Jake Shields vs. ?

Sisti

He ought to go for Anderson first' date=' and if he loses, he should go obtain WW Gold, cuz I can easily bet he'd beat GSP.[/quote']

Interesting....right for the belt?

I would love to see it because we've seen 3 years of Anderson and GSP dominating....it's nice to have someone new in the mix

I still think one fight against Baroni to prove himself haha ;)

He ought to go for Anderson first' date=' and if he loses, he should go obtain WW Gold, [b']cuz I can easily bet he'd beat GSP[/b].

very funny... cuz IF, and that's a BIG IF, he would somehow beat GSP. it definitely wouldn't be "easy". and that would make no sense to go from one title shot to the next in a different weight division.

Interesting....right for the belt?

I would love to see it because we've seen 3 years of Anderson and GSP dominating....it's nice to have someone new in the mix

I still think one fight against Baroni to prove himself haha ;)

Maybe Belfort if he wouldn't be granted an instant title shot... Belfort would be toast, sadly.

Giving Shield's an automatic title shot is a mistake and I highly doubt it will happen. For one, it would legitimilize Strikeforce as an honest competitor instead of a "minor leagues" organization. For two, he would likely lose and that would destroy all his momentum. And third, what about the fighters in the UFC who have been winning and are deserving of a shot. Honestly I don't like any of those poll choices. I would like to see him fight Dustin Hazzlett or, if he loses to Koscheck, a rematch with Daly.

very funny... cuz IF' date=' and that's a BIG IF, he would somehow beat GSP. it definitely wouldn't be "easy". and that would make no sense to go from one title shot to the next in a different weight division.[/quote']

Hendo done it, i think, 185 championship, or title eliminator then if he loses go to ww and maybe a few fights then title shot

Giving Shield's an automatic title shot is a mistake and I highly doubt it will happen. For one' date=' it would legitimilize Strikeforce as an honest competitor instead of a "minor leagues" organization. For two, he would likely lose and that would destroy all his momentum. And third, what about the fighters in the UFC who have been winning and are deserving of a shot. Honestly I don't like any of those poll choices. I would like to see him fight Dustin Hazzlett or, if he loses to Koscheck, a rematch with Daly.[/quote']

Ridiculous.

There is nobody left for either GSP or Silva to fight.

Who has been winning? Sonnen?

Give me break.

Ridiculous.

Give me break.

Who just beat the guy that everyone thought would beat Silva, and did so in absolute domination? Sonnen. Not saying he's going to beat Silva, but he was supposed to lose his past 3 fight but won all of them, and people still say he sucks. If he sucks than the beloved Nate Marquardt is the equivalent of a pile of ****.

Is there a source saying that the UFC has officially gotten Sheilds, or was the officially part just BS?

Who just beat the guy that everyone thought would beat Silva' date=' and did so in absolute domination? Sonnen. Not saying he's going to beat Silva, but he was supposed to lose his past 3 fight but won all of them, and people still say he sucks. If he sucks than the beloved Nate Marquardt is the equivalent of a pile of ****.

Is there a source saying that the UFC has officially gotten Sheilds, or was the officially part just BS?[/quote']

Who thought NAte would ever beat Silva.

More stupidity.

Sonnen beat a gut Silva has already DESTROYED.

Big deal.

More stupidity.

Big deal.

And Sonnen tapped to a guy Silva just destroyed too.

Anyway, I think Shields should decide what weight class he wants to go for first then fight someone ranked high in that division before a shot at the title.

More stupidity.

Big deal.

A majority of the people on this forum beleived that Nate would be the only guy at MW to have a chance at beating Silva, then Sonnen crushed him. Stop using MMA math also, it makes you look stupid. By your logic, since Silva lost to Chonan, and Chonan lost to Filho, and Filho lost to Sonnen then Sonnen will beat Silva. You're the stupid one here buddy, I was just pointing out that Sonnen is underrated, not that he would beat Silva. I beleive I said that in the first post.

A majority of the people on this forum beleived that Nate would be the only guy at MW to have a chance at beating Silva' date=' then Sonnen crushed him. Stop using MMA math also, it makes you look stupid. By your logic, since Silva lost to Chonan, and Chonan lost to Filho, and Filho lost to Sonnen then Sonnen will beat Silva. You're the stupid one here buddy, I was just pointing out that Sonnen is underrated, not that he would beat Silva. I beleive I said that in the first post.[/quote']

I don;t think anyone anywhere at any time ever though Nate would beat Silva, buddy.

I want to see him fight at WW, not MW. I don't think he should fight for the title in his first fight out. When he beat Hendo, Hendo had a bad back, was Hendo able to put in 100% effort? Was he at 50% or lower? How badly effected WAS Henderson. I don't think he would have come out against a UFC fighter looking like that.

So we answer the question of where Jake is really at in the division, by putting him against a top contender, Fitch or Koscheck. And then if he wins that, he gets the shot, no question.

Shileds has 30 fights.

More than GSP or Silva.

This is just going from silly to sillier.

Why would DAna pay a guy hundreds of thousands of dollars to join the UFC and then make him fight in a qualifier...

good point. same people that expected Lesnar to work his way up at $400k a pop. I wonder if fedor ever made it to ufc how many fights they expect him to take before championship fight

very funny... cuz IF' date=' and that's a BIG IF, he would somehow beat GSP. it definitely wouldn't be "easy". and that would make no sense to go from one title shot to the next in a different weight division.[/quote']

It could, Dan Henderson did. Nobody is beating GSP @170. But it is a bit fishy that GSP mentioned Shields by name when he was at Abu Dabi and then the UFC gets him a short time later, hmm.

Shileds has 30 fights.

More than GSP or Silva.

This is just going from silly to sillier.

Why would DAna pay a guy hundreds of thousands of dollars to join the UFC and then make him fight in a qualifier...

Kongo signs contracts where he makes "hundreds of thousands of dollars" and he has never sniffed a title. And have the numbers even been released? I'm sure Shield's is making bank, but a bit to premature to use assumed numbers as part of a logical argument.

Ridiculous.

Give me break.

^ Thank you my friend... Thank You...

When belfort hurts somebody he finishes them. Shields woulda been done in the first round.

More stupidity.

Big deal.

And thank you too..

Whoever said Shields should fight fitch or koscheck is exactly right.

Shields is highly overrated. He has very weak standup and would get picked apart by guys like GSP, Silva, Alves etc. You can't even compare him to fighters like GSP on the ground. Fitch would be a good fight for him imo because he has no standup either and about the same wrestling. Would be good to see where he fares against him.

would love to see vitor' date=' alves, fitch, gsp

shields has lots of good match ups for him...... (the dude can handle hendo a MW/LHW... so figure vitor would be a good fight too...)[/quote']

he handled an old hendo dealing with a pretty bad back injury. NOT IMPRESSIVE

he handled an old hendo dealing with a pretty bad back injury. NOT IMPRESSIVE

(Might I Add) he handle d an old hendo dealing with a pretty bad back injury, whom shields almost lost to in the first on 3 multiple occasions? Add a healthy Hendo to this mix...

What might have happened?

(And a serious one.. It was news spread that morning of the fight Hendy had a hangover..)

I think it's funny that the same people making all these excuses for Hendo losing are mostly the same people that talk crap about Tito because he makes excuses when he loses.

To the OP's question I would rather see him fight GSP, IMO out of everyone at WW he's got the best chance of beating him. As far as Silva... Come on, that's just silly.

I think it's funny that the same people making all these excuses for Hendo losing are mostly the same people that talk crap about Tito because he makes excuses when he loses.

To the OP's question I would rather see him fight GSP' date=' IMO out of everyone at WW he's got the best chance of beating him. As far as Silva... Come on, that's just silly.[/quote']

Shields has the best chance at beating GSP? Give your head a shake. I think he would struggle to beat the one dimensional Fitch.

ive gone for Mia simply because, he was the last guy who fought anderson, and like Silva himself had to do, shields should have 1 fight to prove himself before he goes straight into championship contension, i also think this would be a good fight because mia's bjj is soo good it might make shields think twice about taking it to the ground, but if it does shields bjj is also good enough to keep the fight goin and possibly stop many of mia's submission attempts, i could see this fight either being a back and forth pillow fight on the feet, or a constant reversal of submissions on the floor :D

Archived