Brandon Veras future

Tuckernave

not to bright in my opinion. hes not all that good and hes just not built like a fighter. He has no muscle mass and doesnt appear to be very strong and thats key in this division. honestly he's a prelim fighter with a big name. give him a fellow prelim fighter like phil davis and he will get dominated and wrecked. he needs to bluk up and get some kind of wrestling base before he persues upper echelon fighters

I don't think he's gonna be in belt contention any time soon or to be honest ever but i think he's got a spot as a messuring stick for up and comers. I feel people are to quik to write a lot of fighters off. The guy is very well rounded decent greco excellent bjj and exciting if not the most efficient striking. Losses to a couple former champs and the guy being hailed as the future of the sport who hasn't really lost yet shouldn't end your career. I would like to see him maybe try some time in new camps.

i dont have anything against Vera. Hes a decent fighter but if he has a broken orbital i hope he has a back up plan

all i find is that the elbow broke three different places in his face .. doesnt say orbital .. may not be my favorite fighter but i dont wish a career ending injury on anyone (well maybe tito lol )

not to bright in my opinion. hes not all that good and hes just not built like a fighter. He has no muscle mass and doesnt appear to be very strong and thats key in this division. honestly he's a prelim fighter with a big name. give him a fellow prelim fighter like phil davis and he will get dominated and wrecked. he needs to bluk up and get some kind of wrestling base before he persues upper echelon fighters

Some kind of wrestling base? So being an Olympic in grecho roman wrestling is not enough? And a fighter at randy couture said that brandons kick to the stomach was the hardest he has EVER been hit.

Some kind of wrestling base? So being an Olympic in grecho roman wrestling is not enough? And a fighter at randy couture said that brandons kick to the stomach was the hardest he has EVER been hit.

Agreed. He has a wrestler base with a solid Brown belt in BJJ. Also he has top tier standup with his MT.

He just has to put together a solid gameplan with all that. He should have focused more on takedown defense rather than ignoring that and focusing on MT with the Jones fight. However, saying that we would never know how the full outcome would have been if it wasn't for the injury stoppage. No excuses though, Jones played it right and won fairly.

Hopefully a rematch for Vera in the future if he gets a couple of wins under his belt.

I don't think he's gonna be in belt contention any time soon or to be honest ever but i think he's got a spot as a messuring stick for up and comers. I feel people are to quik to write a lot of fighters off. The guy is very well rounded decent greco excellent bjj and exciting if not the most efficient striking. Losses to a couple former champs and the guy being hailed as the future of the sport who hasn't really lost yet shouldn't end your career. I would like to see him maybe try some time in new camps.

You da man!

Archived