That knee missed his head

xxTRUTHxx

I thought for sure that knee had landed right on the button, until the replay showed that it missed. So from the refs point I can see why he would have stopped it and ruled it a DQ as it was happening it appeared to have landed. It must have connected somewhat as Rich definetly seemed dazed talking to the Doc, and Ref well they were deciding if he could continue. I didn't like the way Kaycey carried on after saying he didn't respect Rich as a fighter due to winning like that, he threw a very risky knee there that has the potential to be a knee to the head of a grounded opponent. Sometimes when you play with fire...

No it connected on the head pretty good imo. Besides how are you gonna mad losing by DQ when you were getting your **** handed to you for 2 and a half minutes and your first glimpse of light was a from illegal strikes.

I agree that he was getting worked for the first half of the round, but sometimes a gamechanger can happen. I think in the moment the ref made the right call, but on the replay idk it looked close.

I agree that he was getting worked for the first half of the round' date=' but sometimes a gamechanger can happen. I think in the moment the ref made the right call, but on the replay idk it looked close.[/quote']

That was a much cleaner call than the Jones vs Hamil fight honestly. I think everyone and their mother knows you cant knee someone in the head while theyre downed, but i never heard of a 12-6 elbow being illegal before that fight.

He was kneeing a grounded opponent who was on his knees. Risky move, and it did connect, not much, but enough to be an illegal strike. It didn't look like he was trying to be precise, as much as unloading the knees. Stupid move, and the way he acted after the fight made me completely lose all respect for the guy.(Even though I had little to begin with)

No it connected on the head pretty good imo. Besides how are you gonna mad losing by DQ when you were getting your **** handed to you for 2 and a half minutes and your first glimpse of light was a from illegal strikes.

yea he was gettin beat good but he used that kimura as a sweep and he did it very well, and he did that before those knee strikes so that wasn't the "first glimpse of light" he was on top after hitting a great sweep. that stoppage was BS imo.

I thought for sure that knee had landed right on the button' date=' until the replay showed that it missed. So from the refs point I can see why he would have stopped it and ruled it a DQ as it was happening it appeared to have landed. It must have connected somewhat as Rich definetly seemed dazed talking to the Doc, and Ref well they were deciding if he could continue.[b'] I didn't like the way Kaycey carried on after saying he didn't respect Rich as a fighter due to winning like that,[/b] he threw a very risky knee there that has the potential to be a knee to the head of a grounded opponent. Sometimes when you play with fire...

i disagree... he acted as he should have.. that fight meant alot to him.. as he screamed out something like '' dont do this this fight is my life'' these guys come from nothing and put it all out there to make a living out of the sport.. with that being said.. he KNEW he didnt land the knee to his head.. thats what he was yelling the whole time ''watch the replay i didnt hit his head'' the other fighter w/e his name was should of manned up and kept fighting cause he knew it didnt hit his head.. he broke his hand with the knee and knew hed lose if he continued.. so he deserves disrespect.. even though he wa sbeing smart sometimes you gotta be a man about shizz

In the end its still his fault for kneeing a downed opponent, an accedental strike to the head is the risk you take. So if he wants to whine and cry about it let him, still his fault for kneeing the guy who was clearly not "trying to get up" as he said(his shins were both completely on the ground when he started throwing knees)

I just opened up the DVR and rewatched the fight in slow mo...if you look very carefully..the first knee hit no where near his chest and actually looks like it hits the top of his head which maybe caused him to go unconscious. That second knee i'm not too sure about though.

first when i watched the fight I thought he did get kneed but the replay clearly showed the knee missing his head and only hit his hand. He was faking it because his hand hurt.

controversial call but he wasnt faking. the conclusive replay showed the knee hitting the head but i believe it connected with the wrist first. it wasnt a direct shot to the head but still a foul, as it was a knee to a downed opponent - despite being deflected off the hand. well thats what i can make of it.

i say its a fair call. the guy probably wouldve won anyways, but in the end it looked like they ended up knocking each other out of the show

well anyways my pc has a virus again for like the 4th time in a month and its time to reformat again. dammit

I dont know what fight some of you idiots were watching but the knee wasnt even close' date=' didnt even come near grazing the head. He faked it to get the win. The tide of the fight was changing. I cant believe Dana or Tito didnt watch a replay and say anything????[/quote']

What fking fight were YOU watching moron - go back and rewind the fight to 1:26 ... Tito totally lies and says the first one hit his chest. That first knee hits his right hand and his head at the same time.

The SECOND knee grazed or missed his head. But if you watch how he aims for the fking guys head on the second one he is lucky he didnt connect - that would have done some serious head trauma to his opponent.

Fking guy then has no class and blames his opponent for being a pus$y after 2 illegal strikes? $hit he was looking like a big ****** himself hiding on his stomach for 2 minutes. Then he has the gall to try 2 knees to the head, say he didnt do it, then call his opponent weak?

What a fking ***** - Im glad he's off the show, he's a fking loser.

I just watched the slow mo on my DVR. The first knee hit him right in the forehead. The second knee pinned his right hand between the knee and his forehead causing the breakage of his hand. The ref totally made the right call and a fighter with that many fights under his belt should have known better.

The knees to the head yes were stupid. He got caught up in the moment and wasnt thinking. Did the knees do any real damage, No. The guy was gassed trying to finish the fight and couldnt. The tide was starting to change. The hand was broken trying to finish the fight not from a knee. Thats how I see it. Should he have gotten disqualified, yea he did screw up twice. Do I think he should fill his spot now that his hand is broken, absolutely!

mental.gif

Completely missed the head. The first knee was CLOSE, but was blocked. I agree it is stupid to throw the knee, but if it doesn't hit there shouldn't be a DQ. Rich wanted out and he got out, but he shouldn't have won. And yes, I know it was an illegal knee blah blah blah, but it didn't hit, therefore not illegal. If he were to have tried to kick Rich in the crotch and missed, not illegal - tried to poke his eye and missed, not illegal - so the knee isn't illegal, just stupid. Rich faked like he got hit because he knew he had broken his hand sometime in the fight - "Ow, my head" and "Do you know where you are?" " In a cage fighting". Thats worse than someone trying to knee you in the head when you're down, Kyacey was stupid and got caught up in the moment - Rich blatantly lied and faked his way to a win.

I hope Kyacey gets Rich's spot.

He was kneeing a grounded opponent who was on his knees. Risky move' date=' and it did connect, not much, but enough to be an illegal strike. It didn't look like he was trying to be precise, as much as unloading the knees. Stupid move, and the way he acted after the fight made me completely lose all respect for the guy.(Even though I had little to begin with)[/quote']

you can knee someone while there on the ground you just can't knee them to the head.

I agree with most that one knee was to the chest/collarbone and the next just grazed by his face not doing any damage. It should not have been a disqualification. At most they should have given the down fighter a few minutes to recuperate. Instead he took advantage of the situation and played it for the win. He could have continued but didn't. I agree it's probably because he knew he had injured his hand. Lame.

i disagree... he acted as he should have.. that fight meant alot to him.. as he screamed out something like '' dont do this this fight is my life'' these guys come from nothing and put it all out there to make a living out of the sport.. with that being said.. he KNEW he didnt land the knee to his head.. thats what he was yelling the whole time ''watch the replay i didnt hit his head'' the other fighter w/e his name was should of manned up and kept fighting cause he knew it didnt hit his head.. he broke his hand with the knee and knew hed lose if he continued.. so he deserves disrespect.. even though he wa sbeing smart sometimes you gotta be a man about shizz

You know all this from watching the fight or replay? I don't remember hearing anybody talk about any of this. To speculate like that is not the best idea, Rich said he was dazed and at first thought he had lost but then was informed of the DQ. Obviously it must have connected with his head in some way shape or form to have him be as dummied as he appeared to be. I'm not saying it was the right stoppage, but that's what happened and at the end of the day I feel the Ref made the right call in the moment. Perhaps if they could utilize replays better it could have made for a different outcome.

mental.gif

Completely missed the head. The first knee was CLOSE' date=' but was blocked. I agree it is stupid to throw the knee, but if it doesn't hit there shouldn't be a DQ. Rich wanted out and he got out, but he shouldn't have won. And yes, I know it was an illegal knee blah blah blah, but it didn't hit, therefore not illegal. If he were to have tried to kick Rich in the crotch and missed, not illegal - tried to poke his eye and missed, not illegal - so the knee isn't illegal, just stupid. Rich faked like he got hit because he knew he had broken his hand sometime in the fight - "Ow, my head" and "Do you know where you are?" " In a cage fighting". Thats worse than someone trying to knee you in the head when you're down, Kyacey was stupid and got caught up in the moment - Rich blatantly lied and faked his way to a win.

I hope Kyacey gets Rich's spot.[/quote']

Way to show everyone that the knees didn't even come close with your avatar video. I even thought the knees were closer than that but after watching your video holy sh*t missed by a mile!

Forget the second knee. Show a replay of the first knee because it sure as hell didn't hit his chest. If you don't want to lose by DQ due to illegal knees to a downed opponent's head, then don't aim an illegal knee directly at your opponent's head. I think he hit him with the first knee, but if he did miss with either knee it was only because his aim was off because he was aiming for the head. Very justified stoppage.

Was well impressed with Rich for the first part of the round but I was probably more impressed with the way Kyacey defended the onslaught, you just knew that Rich was gonna gas out soon which is exactly what happened and my money was definately on Kyacey taking the fight from there on if it wasnt for the DQ.

The knee was a glancing blow to his hand which got caught in between the knee and his head (hence the broken hand)' date=' so in a way it was a knee to the head. It was a justified DQ in my opinion.[/quote']

Exactly, if the hand hadn't been there that knee would have spiked him right in the temple and could have done some serious hardcore damage. The rules are in place for a reason. The contact may have been primarily on the hand but it was also on the head and with the right angle you can see the kneecap bouncing off his frontal lobe. The kid was lucky he only got a broken hand because Uscuola was getting beat and lost his composure like a girl. Even the kimura failed since Rich rolled right out and was on his way back to his feet. I have no doubt that had Rich made it upright, that fight would not have made it out of that round. Uscuola knew this too and took a biotch way out by blatantly and intentionally breaking rules then *****ing when he got caught and DQ'ed. He was probably counting on a few minutes to rest and then going back to fight against a still foggy opponent.

Forget the second knee. Show a replay of the first knee because it sure as hell didn't hit his chest. If you don't want to lose by DQ due to illegal knees to a downed opponent's head' date=' then don't aim an illegal knee directly at your opponent's head. I think he hit him with the first knee, but if he did miss with either knee it was only because his aim was off because he was aiming for the head. Very justified stoppage.[/quote']

thats LEGAL you can knee the body just not the HEAD!

Even in that silly little GIF you can see when it shows from the rear angle that Rich's head and neck is twisted to his right by the contact from the knee. It may have been a glancing blow' date=' but it definitely contacted the head, and thus illegal.[/quote']

he had no swelling, bumps or bruises his head was not even red on that area of his head.

I have to say that I thought it was a stiff blow while it was happening. The ref was right to stop it there. The replay however is a little confusing, mainly from the angle it was shown. It definitely looks like the last knee hit his had, and maybe glanced his head, but I can't be sure. His head does rock backwards, and if things are happening that fast, you can't exactly time it to make it look real.

I would give Rich the benefit of the doubt though. Kyacey has been in more than enough fights to know that he was throwing dangerous knees. He wasn't on his feet, and they were close. I would have to agree with the ref, and Dana on this one.

thats LEGAL you can knee the body just not the HEAD!

How is THAT legal when I just said he hit him in the head and was clearly aiming for his head? I don't know what you are pointing out from my quote that was legal. I'm saying even if he did miss, he was clearly aiming at the head so it isn't surprising the ref thought that is what he hit when the guy went down. Don't try something illegal if you don't want to chance getting DQ'd for it. And anybody who says he wasn't aiming for the head is full of crap.

I thought it was a bs call. You can't dq someone on their "intent" to throw a knee to the head of a down opponent because it obviously missed. That guy could have continued. I feel sorry for the guy that got screwed hopefully he gets a wild card chance or something. Totally agree with him when he was like "lets see the replay." Another reason why MMA needs instant replay.

Kyacey was getting beat, but he had turned the tide of the fight. He showed a ton of heart to withstand that onslaught, and turn that fight around. The guy was on his way up. I could not see if his knee was still on the mat or not, one was up for sure. And, it glanced his head. No way it caused all that damage.

Kyacey will be back on the show though, as he could not continue in the show.

Archived