Bloody Elbow: "The Fedor Era is finished. He'll never fight top comp again"

SCOver2

Dayum son.... I know everything they're saying is true but even I'm shocked to hear it from Bloody Elbow

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2010/4/22/1437163/the-fedor-era-is-finished-fedor

The Fedor Era Is Finished: Fedor Emelianenko's Ridiculous Demands Mean He'll Never Fight the Best Again

We've already posted on yesterday's Loretta Hunt piece on the current state of affairs between M-1 Global, ie Fedor Emelianenko and his manager Vadim Finkelchstein, but I wanted to elaborate a bit on the implications. Vadim and company are essentially holding Strikeforce hostage. Strikeforce has tweeted their response to Hunt's article, but I respect her track record.

If Scott Coker and company want to see Fedor, the world's #1 heavyweight, per the USAT/SBN Consensus MMA Rankings, fighting on CBS or Showtime, they will need to clear the card to make way for M-1's bevy of other world class fighters. When M-1 had Gegard Mousasi on their roster, matters were a little different, but he has since parted ways. The M-1 roster is loaded with talent like Kiril "Baby Fedor" Sidelnikov, last seen by American fans getting a long and painful lesson in how not to slip a jab from Paul Buentello at Affliction: Reckoning.

As much as I love Russian fighters, and historically they've played a big role in MMA both in the U.S. and Japan. There is no one currently on the M-1 roster other than Fedor who is remotely worthy of getting airtime on CBS.

Sadly, it appears that Strikeforce is hanging onto the CBS deal by its fingertips. Here's Dave Meltzer from the Wrestling Observer (subscription required):

For Strikeforce, the goal to be at least a successful secondary Pepsi brand going against Coke is largely dependent on maintaining its link to CBS. They may be able to survive with Showtime footing a lot of the bills, without CBS, but the reach of Showtime is simply too small to offer major competition. The eventual goal of Strikeforce is to be able to build stars and matches to where they can viably run a few PPV events per year. Even with CBS, that was going to be difficult. Without CBS, and that becomes a real longshot.

For Strikeforce, the big question is whether CBS will continue to air the programming, and is Strikeforce a viable prime time entity on the network. What we've learned from the past is that CBS had been successful three out of four shows in selling ads to advertisers who target Males 18-34. The ratings themselves are lower than regular programming on the network, but the ability to target market to a specific demo is considered the strength of MMA. The fact is, Strikeforce has drawn a significantly older audience, likely due to the make-up of CBS as an older skewing network, than UFC has done on Spike. They can hit the targets if they have a major drawing card. In the past, Fedor Emelianenko, Kimbo Slice and Gina Carano have fit that bill. The question was whether Dan Henderson would be added to that list, and on a show built around him, he proved not to be.

In the end, CBS did a 1.76 rating and 2.86 million viewers, doing only a 1.26 in Males 18-34 (falling from a 2.3 the prior show) and a 1.74 in Males 35-49 (down from 2.7 last show). Before the show, they said they hoped because Henderson had more TV exposure in the U.S. than Emelianenko, that they could equal the 11/7 numbers, which was a 2.45 rating and 4.04 million viewers. However, privately they did not believe that was the case, and were hopeful of beating 3 million viewers. But it was a demo play and they came up a little short. ...

CBS officials will be meeting with Strikeforce later this week. Even though the rating is going to be the primary determining factor, the rating was at best lower borderline and the demo number disappointing. The show quality is just what it is. The matches weren't good. That's probably not that significant, although perhaps if they had a hot match or two, the rating would have been very slightly higher. The show went 45 minutes long, delaying the local newscasts. Given that the lead-in was a low audience in a demo that probably doesn't translate well to the local newscast, the affiliates probably weren't thrilled. But it was well known when the show was booked that they could go long. If the ratings were strong, going long wasn't going to be a major issue. If the ratings were strong, the brawl at the end of the show wasn't going to be an issue. Bad fights, weak ratings, going long and the brawl all combined, and people very close to the situation at press time recognized CBS may throw in the towel. There was negative publicity on the bad rating, and on the brawl. There were media outlets, most notably the New York Post which insinuated it was completely staged (it wasn't) and there absolutely was a general public feeling of that same thing. CBS may be thinking that between this and Kimbo-gate, the so-so ratings and the inherent controversial nature of the programming that no doubt many station executives were against to begin with, that it's simply not worth the hassle.

I will admit that Strikeforce and CBS would have been better off airing Fedor vs Fabricio Werdum supported by virtually any warm body off the M-1 bench vs Dan Henderson than the card they aired, from a purely cynical ratings perspective.

As Meltzer shows above, Fedor proved last year against Brett Rogers that he is a serious draw with U.S. fans. He drew much stronger numbers than Dan Henderson achieved last Saturday and more importantly the numbers went up dramatically when Fedor was on screen.

The tragedy of M-1's hold out was that Fedor was primed for a break out performance on the heels of his dramatic KO win over Brett Rogers. Now I doubt that he'll have a second bite at the U.S. network television apple. Whatever M-1 Global is doing, they are NOT looking out for what's best for Fedor's career. Had he posted even better numbers and more media attention for his second CBS fight, he'd have been a star in the biggest sports market in the world. Now he'll be a might have been.

As a hardcore fan, I loved the show, but it was clearly a business disaster that might have cost Strikeforce the CBS relationship. With just Showtime, frankly they can't afford Fedor. But since M-1 is under contract with Strikeforce, expect it to take quite a bit of untangling to work out. I don't expect to see Fedor fight in the U.S. in 2010.

If I'm right, that leaves a New Year's Eve fight against Josh Barnett or Alistair Overeem in Japan the best possibility for fans to see the greatest martial artist in the sport's young history fight this year.

Dana White has been very open about his desire to see Fedor in the Octagon, but that will require untangling the Gordian knot of demands made by Vadim and company.

The reality is this, Fedor is 33 years old in a sport that is infamously hard on aging athletes. His biggest rivals from the PRIDE era -- Mirko "Cro Cop" Filipovic and Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira -- have seen mixed success at best against the current crop of UFC heavyweights.

Fedor has had much better luck recently, notching spectacular wins over two former UFC champs in Tim Sylvia and Andrei Arlovski as well as a KO finish of Strikeforce's top contender Brett Rogers. But the string of unlikely business deals that brought those fights to fruition appears to have run out.

Sad as it is to say, I'm putting Fedor in the history books and giving up on my hopes for one final run of glory and heroics.

i was reading on yahoo theres no problem.. they are waiting on the green light as a matter of fact fedor is to fight werdum on june 26... just waiting for the signing
I don't think they were talking about Fabricio "I just blasted by JDS in the first round and cut from the UFC" Werdum when they were talking about top competition.

The Fedor era is not over and Fedor is still fighting top competition. The only reason people say he does not fight top competition is because he is not in the UFC. Everybody wants to see all of these epic fights that could happen and now when it seems it wont ever happen, people go crybaby about it.

How is Brock top comp?

How is Mir top comp?

How is Velasquez top comp?

How is Carwin top comp?

But

Rogers

Ovoreem

Arlovski

Sylvia

Werdum

are not?

This is just a case of people getting branded. If the UFC is not part of it then gee it must be subpar. If the UFC and SF switched their HW rosters, the same thing would still be happening. Everyone would still say that the top comp is in the UFC.

The Fedor era is not over and Fedor is still fighting top competition. The only reason people say he does not fight top competition is because he is not in the UFC. Everybody wants to see all of these epic fights that could happen and now when it seems it wont ever happen' date=' people go crybaby about it.

How is Brock top comp?

How is Mir top comp?

How is Carwin top comp?

But

Rogers

Ovoreem

Arlovski

Sylvia

Werdum

are not?

This is just a case of people getting branded. If the UFC is not part of it then gee it must be subpar. If the UFC and SF switched their HW rosters, the same thing would still be happening. Everyone would still say that the top comp is in the UFC.[/quote']

Back in the day when Arolski and Sylvia were the UFC HW roster it was pretty much a given that the top HW's of the time were in Pride. Fedor, Crop Cop, Big Nog,Randleman etc.

Now though, the best young HWs are in the UFC.

Back in the day when Arolski and Sylvia were the UFC HW roster it was pretty much a given that the top HW's of the time were in Pride. Fedor' date=' Crop Cop, Big Nog,Randleman etc.

Now though, the best [i']young[/i] HWs are in the UFC.

When Fedor fought them they were top 10 comp is what im saying. What im saying is the UFC does not own all the best HW's, which means there are fights outside of the UFC that are good fights for Fedor. People just dont want to buy another ppv to see fedor fight, that and their completely obsessed with the UFC.

The Fedor era is not over and Fedor is still fighting top competition. The only reason people say he does not fight top competition is because he is not in the UFC. Everybody wants to see all of these epic fights that could happen and now when it seems it wont ever happen' date=' people go crybaby about it.

How is Brock top comp?

How is Mir top comp?

How is Carwin top comp?

But

Rogers

Ovoreem

Arlovski

Sylvia

Werdum

are not?

This is just a case of people getting branded. If the UFC is not part of it then gee it must be subpar. If the UFC and SF switched their HW rosters, the same thing would still be happening. Everyone would still say that the top comp is in the UFC.[/quote']Actually I misquoted the article. The article said Fedor will never face "the best" again. and clearly he hasn't faced the best since 2005.

bad news lol

fail at business by his management.....

fail at fedor for having them as his management....

imagine if fedor had a good manager, not a company that pushed other bad fighters under fedors name

i would love to see fedor dump his management, and go to the ufc out of the blue...

m1 and strikeforce would fold in a matter of months, and all the strikeforce roster would follow fedor to the ufc

People are discounting Werdum because he lost to JDS. They praise JDS as the next big threat at heavyweight yet discredit someone for losing to him? How does that make sense? Troll threads are getting increasingly funny. I wouldn't be surprised if someone makes a thread about how Carwin is not undefeated, he just had 12 flukes in a row.

People are discounting Werdum because he lost to JDS. They praise JDS as the next big threat at heavyweight yet discredit someone for losing to him? How does that make sense? Troll threads are getting increasingly funny. I wouldn't be surprised if someone makes a thread about how Carwin is not undefeated' date=' he just had 12 flukes in a row.[/quote']How is an article written by Bloody Elbow a troll thread you tool?

Fedor ****s think anything that questions their hero is a troll thread. Laughable.

BTW Ofcourse people are going to give credit to JDS for KTFO'ing Werdum in one round.

Nobody said Werdum was a bad fighter but he's a far cry from the best.

How is Brock top comp?

How is Mir top comp?

How is Carwin top comp?

But

Rogers

Ovoreem

Arlovski

Sylvia

Werdum

are not?

This is just a case of people getting branded. If the UFC is not part of it then gee it must be subpar. If the UFC and SF switched their HW rosters, the same thing would still be happening. Everyone would still say that the top comp is in the UFC.[/quote']

This time last year I may have agreed with your post, but no longer. Arlovski has not proven that he is anything more then a mid tier HW in any organization, which hurts me to say because he used to be my fav. Sylvia is a JOKE now, f-in dude got KTFO by Ray Mercer. I will go to my grave saying Overeem is overrated, his biggest fights have been against LHWs, the majority of which he lost, and he is only fighting blips in Japan ATM. Rogers seems dangerous and Werdum is inconsitent.... these guys are NOT top flight competition. I think Mir could wreck any of these guys listed above, and hes maybe the 5 guy in the UFC right now.

Brock and Mir may not be "top competition" in the fullest sense of the phrase so I will give you that.

But Valsquez is undefeated and just ktfo a legend in Big Nog, who is notorious for being "unfinishable"

Carwin is 12-0 with 12 first round knockouts... uh.. yeah your right thats not top comp :rolleyes:

JDS has only lost once, and is wrecking anyone he faces, which includes some big names in the sport..

Truth is.. the UFC's top 5 HWs > then the entire SF HW division

That's how most veterans get released from the UFC. If the UFC wanted him they'd have him' date=' but they just weren't that interested.[/quote']

Disagree, Werdums mma credentials are off the chart, his 3 round war w/ prime-Nog could have went either way, he's primarily a ground-fighter but still tko'd a prime-Gonzaga twice ...

The noobs here are judging him from the Cigano match where he got caught early by an uppercut & follow-up left behind the head ... shiat happens, > look at mir vs lesnar #1 ... Werdum is a 6'4"/ 245lb bjj-machine & he can pose a credible threat to Emelianenko on the ground .

246jdoj.jpg

Disagree' date=' Werdums mma credentials are off the chart, his 3 round war w/ prime-Nog could have went either way, he's primarily a ground-fighter but still tko'd a prime-Gonzaga twice ...

The noobs here are judging him from the Cigano match where he got caught early by an uppercut & follow-up left behind the head ... shiat happens, > look at mir vs lesnar #1 ... Werdum is a 6'4"/ 245lb bjj-machine & he can pose a credible threat to Emelianenko on the ground .

[img']http://i38.tinypic.com/246jdoj.jpg[/img]

I agree that he is dangerous, and is serious competition, but he is inconsistent. Which doesnt knock him that much because the same can be said about Bj.

But to have mma credentials "off the chart" I think he has to beat the guys he should be beating, like Arlovski or Kharitonov

Disagree' date=' Werdums mma credentials are off the chart, his 3 round war w/ prime-Nog could have went either way, he's primarily a ground-fighter but still tko'd a prime-Gonzaga twice ...

The noobs here are judging him from the Cigano match where he got caught early by an uppercut & follow-up left behind the head ... shiat happens, > look at mir vs lesnar #1 ... Werdum is a 6'4"/ 245lb bjj-machine & he can pose a credible threat to Emelianenko [b']on the ground .[/b]

246jdoj.jpg

That's about the only place, and we all know Fedor doesn't like the ground lately :D

[img']http://i38.tinypic.com/246jdoj.jpg[/img]

If Werdum was that hot of a commodity than Dana would have had him. He just got blasted out of the sky easily by what's considered top talent today JDS.

Nobody is going to sub Fedor, Werdum's no threat to Fedor at all and his style plays right into Fedor's making it an extremely safe fight for him and boring for the fans.

If Werdum was that hot of a commodity than Dana would have had him. He just got blasted out of the sky easily by what's considered top talent today JDS.

Nobody is going to sub Fedor' date=' Werdum's no threat to Fedor at all and his style plays right into Fedor's making it an extremely safe fight for him and boring for the fans.[/quote']

... your trying to predict way over your head, mma insiders think Werdum has a legit shot,

maybe you should stick to Brockelating ?

I agree that he is dangerous' date=' and is serious competition, but he is inconsistent. Which doesnt knock him that much because the same can be said about Bj.

But to have mma credentials "off the chart" I think he has to beat the guys he should be beating, like Arlovski or Kharitonov[/quote']

... perhaps I should have clarified "credentials" >

Werdum :

Grappling credentials

ADCC World Submission Wrestling Championships

ADCC 2009 99 kg+: 1st place

ADCC 2007 99 kg+: 1st place

ADCC 2005 99 kg+: 3rd place

ADCC 2003 Absolute: 3rd place 99 kg+: 2nd place

Record of opponents:

Won: Dennis Roberts (pts), Daniel Gracie (pts), Marcio Corletta (pts), Reese Andy (pts), Tsuyoshi Kosaka (pts), Jehad A Hamdan (pts), Mike Van Arsdale (pts), Matt Lindland (armbar), Akira Shoji (pts), Marcio 'Pe De Pano' Cruz (pts), Elvis Sinosic (sub), Karol Bedorf (sub), Darren Andy (sub), Rolles Gracie (4-0, two takedowns), Mario Rinaldi (sub), Rogent Llorent (pts), Saulo Ribeiro (pts), Robert Abreu (pts)

Lost: Jeff Monson (pts), Roger Gracie (sub), Marcio 'Pe De Pano' Cruz (pts), Alexandre Ferreira 'Cacareco' (pts), Andr? Galv?o (pts)

CBJJ World Championships

2004 Black Belt Pesadissimo: 1st Place

2003 Black Belt Super-Pesado: 1st Place Black Belt Absolute: =3rd Place

2002 Brown Belt Super-Pesado: 3rd Place

2001 Purple Belt Absolute: 2nd Place

2000 Blue Belt Super-Pesado: 1st Place Blue Belt Absolute: 1st Place

CBJJ Pan American Championships

2003 Black Belt Super Super Heavy: =3rd Place Black Belt Absolute: 2nd Place

2002 Brown Belt Super-Pesado: 1st Place

2001 Purple Belt Super-Pesado: 1st Place Purple Belt Absolute: 1st Place

CBJJO BJJ World Cup

2004 Black Belt Pesadissimo: 2nd Place Black Belt Absolute: =3rd Place

2003 Black Belt Belt Pesadissimo: 2nd Place

... your trying to predict way over your head' date=' mma insiders think Werdum has a legit shot,

maybe you should stick to Brockelating ?[/quote']Who are these MMA insiders you speak of?

What does it take to become one of these MMA insiders? Where are their credentials?

In the world I live in, the real one, nobody wants to see Fedor fight Werdum because Werdums's style plays right into Fedor's and is an easy win for him - thus the scores of people complaining that this fight is even being made, even among Fedor fans.

Who are these MMA insiders you speak of?

What does it take to become one of these MMA insiders? Where are their credentials?

In the world I live in' date=' the real one, nobody wants to see Fedor fight Werdum because Werdums's style plays right into Fedor's and is an easy win for him - thus the scores of people complaining that this fight is even being made, even among Fedor fans.[/quote']

.... if you stand w/ fedor, you're playing his present-game .. to beat him > you gotta grab a limb, or be more active to grind-out a UD, common knowledge > common sense

.... if you stand w/ fedor' date=' you're playing his present-game .. to beat him > you gotta grab a limb, or be more active to grind-out a UD, common knowledge > common sense[/quote']Fedor's weakness is his wrestling. A big wrestler who can smother him would be his undoing. Also, Everyone's weakness is getting knocked out.

Fedor has never come close to being subbed, but he has been outwrestled and he has come close to being knocked out. Nobody is going to sub Fedor. That's like saying Nog's biggest chance of losing is being subbed when his submission offense and defense are among the best in MMA.

... perhaps I should have clarified "credentials" >

Werdum :

Grappling credentials

ADCC World Submission Wrestling Championships

ADCC 2009 99 kg+: 1st place

ADCC 2007 99 kg+: 1st place

ADCC 2005 99 kg+: 3rd place

ADCC 2003 Absolute: 3rd place 99 kg+: 2nd place

Record of opponents:

Won: Dennis Roberts (pts)' date=' Daniel Gracie (pts), Marcio Corletta (pts), Reese Andy (pts), Tsuyoshi Kosaka (pts), Jehad A Hamdan (pts), Mike Van Arsdale (pts), Matt Lindland (armbar), Akira Shoji (pts), Marcio 'Pe De Pano' Cruz (pts), Elvis Sinosic (sub), Karol Bedorf (sub), Darren Andy (sub), Rolles Gracie (4-0, two takedowns), Mario Rinaldi (sub), Rogent Llorent (pts), Saulo Ribeiro (pts), Robert Abreu (pts)

Lost: Jeff Monson (pts), Roger Gracie (sub), Marcio 'Pe De Pano' Cruz (pts), Alexandre Ferreira 'Cacareco' (pts), Andr? Galv?o (pts)

CBJJ World Championships

2004 Black Belt Pesadissimo: 1st Place

2003 Black Belt Super-Pesado: 1st Place Black Belt Absolute: =3rd Place

2002 Brown Belt Super-Pesado: 3rd Place

2001 Purple Belt Absolute: 2nd Place

2000 Blue Belt Super-Pesado: 1st Place Blue Belt Absolute: 1st Place

CBJJ Pan American Championships

2003 Black Belt Super Super Heavy: =3rd Place Black Belt Absolute: 2nd Place

2002 Brown Belt Super-Pesado: 1st Place

2001 Purple Belt Super-Pesado: 1st Place Purple Belt Absolute: 1st Place

CBJJO BJJ World Cup

2004 Black Belt Pesadissimo: 2nd Place Black Belt Absolute: =3rd Place

2003 Black Belt Belt Pesadissimo: 2nd Place[/quote']

So you didnt mean MMA credentials, you meant Brazilian Jui-Juitsu credentials

Also, now I could be wrong so if I am please tell me, but arent the Mundials like the biggest BJJ tournament in the world? I dont mean that to knock Werdum at all, just curious if it is or not. I'm sure he grappled with the same guys anyways.

Fedor's weakness is his wrestling. A big wrestler who can smother him would be his undoing. Also' date=' Everyone's weakness is getting knocked out.

Fedor has never come close to being subbed, but he has been outwrestled and he has come close to being knocked out. Nobody is going to sub Fedor. That's like saying Nog's biggest chance of losing is being subbed when his submission offense and defense are among the best in MMA.[/quote']

I didn't say werdum would do it, but he certainly has the bjj & creds, > I'm guessing, but after

tko'ing gonzaga twice, then vera, & I'm sure you saw the silva fight (all s/u) ... he wants to stand for some strategic reason, ... I'm sure fedor has seen the dos santos vid, so fabby better bring it to the mat fast ...

So you didnt mean MMA credentials' date=' you meant Brazilian Jui-Juitsu credentials

Also, now I could be wrong so if I am please tell me, but arent the Mundials like the biggest BJJ tournament in the world? I dont mean that to knock Werdum at all, just curious if it is or not. I'm sure he grappled with the same guys anyways.[/quote']

yes, its the World Jiu-Jitsu Championships & playground of the Gracies (Kyra too),

Jacare, BJ Penn, Gonzaga, Werdum etc.

Nice' date=' I can't tell by the stats you listed, but did Werdum ever place in the Mundials?[/quote']

WIKI-ALERT, BUT THIS INFO LOOKS LEGIT >

Super Super Heavy (Pesadissimo)

(division renamed Ultra Heavyweight in 2009)

1996: Mario Sperry

1997: Luiz Guilherme

1998: Andre Mendes

1999: Roberto Traven

2000: Leonardo Leite

2001: Marcio Corleta

2002: Marcio Cruz

2003: Fabricio Werdum

2004: Fabricio Werdum (2)

2005: Francisco Fernandes

2006: Gabriel Gonzaga

2007: Rafael Lovato Jr.

2008: Antonio Braga Neto

2009: Gabriel Vella

WIKI-ALERT' date=' BUT THIS INFO LOOKS LEGIT >[/b']

Super Super Heavy (Pesadissimo)

(division renamed Ultra Heavyweight in 2009)

1996: Mario Sperry

1997: Luiz Guilherme

1998: Andre Mendes

1999: Roberto Traven

2000: Leonardo Leite

2001: Marcio Corleta

2002: Marcio Cruz

2003: Fabricio Werdum

2004: Fabricio Werdum (2)

2005: Francisco Fernandes

2006: Gabriel Gonzaga

2007: Rafael Lovato Jr.

2008: Antonio Braga Neto

2009: Gabriel Vella

Wow thats awesome. Placing 2 years in a row is no joke. Props to Werdum for sure. Thanks for the info:o

I didn't say werdum would do it' date=' but he certainly has the bjj & creds, > I'm guessing, but after

tko'ing gonzaga twice, then vera, & I'm sure you saw the silva fight (all s/u) ... he wants to stand for some strategic reason, ... I'm sure fedor has seen the dos santos vid, so fabby better bring it to the mat fast ...[/quote']

Was Maia really a threat to Silva?

A one dimensional fighter is not going to beat Fedor and you know it. Stop trying to pass him off as top flight competition to excuse Fedor's management team for picking him as the next guy to pad Fedor's record with.

This time last year I may have agreed with your post' date=' but no longer. Arlovski has not proven that he is anything more then a mid tier HW in any organization, which hurts me to say because he used to be my fav. Sylvia is a JOKE now, f-in dude got KTFO by Ray Mercer. I will go to my grave saying Overeem is overrated, his biggest fights have been against LHWs, the majority of which he lost, and he is only fighting blips in Japan ATM. Rogers seems dangerous and Werdum is inconsitent.... these guys are NOT top flight competition. I think Mir could wreck any of these guys listed above, and hes maybe the 5 guy in the UFC right now.

Brock and Mir may not be "top competition" in the fullest sense of the phrase so I will give you that.

But Valsquez is undefeated and just ktfo a legend in Big Nog, who is notorious for being "unfinishable"

Carwin is 12-0 with 12 first round knockouts... uh.. yeah your right thats not top comp :rolleyes:

JDS has only lost once, and is wrecking anyone he faces, which includes some big names in the sport..

Truth is.. the UFC's top 5 HWs > then the entire SF HW division[/quote']

When Fedor fought Arlovski and Sylvia they were top ten comp. They may not be anymore, but neither is a lot of great fighters, like Chuck Liddell. Mir would not beat Rogers or Werdum, of course who knows. Even if Mir did beat them, it would not make them bad fighters.

Velasquez knocking out Nog is not that impressive, if he did it say 3-5 years ago it would have. Nog is not the same, his chin is gone and he is going out of his prime.

I like Carwin and he is very good, one of my favorite HW, same with JDS.

Carwin would not be able to win against Fedor standing up. Same with JDS. They definetly have the best chance winning against Fedor standing up though.

Carwin and JDS are legit top comp, Ill give you that.

Also when I said Carwin is not top comp, I meant how is Rogers not top comp when Carwin is?

Was Maia really a threat to Silva?

A one dimensional fighter is not going to beat Fedor and you know it. Stop trying to pass him off as top flight competition to excuse Fedor's management team for picking him as the next guy to pad Fedor's record with.

you're calling werdum one-dimensional & trying to discredit him' date=' .. sober up & do some research :

Record 13 - 4 - 1 (Win - Loss - Draw)

[b']Wins :[/b]

4 (T)KOs ( 30.77 %) gonzaga twice, vera

7 Submissions ( 53.85 %) overeem, a.emelianenko

2 Decisions ( 15.38 %)

Losses

1 (T)KOs ( 25 %) < tko'd once by an early uppercut & shot behind the head

3 Decisions ( 75 %) prime-nogueira, arlovski, kharitonov

246jdoj.jpg

Maybe flabor isn't afraid to fight anyone, maybe he and his management are just playing hard to get in order to negotiate the most $$$ they can get per fight.

Lesnar will destroy him none-the-less.

Lesnar should offer flabor and his management a winner take all fight... that would call them out for sure.

Archived