnar carwin is a possibility of beating lesnar but still the favourite is brokc except it the baddest mother on the planet is in the ufc he doesnt care what you think he's the number one heavyweight his name is brock lesnar

i'll give the guy credit for beating Randy couture, that is one hell of an accomplishment, then again Randy is 40 and Lesnar is in his physical prime, though i don't think Randy makes that excuse so i guess its fair to give the man some props. Cro Cop has serious talent, hes not the smallest dude nor the biggest obviously but he throws kicks like they're punches and i've seen him make a man twice his size cry, thats pretty damn impressive.

Someone can be one-dimensional and still win every fight. Look at the route GSP is taking.

Just because you compete in a mixed martial arts organization doesn't mean you have to use every single type of martial art.

FINALLY, SOMEONE ELSE WHO UNDERSTANDS THIS!

I can't tell you how many posts I've read saying Lesnar sucks because he's not "well rounded"...

STF What! This is a fight!

Guy who smashes other guy wins!

Guy who submits other guy wins!

You don't have to beat someone twice using two different skills, there is no "mixed" requirement.

If you got one skill no one can stop, you da champ!

He got the title shot...won it....then defended it, whats the problem?

[b']I don't see how that qualifies someone as being the best[/b], i'm sorry i simply don't understand what all the hype is about. Maybe i missed a fight that really defined him as a fighter?

when any champion is criticized as being over hyped it defeats purpose of failed hype and has no place even being said.......an over hyped fighter is the fighter that is the guy that challenges another with a huge following but looses in the end and lesner did not...

you should of saved this comment and used it after the lesnar/carwin fight with the hopes of carwin dethroning him......but i don't see that happening.

carwin can win this fight but i have to see it happen to say he is a better fighter then lesnar.

the belt qualifies someone as being the best untill they loose it......you can argue it in all different ways and say so and so has it but the challenger is better but until he proves it.....he is less qualified.

After watching the Couture / Lesnar fight several times....Brock was very unimpressive....randy was wearing him out and he was breathing heavy.....and randy cut him above the right eye ...which you could tell really bothered him more then it would most fighters.........he caught Randy behine the ear.....not even with a good strike......and that is the cerebellum area (balance) and randy went down.......but there is no doubt ....if the fight would have went on from that point ....Randy would have gottend brock on his back and Brock would have either gassed, been submitted....or got pounded out.

I see brock trying to take Carwin down and being unsuccessful and getting KOed for his efforts.....

randy couture at 220 lbs. and 45 years old had Brock probably 285 lbs. at fight time pinned against the fence......wait until a 265 lb. carwin pushes him against the fence.....similar the way he did Mir .....and introduces Brock to some Dirty boxing...........Brock will Blame his loss to his time off........which is crap because he really has no MMA skills....just wrestling .....and his size.......

After he loses he will have to face Frank Mir ....for another Beating! then he will retire!

wait

Also keep in mind money is what makes the UFC go round' date=' and as much as I hate Lesnar as a fighter, he brings WWE nubs in here to get some extra bucks.[/quote']

Makes me so angry' date=' because it's completely true.[/quote']

... if lesnar can return from illness/ surgery/ & a 12-13 month layoff to take down carwin

& hammer-fist a victory > well, then you can butter my butt & call me biscuit ... (here we go :rolleyes:)

... I recommend another look at couture vs lesnar, lhw randy got caught on top of the noggin' but was doing very well for 8 minutes

> my fear is that carwin vs lesnar goes best of 3 which would limbo velasquez & dos santos <

Dudes, first of all, you can make negative arguments about any fighter if you don't like them. It is easy to verbally knock someone down, but it doesn't make you right.

True, Lesnar still has a lot to learn, but look at the people he's beaten, and how he has beaten them.

Herring is washed up, whatever. Brock is older than Herring by a year. Herring isn't washed up, he just doesn't have the physical attributes to beat Brock Lesnar.

Randy is old, how many times has that been said? Nothing more to say there.

Overrated Frank Mir???? Mir is a stud, one of the truly gifted MMA fighters. His only problem is that he's fighting a new, massive breed of heavyweights that are gifted on the ground. Mir got his **** kicked by Lesnar and Carwin because they are simply phenomenal athletes.

So, from there, don't worry about the hype surrounding Lesnar. He will either get taken out and you will have your ultimate pleasure, or he will kick **** and you'll be stuck making more excuses.

And why bother saying what fight did you miss that defined Lesnar as a fighter. This is MMA (MIXED MARTIAL ARTS) so there is not one discipline or multiple disciplines that a fighter MUST use to win their fight. It is whatever works for that fighter in that particular situation, whether that be a guillotine choke, a KO punch to the jaw or 375 hammer fists to the face of your downed opponent. A win is a win and when you're at this level, they are all good wins, except for Anderson Silva, finish your fights dude.

What do you want to ***** about now?

Nice first post....yeah' date=' those guys that Brock outmassed should've known better than to take a fight against a bigger guy. I mean what is this, UFC? We shouldn't have Brock, he's too big....please. Mir adding mass, becoming as big as Lesnar, didn't help him. Face it, Brock beat legitimate mixed martial artists.

And once again, you can't be mad at Brock for getting an early title shot, that was dollar signs in the eyes of Dana White and Joe Silva. They risked it and it paid off.[/quote']

Agreed with this.

One thing that I do like about Brock is that he will finish the fight. Hammer fists are his this and he does them very fast with his power.

I Hope A Silva does go to HW so he can see how the big boys play and how fights should go.

Brock & Carwin is going to be awesome because someone is going to get smashed either on the ground or standing. Can't wait....

Shane Carwin is overrated right now' date=' he's hyped at the moment, people rely on this particular man to dethrone the greatest HW champion because of hatred and jealously. Face it, Brock beat the previous champ, and defended the belt by beating Mir.[/quote']

he's 12-0 and has never gone past the first round...... just shut up. there's alot of hyped of fighters that don't deserve it but carwin sure isn't one of them.

STFU ***** Brock is the #1 p4p fighter on the planet. He is the best there is, the best there was, and the best there ever will be. If you're not down with that, I got 2 words for ya, suck it! Whatcha gonna do when Brock and the Brockamaniacs go butt wild on you, brother?

Lesnar is the champ, theirfore he is the best. Until he loses the title, no-one is as good as him. Its as simple as that[/Q

Couldn have said it n e better. Why do ppl hate this guy so much? Im not much of a fan of him either but he beat the guy with the belt. What else can the guy do?

well imo,brock is overhyped and didn't deserve a shot for the title.after losing to mir, then he gets a washed up herring (yes i know,he is just a year older than brock but has fought 40 professional fights,damage has been done to his body) and gets a title shot?come on...then he gnp a 40yr old couture.he hasn't even defended the title,yes he hasn't because the lesnar/mir 2 is unifying the hw title.now with regards to carwin,he is not an overhyped fighter...he has proven it 12x in his mma career by KO 12 fighters all in 1st rd.probably most of you will say that his 10 first fights are all can,but i guess its more legitimate to consider him a top contender than brock because brock should have proven his self first before getting a title shot with randy.now,if brock will win his next 2-3 fights and defend his title then he is worthy to hold the belt.

STFU ***** Brock is the #1 p4p fighter on the planet. He is the best there is' date=' the best there was, and the best there ever will be. If you're not down with that, I got 2 words for ya, suck it! Whatcha gonna do when Brock and the Brockamaniacs go butt wild on you, brother?[/quote']

ohhhhhhyeaaaaaaaa snap into a slim jim!

Can you explain why you hate Lesnar so much?

He is not overrated. He is fast and undeniably huge. I didn't agree when he got the Title shot but he won and defended the belt even if he was a lot bigger than his opponents I am looking forward to 116 and see what will happen. I neither like nor dislike Brock Lesnar but he is the CHAMP and is staying in the UFC for some time so just live with it.

This is a tuff one I myself think people hype him up to much and he is a little over rated compared to others.

Loss - Submission to Frank Mir

Win - Heath Herring Desision. C'mon it's Heath he isn't 1 win worth a shot

Win - Randy. Randy was winning the fight, out wrestling him in the clinch but got stopped

Win - Frank Mir. This is his first worth while win where he showed his domination on top but his stand up was garbage.

On paper it seems overated but you can't deny his strength and his game on the top. But his standup is garbage and we haven't seen him off his back really

well if you watched the lesnar vs mir 1,mir is getting dominated then lesnar just got careless so he got submitted,and about the stephen neal fight,lesnar is junior and neal is senior their and he's undefeated champion.give lesnar a break,you jealous?

Not over rated just not well tested. Give him some time to prove himself.

I swear the title shot b.s. is the most retarded thing constantly brought up regarding Lesnar. IF HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE TITLE SHOT AGAINST COUTURE TELL ME WHO ELSE IN THE HW DIVISION AT THAT TIME SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE SHOT IN FRONT OF HIM. It's amazing how a little thought before typing would save about 50% band width on the BEATEN TO DEATH anti Lesnar subjects.:rolleyes:

Carwin could be called over hyped sure he has 12 wins but the best fighter he fought was Mir. Both Carwin and Lesnar have only a few win against top contenders. If anyone is overrated it's Mir. It's going to be biggest test for both these guys and to say one of them is overrated just cheapens the win for the other. You can make all these claims but Lesnar and Carwin are the best 2 fighters in the UFC HW Div without a doubt in my mine.

i wouldnt say he is overrated by his last performance against mir. i do think he got his title shot way to soon. he should have had to fight a few others first. i dont think lesnar will ever get the respect from every one just because he used to be in the WWE. I didnt like him at first. i still dont know if i really like him in the ufc. but i am not going to hate on the guy. every fighter had to get a start from somewhere. if you got offered millions to go be a "pro rassler" you would. so lets give broc a chance. carwin is a good match up for broc. hopefully we will see if broc had a chin or not.

i wouldnt say he is overrated by his last performance against mir. i do think he got his title shot way to soon. he should have had to fight a few others first. i dont think lesnar will ever get the respect from every one just because he used to be in the WWE. I didnt like him at first. i still dont know if i really like him in the ufc. but i am not going to hate on the guy. every fighter had to get a start from somewhere. if you got offered millions to go be a "pro rassler" you would. so lets give broc a chance. carwin is a good match up for broc. hopefully we will see if broc had a chin or not.

i agree, it will be interesting to see what brocks chin is like....but dont forget gonzaga nearly had carwin so the one time carwin has been hit he buckled..yeah gonzaga is a big lad but if brock lands a similar punch on carwin to that of gonzaga it'll be interesting. It's gonna be fun and i dont care who wins as long as its a good fight.

Cro Cop' date=' Carwin, Velasquez, three fighters who would definitly take the belt from him.[/quote']

Carwin has a good chance, Velasquez is a 50/50 & Cro Cop wouldn't stand a chance. Velasquez & Junior dos Santos would be a great fight though. JDS knockout in the 2nd round.

i do think he got his title shot way to soon. he should have had to fight a few others first.

Who should've gotten the title shot against Couture if not Lesnar?

Getting a shot early isn't an indicator of being spoon fed all the time sometimes there's just no one else in the division that presents a good challenge.

This is a tuff one I myself think people hype him up to much and he is a little over rated compared to others.

Loss - Submission to Frank Mir

Win - Heath Herring Desision. C'mon it's Heath he isn't 1 win worth a shot

Win - Randy. Randy was winning the fight' date=' out wrestling him in the clinch but got stopped

Win - Frank Mir. This is his first worth while win where he showed his domination on top but his stand up was garbage.

On paper it seems overated but you can't deny his strength and his game on the top. But his standup is garbage and we haven't seen him off his back really[/quote']

His first loss to Mir was ********. Lesnar accidentally caught Mir with 1 shot to the back of the head, mind you Mir was turning his head because he was getting killed, and the idiot ref stood Brock up and deducted a point instead of giving the usual warning. Watch any fight other that Lesnar vs. Mir 1 where someone gets hit in the back of the head and you will hear the refs say, "hey, watch the back of the head". Mir was literally 3-8 seconds away from a defeat, then the ********, then the improbably leg lock. That was Brock's mistake, but the situation should never have happened.

Heath Herring still isn't washed up, he just needs a new training regimen. He never faced such large and athletic fighters so he had no idea what he was walking into.

Randy may be old, but at HW, he is still top 10 and at LHW as well. He may be slowing down, but just watch how he is still able to control tempo and the other fighter. He can still put larger fighters against the cage and control them even if he is outweighed by 20 - 50 pounds. Don't count him out until he fully retires.

Lesnar vs. Mir 2 - Seriously, Brock could have ended the fight in the first round, but he wanted to punish Mir because he can't stand him. Brock did this and made Frank's face look like left over meatloaf.

Lesnar vs. Carwin - Can't wait to see what happens. 2 monsters finally meeting up. Carwin is not overrated. It's funny, I hear people say Brock is overrated and that Carwin is overrated. Both are beating the **** out of everyone they fight, how are they overrated. For all the Fedor fans, I'm one of them, if he gets to finally fight a true top heavyweight, he's dead. It'll be a joke. He's awesome, but he doesn't have the athleticism or size to take on the new breed of HW in the UFC. It would be great to see though.

Don't hate Brock, I love his "**** you" attitude. It's perfect.

Not over rated just not well tested. Give him some time to prove himself.

I swear the title shot b.s. is the most retarded thing constantly brought up regarding Lesnar. IF HE SHOULDN'T HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE TITLE SHOT AGAINST COUTURE TELL ME WHO ELSE IN THE HW DIVISION AT THAT TIME SHOULD HAVE BEEN GIVEN THE SHOT IN FRONT OF HIM. It's amazing how a little thought before typing would save about 50% band width on the BEATEN TO DEATH anti Lesnar subjects.:rolleyes:

Werdum,Nogueira to name a few. Heck even Mir. That TUF season was ******** they just desperatly wanted to give Brock a title shot.

Archived