Thoughts on "Boring fights"

RStephen4

I was thinking about all this complaints about boring fights and not finishing blablabla. Iv got to say that if Dana complains about these then hes kind of contradicting himself.

My point being is that for a fghter to finish a fight, and for a fight to be exciting, the fighters have to take huge risks in being knocked out or submitted themselves. A lot of fghters are being cut after 1 or 2 losses now, so youve got to expect them to fight smart and try win, taking less chances. 1 loss on their records nowadays and a lot of people get cut.

Just sayin that if he wunts exciting fights, guys have got to take risks and this can result in a loss. No wonder guys are taking less chances

I was thinking about all this complaints about boring fights and not finishing blablabla. Iv got to say that if Dana complains about these then hes kind of contradicting himself.

My point being is that for a fghter to finish a fight' date=' and for a fight to be exciting, the fighters have to take huge risks in being knocked out or submitted themselves. A lot of fghters are being cut after 1 or 2 losses now, so youve got to expect them to fight smart and try win, taking less chances. 1 loss on their records nowadays and a lot of people get cut.

Just sayin that if he wunts exciting fights, guys have got to take risks and this can result in a loss. No wonder guys are taking less chances[/quote']

The thing is Dana doesnt really care about having to cut fighters he just wants to attract as many people as he can to the UFC, the only way to do this is to put on exciting shows!

there are no boring fights' date=' i don't know what sport you guys are watching[/quote']

Seriously no matter how much you love the sport to say they is no such thing as a boring fight is ridiculous, of course it happens... 2 negative fighters in a ring together (and there are quite a few around) generally equals a boring fight.

As well as MMA I also love boxing, football and rugby but whatever the sport and however much you love it there will always be occasional boring fights/matches... its just the nature of sport.

only boring fights someone can watch is one they DONT understand.. For ppl being cut' date=' Last time i checked hes cutting ppl who are very lack luster in "upsetting" fights to him.. not because they lost once.. if thats the case [b']why doesn't anyone who faces gsp get cut[/b]?

Errrmmm perhaps because they are good enough to contend for titles?

Seriously no matter how much you love the sport to say they is no such thing as a boring fight is ridiculous' date=' of course it happens... 2 negative fighters in a ring together (and there are quite a few around) generally equals a boring fight.

As well as MMA I also love boxing, football and rugby but whatever the sport and however much you love it there will always be occasional boring fights/matches... its just the nature of sport.[/quote']

i respectfully disagree

smh.. ppl need to learn my posts better.. the guy's saying ppl get cut for one loss these days.. i was using an example.. -_-.. not suggesting they NEED to be cut.. FOCUS FACTOR :P ..

next!.. two boring fighters?.. more like they are just well matched.. for example shogun vs machida (EXAMPLE FOLKS) .. majority of newbs to the sport would find that fight "boring" "dull" not seeing they are just well matched...

Archived