GSP: So Long Between Defense?

ShadowOverYou

Just wondering what is up with the UFC given GSP so much time between fights. BJ and Silva Fought at i believe 102, than both again at 112 and now are both slated to fight at 117 and 118 respectivaly.

GSP fought at 100.... 111 and now at this point is probably looking at fighting at 119 or 120.

Most guys are fighting every 7-8 events were as GSP is gettin 10-11 events before his next fights.... They really got to keep the number 1 contender fights going. Seeing a p4p great fighter twice a year is kinda a joke.

He pulled his groin at UFC 100 that is why there was a big delay between 100 and 111. I would bet he gets the winner of Kos/Daley pretty quick.

Yeah but even so that is from 111 to probably 120... I mean which isnt to bad 9 events just lame when he obviously was fine after the fight.

Not trying to turn this into some sort of hate thread by the way, just almost frustrating

Bj fights every every 5 UFC's it seems.....he's a true athlete...

Well Fighters Love to Fight... That is why people are moving up and Down divisions to find fights. Not saying GSP is not athletic.

Just wondering whose end is it on... Is GSP not taken offers at 185? Is the UFC not giving them? Are the UFC waiting on guys at 170.... Or is GSP asking for the time.

Well Fighters Love to Fight... That is why people are moving up and Down divisions to find fights. Not saying GSP is not athletic.

Just wondering whose end is it on... Is GSP not taken offers at 185? Is the UFC not giving them? Are the UFC waiting on guys at 170.... Or is GSP asking for the time.

The UFC offer u fight u accept them or decline them . GSP already fight Matt Hughes for the third time on a 3 week notice . Always depend of the UFC and timing .

ATM who can fight GSP ?

He pulled his groin while humping Alves into submission' date=' except he didn't submit him.[/quote']

Didn't Vasilne Himself this time and Dry humped... Bad decision

LOL no but all jokes aside, this isnt to do with how good of a fighter he is ( as we can discuss this in 100000 other threads ).

Sometimes the champ has to wait for the promotion to find a contender. Right now the UFC is waiting for the winner of Daley/Koscheck. So while GSP hasn't fought since March 27, we have to wait until May 8 before they decide who gets him next, then they will need the standard 4 months or so, so the fight will likely be in September.

Of course, there are also rumours that GSP and the winner of Daley/Koscheck will be coaches for TUF 12, in which case the fight isn't until December. The joys of matchmaking...

Sometimes the champ has to wait for the promotion to find a contender. Right now the UFC is waiting for the winner of Daley/Koscheck. So while GSP hasn't fought since March 27' date=' we have to wait until May 8 before they decide who gets him next, then they will need the standard 4 months or so, so the fight will likely be in September.

Of course, there are also rumours that GSP and the winner of Daley/Koscheck will be coaches for TUF 12, in which case the fight isn't until December. The joys of matchmaking...[/quote']

Yeah that is basically what I'm Saying, im in no way a GSP fan, but i would just assume they would try to put him out there more, I mean 2 fights in a year... ( when he left last fight without a scratch ) is kinda unreal.

Yeah, I wasn't happy about GSP being on TUF, just creates an unnecessarily long delay between fights. I guess my main point was that its a tougher job for the matchmaker when dealing with champions. You can really only match them up with the #1 contender, but you don't always know who that is. Whereas with non-belt holders its easier to pair them up with someone as soon as they are available for a fight as you have more choices for opponents.

Unless we want more Silva/Maia fights we have to wait...sorry guys

Its just cause "people" get all enraged that he "ducks" guys and doesnt defend his title... I mean F uck lets not have him defend against the garbage we have at MW and let him fight someone else at 205.... he has already said he wants to keep doing this... and even a fight at HW...

This is what the fans wanted... anderson silva to FINALLY defend his MW title, I on the other hand was complelty fine with him moving up the 205 ladder. As soon as Machid loses the 205 belft, Anderson is going to want to fight whoever the new champ is...

The whole GRAPPLER vs STRIKER thing is lame when the grappler cant even get near the striker. Anderson was on his hands and knees and Maia stood there? WTF anyway we have all heard those topics already.

MATCHMAKER EXTRODINARE?

is that a lol?

GSP already stated during the prelims of his last fight that he has no intentions of moving up to MW. I would concur with most of you that he is taking so long between fights because the WW division has so many competitors, but none really deserving of a title shot since the No 1 contender status is so vague.

The gap between UFC 100 and UFC111 was an injury.

This next wait which hasn't been and I hope isn't confirmed is due to the stupid reality show.

Once again. UFC Brass, for the love of god do not hold up title defenses for your reality show. Let those not contending for belts be coaches. It is best suited as semi retirement for guys like Liddell, Hughes, Ortiz etc.

Archived