Ufc + wec

CarsonMMA

Okay so people have been talking about WEC and UFC coming together. Like most people i think this would be a bad idea and would most likely lead MMA to the same fate as boxing. Now I personally think that the WEC featherweight devision has some exciting and really great fights, and I feel that this division alone should be put into the UFC. It would allow many in the UFC to drop down from the likes of lightweight or even move up from featherweight. As Dana White says the lighter the fighters are the more fast and exciting the fights usually are.

For one they are not planning on merging the whole WEC and UFC. The WEC has long been talking about forming their flyweight(125lb) weight division. Rumor has it Dana White has said when the flyweight division has been implemented the lightweight division of the WEC will then be merged into the UFC, but only the lightweight division. Personally I feel this is a good idea. I dont find much excitement outside of watching BJ Penn, Diego Sanchez, and Ross Pearson fight. I think fighters like Ben Henderson, Donald Cerrone, and Shane Roller will all give a good flavor to the UFC lightweight division. As far as featherweight being merged, I feel this would cripple the WEC. The featherweight division is by far the most exciting, and Bantamweight would not suffice in keeping the WEC alive until the flyweight division has found it's niche in people's favorites.

I think this would be a great idea the 135 and 145 pound weight classes are not only some of the most exciting weight classes but they have amazing fighters, another plus to this would be that we'd have waay less ****tty cards with the main even being two guys with losses in their records and since there would be two new belts there would be more title fights its a win win situation for the ufc who already has most of the best fighters in the world

he should bring them together, Have the WEC all live events and have UFC fighters on it, have a fight every month like a ufc fight night but have UFC and WEC guys on it. That way people that dont follow MMA as much can see fighters that we know but are not huge fighters yet, then when you do the UFC PPV you have all the great big name fighters on this, and all the people we usually dont know we all know now making the card more appealing and a better seller, I mean who wouldnt want to watch a Card stacked with all the title belts on the line on a PPV, Everytime How bad **** would that be.

But hey they wont do that cause they care more about the money then they do growing the sport and Pleasing us fans.

Okay so people have been talking about WEC and UFC coming together. Like most people i think this would be a bad idea and would most likely lead MMA to the same fate as boxing. Now I personally think that the WEC featherweight devision has some exciting and really great fights' date=' and I feel that this division alone should be put into the UFC. It would allow many in the UFC to drop down from the likes of lightweight or even move up from featherweight. As Dana White says the lighter the fighters are the more fast and exciting the fights usually are.[/quote']

I reckon WEC should be a stepping stone for fighters going to the UFC. So not just lightweight guys, it should be all weight classes and stepping stones to get into title shots in the UFC or into the main card at UFC. It would also meen it would probably, unfortunately, be way more entertaining than the big UFC show because guys are fighting to get into the UFC, but hey. Nothing wrong with that. Dudes trying thier asses off to make the bigs leaguess is ALWAYS the best fights. ALWAYS.

Archived