UFC title rematches

Molo316

Does anyone else think its ridiculous that these fighters are getting instant rematches? I would like to see some other fighters hold some titles in near future. And after watching the extremely un-entertaining Machida/Shogun fight and the Penn/Edgar fight, I would rather see Kenflo take another shot at the title than BJ. Who do you think deserves a title shot in both the LHW and LW divisions?

Everybody knows BJ Penn is the "true" champion, the UFC will make more money with him then with Edgar(who would lose to Kenflo), that(and because the fight was pretty close) is why he is getting a instant rematch.

Shogun is getting a rematch because a lot of people think he won the first fight(including dana), and they would be very pissed if dana had decided not to make a instant rematch.

i have no problem with rematches...

Machida/Shogun II is warranted especially with a fight being that close....plus the other top contenders are already booked...

Edgar/Penn II is ok by me becuz it seems a lot of people are kinda split about the outcome...I would have liked to see KenFlo get the shot, but Edgar has to defend the belt anyways...so y not Penn?

Does anyone else think its ridiculous that these fighters are getting instant rematches? I would like to see some other fighters hold some titles in near future.And after watching the extremely un-entertaining Machida/Shogun fight and the Penn/Edgar fight' date=' I would rather see Kenflo take another shot at the title than BJ. Who do you think deserves a title shot in both the LHW and LW divisions?[/quote']

really? you didn't like the penn edgar fight? i think its time for you to go back to john cena and the wwe

Its funny you should bring this up, prior to the machia-shogun / bj penn/edgar rematches, there was mad hate on for GSP getting a rematch after only beating kos and matt (ya ya I know technically that was for the belt but not really only the interim). Its true what some of the other forum members are saying, guys like bj are gonna put people in the seats... edgar props to him but his selling potential is limited compared to say a bj penn (look at chuck even past his time he was still getting 400 grand a fight cuz of his sell value, maybe a lil respect in there too for putting in his time and memorable fights:P). That all being said curious as to where all the GSP haters who littered this forum with such threads and what they have to say now (not saying all bj penn fans are gsp fan haters but it seems to be the case in most instances related to this topic). Just my two sense w/e.... peace!

Its funny you should bring this up' date=' prior to the machia-shogun / bj penn/edgar rematches, there was mad hate on for GSP getting a rematch after only beating kos and matt (ya ya I know technically that was for the belt but not really only the interim). Its true what some of the other forum members are saying, guys like bj are gonna put people in the seats... edgar props to him but his selling potential is limited compared to say a bj penn (look at chuck even past his time he was still getting 400 grand a fight cuz of his sell value, maybe a lil respect in there too for putting in his time and memorable fights:P). That all being said curious as to where all the GSP haters who littered this forum with such threads and what they have to say now (not saying all bj penn fans are gsp fan haters but it seems to be the case in most instances related to this topic). Just my two sense w/e.... peace![/quote']

I actually thought GSP should have had the immediate rematch given the level of the upset, but the UFC wanted to play the Hughes/Serra rivalry card then and set up a Hughes GSP III, but injuries to both the Matts and circumstances played out like they did.

i think either way with bj being undefeated (at lw) for 8 years he should get a rematch, kenflo should have had to fight him first due to the dominance of bj up until the underdog pulled out the win because even tho penn aint the champ he is still the top lw...and shogun and machida...even tho i feel machida won shogun did prove he should get the 2nd match....but i think itll be another loss for shogun i just hope how ever it turns out its an exciting fight cuz i like both...machida is just my pick

I actually thought GSP should have had the immediate rematch given the level of the upset' date=' but the UFC wanted to play the Hughes/Serra rivalry card then and set up a Hughes GSP III, but injuries to both the Matts and circumstances played out like they did.[/quote']

Ya man, I think an immediate rematch could have been in store there, its not like gsp got dominated for 5 rounds (not that either of the aforementioned rematches had that either) but I mean it was one, two good punches, some might say lucky punches, that can happen to anyone (remember silva did get caught with a flying scissor heal hook like two-three fights before joining the ufc... don`t have the exact stats on it but wiki does if your that interested and youtube has the fight) Not saying this to you joshdfs, just anyone who might start hating on me for not having the exact stats on hand. Anyways though I think it played out well and made gsp a much better fighter than he potentially would have been had the rematch happened asap.

While I don`t totally disagree with rematches, I think spacing them out may be better as it develops new match ups that would/may have never been thought of, mixes things up a bit!

Archived