Why is Cro Cop and Barry the co main event

NightMare1993

I just wanted to ask the Forum can some one please tell my why Cro-Cop and Pat Barry are the co main event of 115

Pat barry has had only 6 pro fights never beat any fighters to get there

and Cro Cop usually loses to any one half decent i just cant figure this out

It is confusing. 115 is a very weak card. One of the worst I have ever seen.

I'd say everything's relative and what do you expect on the card before the everyone's waited fo years it feels like Carwin/Lesnar fight. Besides, it's time for Cro Cop to put someone out on a semi main event or its time for him to step down after the end of his contract.

yea the only Fight i want to see is the Franklin fight cause this puts Franklin back in top 10

I doubt it, and im a big fan of the Ace. Im very excited for this fight, two of my favourite fighters, but a win for either guy will do nothing for their place in the 205 division

I just wanted to ask the Forum can some one please tell my why Cro-Cop and Pat Barry are the co main event of 115

Well' date=' Cro Cop is a legend of the sport and the UFC pays him a bunch of money to fight there so, it's not confusing to give a legend another opportunity and Pat is a young lion on his way to the top. There is nothing wrong with them being the co-main eventers.

yea the only Fight i want to see is the Franklin fight cause this puts Franklin back in top 10

No, it won't.

It looks week on paper' date=' but my gut is telling me this card is going to surprise everyone.[/quote']

Exactly, who knows, maybe Cro Cop will finally give us one legendary head kick KO and many fans (myself including) will cry out of joy.

I'd say everything's relative and what do you expect on the card before the everyone's waited fo years it feels like Carwin/Lesnar fight. Besides' date=' it's time for Cro Cop to put someone out on a semi main event or its time for him to step down after the end of his contract.[/quote']

As much as it pains me to say this, but I do agree. If Mirko won't be able to put down Pat (even by UD) than his pro fighting career really should be over. But, somehow I know that Mirko will win this fight and take on another legend (Minotauro for example) before he calls it a quits.

That announcement left me a bit disappointed. I've only been watching the UFC and MMA for about a year but in that time I've know all the big names and looked at there past in both the UFC and in Pride and in my honest opinion I don't think that Cro Cop is a big enough name any more to co-headline or headline a UFC pay-per-view.

Don't you know how the UFC rolls? They only need Chuck Liddell to carry a card for them.. The UFC could have their fighters fight a lot more often' date=' and STACK these cards.. But their champs only fight 2-3 times a year, if we're lucky. Other fighters get 3, 4 fights tops a year.[/quote']

True 115 is the fastest sellout in history

Cro Cop and Barry will provide an exiting stand up war, something many fans on here believe is the only way a mma should be. According to many on here this fight should take precedence on a card over say GSP vs Fitch for the title. I love mma and that includes striking and ground game equally. But this matchup between Cro Cop and Barry is for all the "striking only" mma fans.

UFC 115 is a weak card ' date=' sad cause the UFC was on a roll with those great cards since UFC 110[/quote']

I don't know about that. UFC 112 had a pretty good card, and that was the worst event I've seen in quite awhile. Just because the card isn't stacked doesn't mean the fights are gonna be terrible. I'm actually looking forward to UFC 115.

That announcement left me a bit disappointed. I've only been watching the UFC and MMA for about a year but in that time I've know all the big names and looked at there past in both the UFC and in Pride and in my honest opinion I don't think that Cro Cop is a big enough name any more to co-headline or headline a UFC pay-per-view.

oh cmon now

randy couture and mark coleman were the main event a couple cards ago

i think this one will be much better...and at least its the co main

oh cmon now

randy couture and mark coleman were the main event a couple cards ago

i think this one will be much better...and at least its the co main

Yup plus realisticly speaking Crocop is 4-1-1 in his last 6 fights which isnt that bad. His wins were over nobodies but its not as bad as Coleman and Coutore as the main event

for a lil while at first i was really pissed about this card. but i have come to see that this card was put forth to give us all stand up wars, except for a couple fights, the rest will all be stand up wars ending in KO. Just like everyone else going to this event or ordering ppv i would have liked to see a better co mainevent, maybe they will put fitch vs alves on the co main event and bump cro cop and barry down one. this card really is just missing one more good fight with well recognized fighters and when they put fitch and alves on here, if they still are going to, this card will look 10 times better.........theres been worse cards then this one.

The thing about this card is that although it looks pretty weak on paper I just have a feeling that it is going to turn out to be a pretty awesome night of fights.

Kinda the opposite to 112 which looked pretty awesome on paper but was probably one of the biggest let downs in UFC history.

Yes this card is weak. DANA WHITE SHOULD HOLD TO HIS UFC 112 PROMISE AND MAKE THIS A FREE TELEVISED EVENT. Yes it was a record sell out in Canada but that doesnt mean its a good card. They see UFC and think GSP so they buy it cause he is pretty much god up there.

read the sig.. thats why

It is confusing. 115 is a very weak card. One of the worst I have ever seen.

i bet its gonna have some real good fights though, and i think its pretty good

and its 2 good kickboxers, pat barry is an upandcomer and mirko is tryin to get back to his oldself, i actually cant wait for this fight i think its gonna be ko of the night

Dude Mirko vs Barry has fireworks written all over it. And that's not because I am a Mirko fan. Any fight that is Mirko vs Striker = Fireworks. Plus, Pat Barry is pretty awesome and Mirko is coming off a win after switching camps and putting on some weight. That fight is going to be awesome, mark my words.

Dude Mirko vs Barry has fireworks written all over it. And that's not because I am a Mirko fan. Any fight that is Mirko vs Striker = Fireworks. Plus' date=' Pat Barry is pretty awesome and Mirko is coming off a win after switching camps and putting on some weight. That fight is going to be awesome, mark my words.[/quote']

right and seriously, nobody knows how the fights going to play out, u cant judge a fight by its fighter i think it could be a hell of a fight can never know untill its over

I'd pay just to watch cro cop fight alone. I guarantee that this card will be 10x more exciting than UFC 112. Don't just a card by it's fighters.. UFC 108 was judged in the wrong way and it had awesome fights that night. Just because there isn't a champion fighting in this card doesn't mean it sucks. Expect to see a stand up war for the Co-main, and Main event. All four guys (cro cop, franklin, liddell, barry) are strikers so i don't see why people are crying...

I'd pay just to watch cro cop fight alone. I guarantee that this card will be 10x more exciting than UFC 112. Don't just a card by it's fighters.. UFC 108 was judged in the wrong way and it had awesome fights that night. Just because there isn't a champion fighting in this card doesn't mean it sucks. Expect to see a stand up war for the Co-main' date=' and Main event. All four guys (cro cop, franklin, liddell, barry) are strikers so i don't see why people are crying...[/quote']

i dont know penn vs edgar was great o think it almost made up for silva bs

• 2 weeks later...

how is 115 that bad liddell franklin are two legends that wont be boring. crocop another legend vs barry will prob be a ko. thiago vs kampmann are two top WW should be good. NBK vs rory mcdonald and evan dunham vs tyson griffin are good fights between young fighters on the brink of contention.idk if alves vs fitch will be on a later date but we also get gilbert yvel ko ben rothwell. that card isnt that bad

Archived