Darth Bader vs Bones Jones

CanBlackBelt

Bader has a higher pedigree in wrestling and I think if it were to be straight grappling he would have the edge. But Jones is the better striker and his clinch transitioning to throws are becoming pretty slick, and thats what he would need to do to get bader to the ground. If he were to have success with that then he would have the GnP advantage as well...I could see a JJ victory.

i say Jones will take it...he can outstrike Bader...and I think he will be able to put Bader on his back if he wants as well...

Bader may be a better technical wrestler but I think Jones' athleticism and tosses can win the wrestling battle...

Bader was an All-American though, and we really haven't seen him against a really good wrestler yet... Put him in against Couture or Rashad--well, he might KO Rashad.

Bader was an All-American though' date=' and we really haven't seen him against a really good wrestler yet... Put him in against Couture or Rashad--well, he might KO Rashad.[/quote']

Jones was a JUCO national champ wrestler...the same as Rashad. The only difference is Rashad went on to wrestle at Michigan State whereas Jones went to Iowa state following JUCO but didnt end up wrestling. Same basic wrestling pedigree between Jones and Evans. Rashad had a few tough breaks at NCAA nationals that kept him from becoming all american. His SR year he wrestled with the flu and lost in the all american rounds.

a guy commented on another thread like this saying that he thought bader was pretty average and i have to agree with him. jardine was doing pretty well against him until his chin gave up....again.

I think this would probably go to jones who i see making some waves in the division (yes im on the bandwagon).

I dont think bader will ever get out of the middle order, though im up for being proved wrong.

If this was to happen it wouldn't be for a while. The UFC is trying to build up Bader and Jones so why slow the process down for one of them by making them face eachother? But if this were to go down Jones would win, doesnt matter if they fought today, a year or 5 years from now.

a guy commented on another thread like this saying that he thought bader was pretty average and i have to agree with him. jardine was doing pretty well against him until his chin gave up....again.

I think this would probably go to jones who i see making some waves in the division (yes im on the bandwagon).

I dont think bader will ever get out of the middle order' date=' though im up for being proved wrong.[/quote']

Totally agree. Especially with the bandwagon part... Jones is only 21....... 21..... (Maybe he's 22...... But last checked he was still only 21........) Jones is an animal for his age... And he hasn't even hit his prime yet.

Bader was an All-American though' date=' and we really haven't seen him against a really good wrestler yet... Put him in against Couture or Rashad--well, he might KO Rashad.[/quote']

Jake O'brien, Hammill, and Vera all are pretty good wrestlers....Couture had a helluva time trying to bring Vera down...

i don't think Jones can straight 'outwrestle' Bader, but with Jones' tosses and clinch work he will put Bader on his back if he wants...

Archived