Every Single ZUFFA Show Should be PPV... WEC or UFC

ArcaneKnight

I just feel like there's more excitement to a PPV than there is to a free card on TV.. I'd almost rather pay for the free cards just so it gets me more pumped for the event. I feel like the fights are better and I enjoy them more if I pay money to see them.. Nothing beats the anticipation the week leading up to a live PPV event. I'm friggin stoked for this WEC card on Saturday night. I'd almost be pissed if it was free. Since it's on PPV I guarantee the fights will be 10x better. When the fighter's know their fans are paying money to see them fight, they fight to deliver 10x more.

You know that guy at the end of every PPV commercial.. "ONLY ON PAY-PER-VIEEEWWW"..Always gets me more pumped for a card.. That guy isn't there getting me amped for an event when they're advertising a free card on basic cable TV.. "ONLY ON FREE TV" It's just not the same, which is why the feeling isn't the same as it is when you're about to watch a live PPV event, as opposed to a live event on free TV.

MMA on free TV just isn't the same, plain and simple.. I don't find myself getting as hyped for the events when I know they're free. The UFC needs to set something up that allows people to pay for the free events on SPIKE. Free MMA sucks.. I like the big buzz the week leading up to the PPV and people organizing PPV parties for Saturday night.

You appreciate MMA more when you pay for it.. When it's on free TV, you feel like it's always there for you whenever you want it, and it's no big deal.. PPV is exclusive, and only people that order it can watch it. Why would I want to watch something I know everyone else is watching? I want to be in that exclusive PPV club, so when I talk about the sick event the next week at work, I can point, laugh, and tell people about how they missed one of the most bad **** events ever.. When it's free, everyone sees it, and I can't throw it in their face that they were stupid enough to miss the sick PPV card.

MMA on free TV is like a girl that bugs the crap out of you. She's always around and almost forces you to pay attention to her, you're not as into her as you would be if she did her own thing. MMA on free TV needs you, it's too clingy.. MMA on PPV doesn't give a damn about you, which makes you want to get it even more.. We always want the broads that we have to go out of our way and jump through hoops to get. You always want what you can't have but PPV is like a dime piece, all it takes is a little money and you can have her. Anyone can get the event on free TV. Who wants something ANYONE can get? That's like marrying Jenna Jameson.

cool how its not another AK thread about hating a fighter' date=' big props AK =P[/quote']

Atleast when I pay for a PPV, I have a reason to be pissed off at GSP..

When it's free on TV you can't really say anything, which is a good reason why GSP isn't on free TV.. I can be pissed off at his boring **** all I want. I paid for the PPV.

Who the hell watches a shtty stream of an event' date=' that is free on their TV? With 10x better quality, and most likely a lot bigger...

LOL[/quote']

i meant i watch all PPV's free and live online and the quality i watch them in is far from crap, and there is about 10-20 people on here who will back me up on that

nah.. they need free tv events .. thats how they get new fans and such ..

i dont pay to watch ppv events anymore .. just a waste of money.. i too use the internet to my advantage .. sometimes i cant watch the fights for a couple hours till after it airs but its no biggie .. i stay off the forums around fight time .. my tv is hooked up to my computer so i just watch it on there .. may be a few hours after but i dont care ..still have all the money in my pocket and i seen the lackluster event .. although i will admit there has been a few fights i wouldnt minded to pay for ..but by that time i seen it already and its oh well.. mainly back when they started getting heavy on the drama side of things i stopped paying .. started to become a real big joke to me ..

ken vs. tito series .. plain stupid

Archived