subs you'd never wanna get caught in

Iceycell

anything i've been in already i don't mind, chances are i've worked up a defense and know the escapes. but being put in something new sucks because you don't know what to do. I personally hate the hell choke, it requires a gi so not applicable to mma anymore, but the guy grabs both collars from the back turns to side and pulls like hell. your adams apple gets squished like hell and if he's doing it properly theres literally no escape.

now that i think about it...yea i'd rather be choked out then caught in an armbar by someone like frank mir >.>...that armbar that broke silvia's arm was sick and i'd probably cry if he got me in any variation of a submission involving my arm x.x

yeah chokes aren't bad....that face that you wake up with is priceless....(where the hell am I and how did I get here)

yeah chokes aren't bad....that face that you wake up with is priceless....(where the hell am I and how did I get here)

my friends face was awesome when i nealy put him to sleep...he challenged me to a sub match and i was thinking dangit...he's in the army he's gonna win since i was just a wrestler...but i caught him in a head and arm choke and he tried fighting it as i squeezed and he tapped and when i let go he was looking around like he didn't know wtf was going on

(the magic of picking up certain submissions from watching tv)

The general consensus with BJJ experts on this one seems to be that the gogoplata is the most painful sub to get caught in. It puts an awful lot of pressure on the next and stops you breathing. It's pretty savage. Also, it's not impossible to get out of, so you're less likely to be inclined to tap instantly than if you were caught in an armbar or a kimura.

I remember getting caught in a heel hook once, and that's probably the most pain I've experienced in BJJ.

i disagree' date=' it is very painful i've been in them before however there is a lot more time for you to tap out during a knee bar than a heel hook, both are extremely painful but the heel hook does damage much quicker and easier.[/quote']

most leg locks really suck but if your caught in a kneebar...lets say like kevin randelman (vs rua) then its extremely painful. i guess its just our own experiences.

Archived