126 lb body weight & can bench 300 pounds!

Krush1406052629

Hey guys

I thought that I had posted this yesterday, but maybe it got deleted accidentally.

Anyway, I am interested in mma, but know almost nothing about the sport. I'm a very good athlete as I can bench press 290 and run a 5k in 15 minutes @ 130 lbs body weight. I've also won some wrestling and submission grappling tournaments. I've been told that what I should learn is BJJ and Muay Thai, would you suggest the same?

My question is:

What kind of opportunities are there for me in this sport? Are there training camps? Sponsorships? Is there even a weight class for me?

• 2 weeks later...
You're not that strong. You should be able to bench press 3x your weight. 126x3= 378 lbs

go eat some more protein.

Bench press is not an indicator of strength. Anyone with strong arms & shoudlers can benchpress, but only people who are strong in every muscle group can deadlift. If you have one weak muscle group you canno deadlift. This is why people shy away from the deadlift, as it exposes their weakness.

Also, as neither of you have mentioned how many reps & sets you are doing, you are just quoting meaningless numbers.

• 2 weeks later...
You're not that strong. You should be able to bench press 3x your weight. 126x3= 378 lbs

go eat some more protein.

yeah and i imagin someone who would say that can't even bench there own weight.

and its twice your weight for the record

well if you are not lieing about yourself... then there is alot of opputunities for ya. since you already know the wrestling game i would find a type a striking game like Muay Thai, boxing, or karate. boxing would be something i would refer to a wrestler cause if you can keep it on the feet then boxing is awesome. muay thai isn't really for a wrestler cause the stances are totally different and would more likely take away from your wrestling. but learn BBJ thats like a must these days. even if you don't like tapping people you need to know when someone is about to tap you.

Archived