bj and frankie

ViciousLeone

ok first off i dont want this turning into a hate thread if you dont like it dont respond

just wanted to know everyones oppinion on the rematch with bj and frankie?

my oppinion is that bj will come back and regain his belt

what do you all think?

not sure. depends on bj's strategy. if he takes the centre of the octogon and boxes flat-footed looking for power shots, same result. if he takes it to the ground it makes it much more interesting. bj has better bjj but edgar is the stronger wrestler. edgar may be able to stop any takedown attempts, which means he would have to pull guard, and i dont think edgar would be adverse to top position

not sure. depends on bj's strategy. if he takes the centre of the octogon and boxes flat-footed looking for power shots' date=' same result. if he takes it to the ground it makes it much more interesting. bj has better bjj but edgar is the stronger wrestler. edgar may be able to stop any takedown attempts, which means he would have to pull guard, and i dont think edgar would be adverse to top position[/quote']

Bj needs to take the fight to the ground and make it a jiu jitsu match. If the fight stays standing Frankie Edgar will still be the Champ.

It depends on Frankie's desire. He is probably going to be over-whelmed with the new popularity which would interfere with his training (cough machida cough)

hopefully not ya know for the sake of a good fight. i like edgar and thought he faught an excelent fight against bj but i just think its gonna be like gsp after losing the belt he came back and dominated and i believe that bj will do the same

Bj needs to take the fight to the ground and make it a jiu jitsu match. If the fight stays standing Frankie Edgar will still be the Champ.

So hard not to make this into a RAGE THREAD. But I do think if BJ adds a bit more hop in his step he could easily win standing.. We all watched him Pick apart Sherk, Joe Daddy, Diego, and Florian with relative ease, pretty fair to say he can win this standing. I think edgar might be thinking ( he is going to try to take me down this time ), and could not be as ready for BJ to come out and strike with him.

Hardy is perfect proof tho, no matter how hard you train for something ( takedown defense ), sometimes there is just nothing you can do against a supperior wrestler. Now dont get me wrong But frankie was not even an all american ( still a great wrestler but just saying ). I think if BJ acts like he is going to stand a bit he might be able to get a takedown, and we all know what happens when BJ gets on top.

Overall BJ by RNC ( as per usual )

So hard not to make this into a RAGE THREAD. But I do think if BJ adds a bit more hop in his step he could easily win standing.. We all watched him Pick apart Sherk' date=' Joe Daddy, Diego, and Florian with relative ease, pretty fair to say he can win this standing. I think edgar might be thinking ( he is going to try to take me down this time ), and could not be as ready for BJ to come out and strike with him.

Hardy is perfect proof tho, no matter how hard you train for something ( takedown defense ), sometimes there is just nothing you can do against a supperior wrestler. Now dont get me wrong But frankie was not even an all american ( still a great wrestler but just saying ). I think if BJ acts like he is going to stand a bit he might be able to get a takedown, and we all know what happens when BJ gets on top.

Overall BJ by RNC ( as per usual )[/quote']

agreed i think its safe to say that for all of us bj fans im bettin on a more satisfying show from mr baby j this next time around

Archived