Worst Fight Match Ups Ever

Melvinj0

What are the worst fight match ups that you have seen? Fights where it was just obvious who was gunna win before anyone even stepped into the cage, and fights that just shouldnt of happened. Heres mine

Coleman Vs Couture - This fight would have been good back in the day, but when i heard this was the main event at UFC 109 i was just like wtf? I mean seriously, coleman had no chance of wining and the fight match up was pretty stupid.

Silva Vs Maia- This one is slightly understandable since maia was a replacement but still, this fight should have never happened. Everyone knew maia had ZERO chance of landing a takedown and it was obvious that he didnt stand a chance striking with silva.

Tito Ortiz Vs Chuck Liddel 3- Yes, i know, this fight is no longer going to happen. But just the fact that this fight almost happened is pretty upsetting. Chuck dominated tito their first two fights, hell i was even upset about them haveing a rematch after their first fight. So a 3rd fight would have just been completley ridiculous.

Here are a couple that just pop in my head quickly...

Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie (what a joke of a fight...*Renzo: "no ref, back up, let the guy that has been punching my face in the whole fight help me up from the ground"*)

GSP vs. Hardy (yes Hardy is good, but I knew exactly what was going to happen, and it did)

Silva vs. Franklin (both times)

Jones vs. Vera (yes..Vera is garbage now)

Here are a couple that just pop in my head quickly...

Hughes vs. Renzo Gracie (what a joke of a fight...*Renzo: "no ref' date=' back up, let the guy that has been punching my face in the whole fight help me up from the ground"*)

GSP vs. Hardy (yes Hardy is good, but I knew exactly what was going to happen, and it did)

Silva vs. Franklin (both times)

Jones vs. Vera (yes..Vera is garbage now)[/quote']

I only agree with GSP vs Hardy here :)

Kimbo Slice vs Houston Alexander (although wasnt bad on paper before the fight)

Silva Vs Leites

My memory is rubbish :eek:

huge oops for me! lol...i just looked at the pic' date=' and you know they are like twins..my bad!

however, big nog should still hang it up after getting KTFO by Cain.[/quote']

so what if they are twin anyone who's following MMA for a couple of years knows that lil nog fights at LHW and big nog fights at HW ... and since forrest is a LHW it's really obvious that he's fighting lil nog

What are the worst fight match ups that you have seen? Fights where it was just obvious who was gunna win before anyone even stepped into the cage' date=' and fights that just shouldnt of happened. Heres mine

Coleman Vs Couture - This fight would have been good back in the day, but when i heard this was the main event at UFC 109 i was just like wtf? I mean seriously, coleman had no chance of wining and the fight match up was pretty stupid.

Silva Vs Maia- This one is slightly understandable since maia was a replacement but still, this fight should have never happened. Everyone knew maia had ZERO chance of landing a takedown and it was obvious that he didnt stand a chance striking with silva.

Tito Ortiz Vs Chuck Liddel 3- Yes, i know, this fight is no longer going to happen. But just the fact that this fight almost happened is pretty upsetting. Chuck dominated tito their first two fights, hell i was even upset about them haveing a rematch after their first fight. So a 3rd fight would have just been completley ridiculous.[/quote']

Silva VS. Everyone.

GSP VS. Everyone.

Seriously, you can say whatever bad about them you want. They are so good, it's almost boring, almost. Hard not to know the outcome of any of their fights.

why wait to become an embarrassment when he could go out as one of the best fighters in history? :/

I don't think fighters should feel the need to protect their records later on in their career to preserve what they once were. Just because Wandy, Big Nog, Chuck, Cro Cop, and a few others aren't doing good as of now I think they'll be remembered as the badasses they were regardless.

It's like Joe Louis, just because he ended his career by getting beaten down doesn't mean that he's not remembered as possibly the greatest boxer to ever live.

Kimbo vs Houston

Silva vs Maia- I know Maia was a replacement, but why him? He had a victory over Dan Miller who i think will get cut once Bisping defeats him. In my opinion, Chael Sonnen deserved a shot first since hes on a 3 fight winning streak.

Cro-Cop vs Perosh- I like this fight a lot, it was nice seeing Cro Cop dominate, but they should of had someone else fly to Australia and replace Rothwell.

Couture vs Coleman

Silva vs Griffin- dissapointment, I knew Griffin was going to lose, but I thought he would of done better.

Swick vs Hardy- Boring.

GSP vs Hardy

Kimbo vs Houston

Silva vs Maia- I know Maia was a replacement' date=' but why him? He had a victory over Dan Miller who i think will get cut once Bisping defeats him. [b'] In my opinion, Chael Sonnen deserved a shot first since hes on a 3 fight winning streak.[/b]

Cro-Cop vs Perosh- I like this fight a lot, it was nice seeing Cro Cop dominate, but they should of had someone else fly to Australia and replace Rothwell.

Couture vs Coleman

Silva vs Griffin- dissapointment, I knew Griffin was going to lose, but I thought he would of done better.

Swick vs Hardy- Boring.

GSP vs Hardy

I thought sonnen was injured and couldnt fight

Archived