next for silva

kickass5220

hey guys im new here and this is my first post so be gentle lol.

i know that sonnen is next up to fight silva, i also believe that vitor is most likely next in line after that but i think that vitor should get another fight before he goes after silva. how about putting him up against the winner of the wandy/akiyama fight and have the winner of that fight take on silva? if wandy can beat akiyama and vitor i think he deserves a shot and the same for akiyama if he beats wandy and vitor, being that both would be on win streaks against top opponents. as for vitor, i think he should get another fight in the ufc under his belt and the fact that he'll be coming off surgery, he could use this as a way to shake off any ring rust. what do you guys think?

hey guys im new here and this is my first post so be gentle lol.

i know that sonnen is next up to fight silva' date=' i also believe that vitor is most likely next in line after that but i think that vitor should get another fight before he goes after silva. how about putting him up against the winner of the wandy/akiyama fight and have the winner of that fight take on silva? if wandy can beat akiyama and vitor i think he deserves a shot and the same for akiyama if he beats wandy and vitor, being that both would be on win streaks against top opponents. as for vitor, i think he should get another fight in the ufc under his belt and the fact that he'll be coming off surgery, he could use this as a way to shake off any ring rust. what do you guys think?[/quote']

yes, it is a good little bracket you have but isn't wandy vs akiyama facing up in ufc 116. for vitor to wait until at least ufc 118 to fight is too long. i think the ufc and the fans want him to fight as soon as he is back to fighting condition.

yes' date=' it is a good little bracket you have but isn't wandy vs akiyama facing up in ufc 116. for vitor to wait until at least ufc 118 to fight is too long. i think the ufc and the fans want him to fight as soon as he is back to fighting condition.[/quote']

It might be 118 before he is back to fighting condition.

well i think anderson is fighting sonnen at 117 so belfort is going to have to wait anyway, longer actually being that the winner of the wandy/akiyama fight will be ready to fight before anderson. and this also based on when vitor would actually be ready to fight because of his surgery.

idk why ppl want to see wanda vs silva, i DONT want to see wanda on silvas highlight reel.. wanda is an attack striker, silva's a counter puncher, terrible match up.. as for akiyama he has a few others to go at before silva i believe.. if anything belfort should get a crack at nat since hes complaining he should of been next instead of belfort

idk why ppl want to see wanda vs silva' date=' i DONT want to see wanda on silvas highlight reel.. wanda is an attack striker, silva's a counter puncher, terrible match up.. as for akiyama he has a few others to go at before silva i believe.. if anything belfort should get a crack at nat since hes complaining he should of been next instead of belfort[/quote']

good point...akiyama could go through a few befor his shot. i think nate has nothing for silva but it could get vitor back in to fighting mode.

imo....vitor > akiyama = nate > wand.

how about vitor gets his shot after sonnen then nate vs the winner of akiyama/wand for #1 contender.

idk why ppl want to see wanda vs silva' date=' i DONT want to see wanda on silvas highlight reel.. wanda is an attack striker, silva's a counter puncher, terrible match up.. as for akiyama he has a few others to go at before silva i believe.. if anything belfort should get a crack at nat since hes complaining he should of been next instead of belfort[/quote']

it doesnt matter if you dont want to see wandy fight him or not, if he deserves the shot he should get it. im not saying give him the fight or that he should fight him, he should prove himself which i think would be accomplished by beating akiyama and vitor.

I agree Belfort shouldn't get an immediate shot with Anderson...

Let him fight the winner of Wanderlei vs Akiyama...

It seems like the LHW division is the only division where contenders aren't just given a title shot randomly...well Shogun got an unwarranted title shot, but at least he proved that he deserved to be in the ring with the champion...well all the challengers BJ faced deserved a shot I guess (but they got mauled)...and maybe Edgar didn't deserve a shot, but he also proved he deserved it...Hardy probably didn't deserve a shot, well he didn't look like he did...

Maia didn't truly deserve a shot either HAHA...

Damn! What to do, what to do.

good point...akiyama could go through a few befor his shot. i think nate has nothing for silva but it could get vitor back in to fighting mode.

imo....vitor > akiyama = nate > wand.

how about vitor gets his shot after sonnen then nate vs the winner of akiyama/wand for #1 contender.

i see it working out like that' date='.. if he wins against akiyama, nat vs wanda would be a very interesting match up..

it doesnt matter if you dont want to see wandy fight him or not, if he deserves the shot he should get it. im not saying give him the fight or that he should fight him, he should prove himself which i think would be accomplished by beating akiyama and vitor.

your right babalu.. but! your insane to think wanda would make a good match up with silva.. maybe younger wanda, hell yeah alday! now vitor vs wanda that would be a nice rematch.!

Archived