Koscheck ? Only chance

Komodo

Koscheck ? Only chance.

The UFC welterweight division has been dominated by possibly the greatest welterweight of all time. Georges ?Rush? St. Pierre has seemed unstoppable in almost every one of his fights thus far because of superior wrestling and ground game. GSP has dominated fighters in Matt Hughes, B.J. Penn, Sean Sherk, Thiago Alvez, Jon Fitch, and Josh Koscheck (3 years ago). Since those three years, Koscheck has evolved into an all around fighter with grand stand up and knock out power along with the best wrestling in mixed martial arts.

Josh Koscheck is the only welterweight at this time who can strip the title from the current king, GSP. No other welterweight, and few other fighters in any division, have the wrestling ability of Josh Koscheck. Hardcore and true fans realize the college wrestling and up of Josh Koscheck. Kos is the only person who can neutralize the take downs of GSP, which is the KEY to beating GSP. Not only can he neutralize the take down, he CAN take down GSP.

When these two first fought, Kos was just a wrestler. With advanced stand up, Kos has the ability to keep GSP guessing and get a takedown of his own. GSP is able to get up quickly and take low damage when on his back, but he has not been on his back by such a superior wrestler. Koscheck has the cardio, strength, wrestling and pure athleticism to deal with GSP. People would argue Kos can?t beat Alvez and was beat by Paulo Thiago but I disagree. If a Kos vs Alvez rematch where to be set up, Kos wouldn?t keep it standing, and the Paulo fight was early stoppage.

The point of this form is not to say Koscheck WILL win because even I think GSP will win the rematch between these two. The point is to show Kos is currently the only person left with the skill set to perhaps, defeat GSP.

P.S.?to all the fans who don?t know anything and feel this rematch is pointless cause GSP won the first match, look at Brock vs Mir.

Koscheck ? Only chance.

The UFC welterweight division has been dominated by possibly the greatest welterweight of all time. Georges ?Rush? St. Pierre has seemed unstoppable in almost every one of his fights thus far because of superior wrestling and ground game. GSP has dominated fighters in Matt Hughes' date=' B.J. Penn, Sean Sherk, Thiago Alvez, Jon Fitch, and Josh Koscheck (3 years ago). Since those three years, Koscheck has evolved into an all around fighter with grand stand up and knock out power along with the best wrestling in mixed martial arts.

[b']Josh Koscheck is the only welterweight at this time who can strip the title from the current king, GSP.[/b] No other welterweight, and few other fighters in any division, have the wrestling ability of Josh Koscheck. Hardcore and true fans realize the college wrestling and up of Josh Koscheck. Kos is the only person who can neutralize the take downs of GSP, which is the KEY to beating GSP. Not only can he neutralize the take down, he CAN take down GSP.

When these two first fought, Kos was just a wrestler. With advanced stand up, Kos has the ability to keep GSP guessing and get a takedown of his own. GSP is able to get up quickly and take low damage when on his back, but he has not been on his back by such a superior wrestler. Koscheck has the cardio, strength, wrestling and pure athleticism to deal with GSP. People would argue Kos can?t beat Alvez and was beat by Paulo Thiago but I disagree. If a Kos vs Alvez rematch where to be set up, Kos wouldn?t keep it standing, and the Paulo fight was early stoppage.

The point of this form is not to say Koscheck WILL win because even I think GSP will win the rematch between these two. The point is to show Kos is currently the only person left with the skill set to perhaps, defeat GSP.

P.S.?to all the fans who don?t know anything and feel this rematch is pointless cause GSP won the first match, look at Brock vs Mir.

yeah see there is a problem with your arguement in this thread.

1.When these two first fought, Kos was just a wrestler

well yes he was and while he has advanced his stand up kos himself has said he hardly ever trains wresting anymore,add to that the fact that GSP still completely dominated this wrestler with his own wrestling ability and was very hesitant having just come off a loss im sorry i dont see anywhere that KOS has shown(apart from the ability to play dirty) that he has improved to the point he has anything to worry GSP.

but i will agree that there is slim pickings out there.

If Matt Serra can do it I'm sure Koscheck could do it.

Everyone is too focused on GSP "He's the best" yada yada yada

There are a ton of guys in the division and with a few more years of experience and training, they could be a champion someday.

yeah see there is a problem with your arguement in this thread.

1.When these two first fought' date=' Kos was just a wrestler[/b']

well yes he was and while he has advanced his stand up kos himself has said he hardly ever trains wresting anymore,add to that the fact that GSP still completely dominated this wrestler with his own wrestling ability and was very hesitant having just come off a loss im sorry i dont see anywhere that KOS has shown(apart from the ability to play dirty) that he has improved to the point he has anything to worry GSP.

but i will agree that there is slim pickings out there.

Pretty accurate.

I'm not sure if I'll even bother watching GSP fight again until he moves up.

His total dominance has robbed his fights of most of their drama.

And we can't forget that Koscheck needs to actually put a win streak together before he'll get a title shot; Thiago would be a good choice after another 2 wins as well.

Koscheck ? Only chance.

The UFC welterweight division has been dominated by possibly the greatest welterweight of all time. Georges ?Rush? St. Pierre has seemed unstoppable in almost every one of his fights thus far because of superior wrestling and ground game. GSP has dominated fighters in Matt Hughes' date=' B.J. Penn, Sean Sherk, Thiago Alvez, Jon Fitch, and Josh Koscheck (3 years ago). Since those three years, Koscheck has evolved into an all around fighter with grand stand up and knock out power along with the best wrestling in mixed martial arts.

[b']Josh Koscheck is the only welterweight at this time who can strip the title from the current king, GSP.[/b] No other welterweight, and few other fighters in any division, have the wrestling ability of Josh Koscheck. Hardcore and true fans realize the college wrestling and up of Josh Koscheck. Kos is the only person who can neutralize the take downs of GSP, which is the KEY to beating GSP. Not only can he neutralize the take down, he CAN take down GSP.

Ok ...

1. Kos does not have better wrestling or takedowns/takedown defense than GSP. FACT, GSP has the best wrestling in MMA today. He is a far dominate wrestler than Kos. No way Kos can take him down.

2. GSP is physically bigger and stronger than Kos.

3. GSP has great stand up that has not been showcased in his last few fights. Look back and see when he KO'd matt Hughes standing. He has dominated everyone standing. Penn, Alves, Fitch ...

Kos is a good fighter, I am not trying to discredit him, but he not at GSP's level.

Jake Shields > Josh Koscheck.

and ps: King Mo Lawal has the best wrestling pedigree in all MMA.

What does pedigree have to do with anything? Georges has no wrestling "pedigree(such a gay term)" and he has the best takedowns in MMA.

Koscheck was overwhelmed in their first matchup and it'd probably be even worse for him a second time around. GSP has improved himself in almost every aspect of MMA, Kos has only really improved his boxing.

For those saying Paulo is a contender, I really doubt it. He has a great BJJ background but was unable to beat Jon Fitch. If he couldn't get past Fitch I have no reason to believe it'd be a threat to GSP.

So' date=' Kos is the only chance even though there are fighters better than him? You know, the ones he lost to?[/quote']

Who's better than GSP? Just because a whole TWO guys beat him doesn't mean they're better. Matt Hughes beat Georges while Hughes was still in his prime and Georges was an infant in the sport. Look at their last two meetings. Complete and utter annihilation. Matt Serra caught GSP with a few strong punches after GSP slipped. Okay... Anyone has a punchers chance. Again, I give you their second bout and it wasn't even a competition.

With Diego down at lightweight I doubt he'll have a shot at GSP's belt any time in the near future. Kos is going to have to defeat Daley first and then potentially Jon Fitch or Alves. Paulo's only chance of beating GSP would be by submission and we haven't seen him submitted since he first fought Matt Hughes and he's never made that mistake again.

I think that Kos IS the only guy in the WW division who can stop GSP..But it is very unlikely. He lost to Alves because of his stance..He keep his legs out and his neck out..stiffly (Kos vs Sanchez) That's how Paulo Thiago beated him..Because Kos was doing that..Not an early stoppage.

I think that Kos is possibly the next guy to dethrone GSP..But if you compare their growth..GSP has evolved and has gotten WAY better than Kos in my opinion. GSP is just in another league. Although I'll like to see Kos try to dethrone GSP.

With Diego down at lightweight I doubt he'll have a shot at GSP's belt any time in the near future. Kos is going to have to defeat Daley first and then potentially Jon Fitch or Alves. Paulo's only chance of beating GSP would be by submission and we haven't seen him submitted since he first fought Matt Hughes and he's never made that mistake again.

What the hell are you talking about? Diego moved back to WW..You obviously have no knowledge of weight classes.

What does pedigree have to do with anything? Georges has no wrestling "pedigree(such a gay term)" and he has the best takedowns in MMA.

Koscheck was overwhelmed in their first matchup and it'd probably be even worse for him a second time around. GSP has improved himself in almost every aspect of MMA' date=' Kos has only really improved his boxing.

For those saying Paulo is a contender, I really doubt it. He has a great BJJ background but was unable to beat Jon Fitch. If he couldn't get past Fitch I have no reason to believe it'd be a threat to GSP.[/quote']

REad the OP's post about Koschecks wrestling, that's why I mentioned it.

Pretty accurate.

I'm not sure if I'll even bother watching GSP fight again until he moves up.

His total dominance has robbed his fights of most of their drama.

And we can't forget that Koscheck needs to actually put a win streak together before he'll get a title shot; Thiago would be a good choice after another 2 wins as well.

agreed!

Archived