I'm not impressed with Shogun

EmperorFedor

Shogun comes to the UFC and gets choked out by Forrest Griffin then beats two old fighters out of their prime. He looked horrible fighting coleman and barely won. Now he's 2-1, he gets a title after beating two old men then expects to win the title via leg kicks through 5 rounds? I'm not impressed with his performance. Shogun Rua is 2-2 in the UFC, he doesn't deserve the title rematch. Rua is going to cry like a girl after Machida beats him again, but don't worry Grandpa Machida will comfort Rua by saying "You can't exploit Machida Karate twice!".

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shogun comes to the UFC and gets choked out by Forrest Griffin then beats two old fighters out of their prime. He looked horrible fighting coleman and barely won. Now he's 2-1' date=' he gets a title after beating two old men then expects to win the title via leg kicks through 5 rounds? I'm not impressed with his performance. Shogun Rua is 2-2 in the UFC, he doesn't deserve the title rematch. Rua is going to cry like a girl after Machida beats him again, but don't worry Grandpa Machida will comfort Rua by saying "You can't exploit Machida Karate twice!".[/quote']

Im not impressed with you.....

Anderson Silva and Machida are training partners. Anderson went to beyond his weight class to fight at 205ib to make a statement by humiliating Forrest Griffin who beat Shogun via RDC.

Anderson Silva made Forrest look like a amateur mma fighter..

There you have it:

Anderson Silva > Forrest Griffin

Forrest Griffin > Rampage

Forrest Griffin > Shogun

Rashad Evans > Forrest Griffin

Loyoto > Rashad Evans

Loyoto > Shogun

Loyoto is the best LHW in the world and will reign for a long time to come!!

I havent been impressed with any of the pride "stars" that have moved over. It looks like the yakuza were fixing most of his "fights" over there. He's gonna have another loss to Machida soon but it wont matter to his ****s. He didnt deserve the first shot and after losing sure as hell didnt deserve an immediate rematch.

Anderson Silva and Machida are training partners. Anderson went to beyond his weight class to fight at 205ib to make a statement by humiliating Forrest Griffin who beat Shogun via RDC.

There you have it:

Forrest Griffin > Shogun

Loyoto > Rashad Evans

Loyoto > Shogun

mma math doesnt work ... but i wil give you credit for your fanboy statements

There you have it:

Forrest Griffin > Shogun

Loyoto > Rashad Evans

Loyoto > Shogun

silva at his natural weight would be a heavyweight, so he hasnt fought above his weight class at all. in fact by cutting to 185 he gives himself a size advantage, which is why his striking has so much ko power. at 205 he would have a harder time knocking guys out

Well who do you think should get the shot then? Rampage? He was beat by Forrest. Rashad? Lyoto JUST beat rashad before Shogun. Jon Jones and Ryan Bader are too raw for a title shot at this point. Shogun deserved his shot in my opinion and he deserves a re match since he was robbed anyway.

silva at his natural weight would be a heavyweight' date=' so he hasnt fought above his weight class at all. in fact by cutting to 185 he gives himself a size advantage, which is why his striking has so much ko power. at 205 he would have a harder time knocking guys out[/quote']

Haha ask irvin and griffin if silva is lacking power at lhw

Well who do you think should get the shot then? Rampage? He was beat by Forrest. Rashad? Lyoto JUST beat rashad before Shogun. Jon Jones and Ryan Bader are too raw for a title shot at this point. Shogun deserved his shot in my opinion and he deserves a re match since he was robbed anyway.

chances are that the winner of rashad & rampage will get next title shot .. unless we get another close decision this time going to shogun .. be prime UFC material to put on a Shogun vs. Machida III with each guy having a decisoin win over each other ..

for those who think machida has always been untouchable i suggest you go back and watch early fights ...

a good one is Vernon White vs. Machida .. or penn

shogun for the win !!

i'm not even a fan of shogun but i have to say shogun was really good against machida and should have earn at least a draw,and again when he fought Forrest he was out of shape and got serious ring rust and same with coleman and chuck may be past his prime but is still top10 LHW and there was no one else to fight machida.There's a history about when you win chuck you get lots of praises and reputation,yes i know he's old but still.Shogun also have a history being the dominant alpha male at LHW and still very yong and last at full health and by the way i'm machida fan but still think the rematch between these two will be epic batlle and shogun will show he's in the right place still IF(big if)he loses i know a great warrior even if i don't like him

Shogun comes to the UFC and gets choked out by Forrest Griffin then beats two old fighters out of their prime. He looked horrible fighting coleman and barely won. Now he's 2-1' date=' he gets a title after beating two old men then expects to win the title via leg kicks through 5 rounds? I'm not impressed with his performance. Shogun Rua is 2-2 in the UFC, he doesn't deserve the title rematch. Rua is going to cry like a girl after Machida beats him again, but don't worry Grandpa Machida will comfort Rua by saying "You can't exploit Machida Karate twice!".[/quote']

So who do you think gave Machida (the LHW champ) more trouble so far ? Who actually hit Machida more often ? Who made Machida loose rounds for first time ? Who ???? SHOGUN RUA ... i agree with you on his previous performances but come on sometimes in life we do deserve credits for our past as well .. dont you think man ???

i'm not even a fan of shogun but i have to say shogun was really good against machida and should have earn at least a draw' date='and again when he fought Forrest he was out of shape and got serious ring rust and same with coleman and chuck may be past his prime but is still top10 LHW and there was no one else to fight machida.There's a history about when you win chuck you get lots of praises and reputation,yes i know he's old but still.Shogun also have a history being the dominant alpha male at LHW and still very yong and last at full health and by the way i'm machida fan but still think the rematch between these two will be epic batlle and shogun will show he's in the right place still IF(big if)he loses i know a great warrior even if i don't like him[/quote']

Agree man .. of course Shogun wasnt impressing that much but he is the guy who really puts Machida in some trouble ? tell me who else on LHW would fight Machida the way he Shogun did ?? Rampage LOL ?? Griffin LOL ??? Rashad LMAO ??? who else besides Shogun ?? Even if Shogun looses this next fight i still cant see NOBODY ON LHW giving any challenge to Machida for now .. SHOGUN ALL THE WAY

Agree man .. of course Shogun wasnt impressing that much but he is the guy who really puts Machida in some trouble ? tell me who else on LHW would fight Machida the way he Shogun did ?? Rampage LOL ?? Griffin LOL ??? Rashad LMAO ??? who else besides Shogun ?? Even if Shogun looses this next fight i still cant see NOBODY ON LHW giving any challenge to Machida for now .. SHOGUN ALL THE WAY

As long as you admit Machida is the best, then you're right.

There you have it:

Forrest Griffin > Shogun

Loyoto > Rashad Evans

Loyoto > Shogun

No No No lol it doesn't work like that lol styles make fights and everyy fighter there has a different style example:

Anderson beat Griffin with ease but Rampage would easly KO Silva should he hook him yet Griffin beat Rampage.. you see my point right?

I almost hope Shogun would win Machida at least then we would see some marketable fights but on the otherhand not very competive matches,Shogun Via ULTIMATE DESTRUCTION

No No No lol it doesn't work like that lol styles make fights and everyy fighter there has a different style example:

Anderson beat Griffin with ease but Rampage would easly KO Silva should he hook him yet Griffin beat Rampage.. you see my point right?

This is so fu**ing stupid evry1 who knows anything about fighting knows that Anderson Silva is too fast for Page... Of course Page has a chance but saying that he would easily KO Silva is complete bs even considering Silva as a underdog against Page is very questionable.

There you have it:

Forrest Griffin > Shogun

Loyoto > Rashad Evans

Loyoto > Shogun

FAIL AT MMA MATH .... if your going to do it it needs to flow from one fighter to the next...

you sir troll should crawl back under the bridge and leave the fourm trolling to the professionals

Because you say so?

There's actually a large amount of people who do indeed believe that Machida did enough to win.

if it was a streetfight, shogun won based purely on the damage he did. stopping all those takedowns was what got him the decision. i dont even know why shogun tried to take him down

Thank you! +1

if it was a streetfight' date=' shogun won based purely on the damage he did. stopping all those takedowns was what got him the decision. i dont even know why shogun tried to take him down[/quote']

You just compared MMA to a street fight.

No, just no.

lol so what you're saying is that world great machida struggled to narrowly beat an average fighter? you see when you make a statement like this about a fighter it automatically takes away a lot from machida's win.

if it was a streetfight' date=' shogun won based purely on the damage he did. stopping all those takedowns was what got him the decision. i dont even know why shogun tried to take him down[/quote']

lol dont even compare it to a street fight, so many aspects of mma wouldnt work. example...you get my back in a street fight and use both your arms to choke me..well i'm either going to bite a chunk out your forearm or reach my arms up and stick my thumbs through your eyeballs....mma is a sport so just treat it as a sport

lol dont even compare it to a street fight' date=' so many aspects of mma wouldnt work. example...you get my back in a street fight and use both your arms to choke me..well i'm either going to bite a chunk out your forearm or reach my arms up and stick my thumbs through your eyeballs....mma is a sport so just treat it as a sport[/quote']

bad comparison maybe. what i was trying to say was shogun beat him up

silva at his natural weight would be a heavyweight' date=' so he hasnt fought above his weight class at all. in fact by cutting to 185 he gives himself a size advantage, which is why his striking has so much ko power. at [b']205 he would have a harder time knocking guys out[/b]

he's has done well so far in that department...

Well he had to be helped out of the ring. He had broken ribs and his face was cut. I would say he was beat up

he probably needed help cos the belt he was carrying was a bit heavy lol. In my eyes shogun won....but narrowly. To be honest if they'd scored it a draw i wouldnt have been surprised. Not beat up though....look at ken after his first fight with tito...now thats beat up lol

i didnt think he deserved a title shot either

but then again his pride background was a major factor

he gave machida a hard time nd machida was busted up abit after the fight too

cant see him winning the title tho

Because you say so?

There's actually a large amount of people who do indeed believe that Machida did enough to win.

But a much larger group supported with pro fighters and MMA sites bealive that Shogun won the fight and that is good enough for me.

Look I am not trying to be all knowing here and bash someone who doesnt agree with me. I am always trying to look at things objectivly but no matter how hard I try I cant take a person seriously when they say that they really think that Machida won the first fight.

I have seen a lot of close fights but this fight was a perfect example of bad judging. Hell I even think that BJ Penn vs Edgar was a closer fight than Rua vs Machida. I do agree with Frankie winning against BJ but so should Shogun against Machida.

Archived