One fight to sell mma

shiftysask007

Suppose I wanted to make my significant other or a friend into a fan of mma and I could only show them 1 UFC fight to do so, which fight should it be. Forrest/Bonner is the obvious choice as it displayed exiting striking and pure heart and determination. Another choice may be a fight where 1 fighter puts on an absolute clinic over another and shows technique in all aspects of the game. GSP/Hughes 2 comes to mind here. Or maybe a fight involving colorful charasmatic fighters such as Rampage/Chuck. I guess there are many possibilities here. So I ask, which fight would you chose and why.

Suppose I wanted to make my significant other or a friend into a fan of mma and I could only show them 1 UFC fight to do so' date=' which fight should it be. Forrest/Bonner is the obvious choice as it displayed exiting striking and pure heart and determination. Another choice may be a fight where 1 fighter puts on an absolute clinic over another and shows technique in all aspects of the game. GSP/Hughes 2 comes to mind here. Or maybe a fight involving colorful charasmatic fighters such as Rampage/Chuck. I guess there are many possibilities here. So I ask, which fight would you chose and why.[/quote']

i dont see how you can make someone into a fan of something if they dont "want" to be a fan.. i think reguardless of what fight you show them, if they dont take a keen eye to the sport, and want to learn the aspects, whats the point of "making them".. but hell id show them the frankiln vs wanda fight

i dont see how you can make someone into a fan of something if they dont "want" to be a fan.. i think reguardless of what fight you show them' date=' if they dont take a keen eye to the sport, and want to learn the aspects, whats the point of "making them".. but hell id show them the frankiln vs wanda fight[/quote']

What the OP is trying to do, is like playing "just the tip."

i dont see how you can make someone into a fan of something if they dont "want" to be a fan.. i think reguardless of what fight you show them' date=' if they dont take a keen eye to the sport, and want to learn the aspects, whats the point of "making them".. but hell id show them the frankiln vs wanda fight[/quote']

Maybe "make them into a fan was a bad choice of words". I mean if someone who has never seen a fight and has an open mind.

Faber vs Aldo most definately.

another unlikely choice by most people would be that undercard guy that fought that German at Florian vs Gomi, Ross pearson vs Dennis Siver, i thought was exciting as Ross Pearson looks like a beast in that fight. It was extremely exciting to watch, it was like watching Mortal Kombat.

Bonnar vs Griffin TUF 1 finale. Worked for me.

Ellenberger vs Condit

Swick vs Thiago

Sotiropoulos vs Stevenson

Machida vs Evans

Machida vs T. Silva

Couture vs Minotauro

All fights that well portray what the sport is about imo and at I found them to be entertaining.

Fedor would be the very last fighter I showcase to an uninitiated or unknowledgable fan, especially if they have any experience with other combat sports.

Fedor's physique and choppy Sambo style make him look like the stereotypical fat bar fighter that is the image many people have of MMA fighters. Regardless of his record, if you have to be pretty knowledgable about every aspect of MMA to truly appreciate what (used to be) Fedor.

Same for the Bonnar/Griffin fight. Sure it was a gutsy and full of heart performance for both guys, but fell far short of showing the technical and artistic side of MMA which has always been the big selling point for me having come from a predominantly boxing and traditional tournament martial arts background.

big nog vs couture............is the one of most recent wars.

sotiropoulos vs jo daddy...........if you want to show a good war on the ground.

if you want to show, how quick a fight can go. the 7 sec ko from duffee.....but those are the resent ones...

if you want to go back further, there are plenty fights to interest anyone who is capable of enjoying mma.

Fedor would be the very last fighter I showcase to an uninitiated or unknowledgable fan' date=' especially if they have any experience with other combat sports.

Fedor's physique and choppy Sambo style make him look like the stereotypical fat bar fighter that is the image many people have of MMA fighters. Regardless of his record, if you have to be pretty knowledgable about every aspect of MMA to truly appreciate what (used to be) Fedor.

Same for the Bonnar/Griffin fight. Sure it was a gutsy and full of heart performance for both guys, but fell far short of showing the technical and artistic side of MMA which has always been the big selling point for me having come from a predominantly boxing and traditional tournament martial arts background.[/quote']

I agree with alot of what you say. You said what not to show, but what fight would you suggest?

I agree with alot of what you say. You said what not to show' date=' but what fight would you suggest?[/quote']

I posted before, but Couture/Nog, Henderson/Cerrone, Hughes/Trigg II, Diaz/Zaromskis, or BJ/Diego all pop to mind

And Silva vs. the field for pure entertainment and marvel.

i dont see why you couldnt just anwser.

cerrone henderson (..... screw bonnar/griffin, this is a real war....... one of best fights ever)

fedor/arlovski (show things aren't always as they appear... lol)

some of karo parysians UFC matches... sanchez, diaz, (if you like epic throws, and good fights)

bj penn vs diego sanchez (perfect example of a fighter doing his job, entertains us for 4 and a half rounds, then a epic finish)

diaz/gomi (diaz' boxing is great to watch for anyone, and the damage in that fight, and the finish... wow)

hughes vs trigg (the one where hughes gets mad for getting hit in the nuts)

jon jones vs stephan bonnar (amazing striker, vs guy who you couldnt keep down with a bat)

cung lee vs scott smith (kung fu master gets *****slapped into the ground... so to speak, great show by cung, amazing comeback and endurance by scott)

diaz vs lawler.... (lol i like diaz' smack talking style, lawler thought he would beat him standing)

bob sapp vs big nog... (lol poor nog....)

george soporopolus vs joe stevenson (good ground fight)

tried to pick some different aspects of mma lol

Well there are loads of great fights and I can think of 20 fights that would grip newcomers to MMA but here is my top 5 just to show you how many there are out there

1/ Frye VS Takayama

2/ Gurgel vs Saraiva

3/ Sanchez vs Guida

4/ Chuck vs Wandy

5/ Anderson Silva vs Lyoto Machida vs GSP vs Brock in a 4 way fight to the death lol, Oh but I can dream

Two fights come to mind.

If you are wanting to show two guys hearts on the line going balls out at one another and non stop banging Griffin vs Bonnar 1.

If you are wanting to show them a good fight that deals with textbook execution in mma with all around skill you will show them the Tyson Griffin vs Clay Guida fight.

Archived