Anderson de Silva vs Mauricio Milani Rua

Mancunianbulldog

GSP presents a bigger challenge to Silva than Rua does. Do you think Rua can OUTSTRIKE Silva? I would love to see him try like lay back and leg kick strategy he uses with Machida against Silva, with his huge reach and deadly counter right hand.

GSP will get Silva to the mat, and that can make for an interesting fight.

If Silva blows thru GSP, then maybe either Brock Lesnar or Chuck Norris are the only people that could present a real challenge to him

GSP presents a bigger challenge to Silva than Rua does. Do you think Rua can OUTSTRIKE Silva? I would love to see him try like lay back and leg kick strategy he uses with Machida against Silva' date=' with his huge reach and deadly counter right hand.

GSP will get Silva to the mat, and that can make for an interesting fight.

If Silva blows thru GSP, then maybe either Brock Lesnar or Chuck Norris are the only people that could present a real challenge to him[/quote']

Im tired of people thinking all shogun can do is leg kick, he is 1 of the most well rounded dangerous fighters in mma and would have the best shot out of NE 1 of beating Anderson.

Im tired of people thinking all shogun can do is leg kick' date=' he is 1 of the most well rounded dangerous fighters in mma and would have the best shot out of NE 1 of beating Anderson.[/quote']

He can't OUTSTRIKE Silva, and that's his game now. Look at all of his fights in the UFC. The Pride days are over, he is not that fighter anymore....injuries have made sure of that.

He can't OUTSTRIKE Silva' date=' and that's his game now. Look at all of his fights in the UFC. The Pride days are over, he is not that fighter anymore....injuries have made sure of that.[/quote']

Your right, hes a better fighter now and would give Anderson a run 4 his money everywhere, even striking.

Your right' date=' hes a better fighter now and would give Anderson a run 4 his money everywhere, even striking.[/quote']

wow, maybe you haven't followed his career. In Pride he was a Beast, a guy that could never lose to a guy like Forrest Griffin, and in the UFC he not only loses to Griffin and could have easily lost to a washed up Mark Coleman.

He has had several surgeries and injuries, and just isn't the same guy that devastated Wanderlei in his prime.

wow' date=' maybe you haven't followed his career. In Pride he was a Beast, a guy that could never lose to a guy like Forrest Griffin, and in the UFC he not only loses to Griffin and could have easily lost to a washed up Mark Coleman.

He has had several surgeries and injuries, and just isn't the same guy that devastated Wanderlei in his prime.[/quote']

I think hes more than capable of fighting like he did in pride, hes just a more smarter, more calculated, precision fighter evidence of the Machida bout. He was obviously un fit to fight forrest and or Coleman, he gassed after the 1st round. And now that hes had a good showing against Chuck and Machida, u think he wont even get better? hes only 27. Theres always room to grow even after his major injuries and surgeries, hes looked great of late.

I gotta agree. I think a fight with GSP depends on which weight they fight at. If it's at GSP's 170 - Anderson loses by dehydration. If it's at Silva's 185 or a close catchweight Anderson wins by signing the match papers.

Believe me, NO ONE wants a Machida v Anderson match anyway. Think about it. Two counterstrikers who like to play a keep away defensive game. This has Silvia v Arlovski III written all over it.

Anderson v Rua. That would be a decent one. I also think it probably is his best matchup out there right now unless he wants to fight the first ever 2-on-1 match in UFC history.

I gotta agree. I think a fight with GSP depends on which weight they fight at. If it's at GSP's 170 - Anderson loses by dehydration. If it's at Silva's 185 or a close catchweight Anderson wins by signing the match papers.

Believe me' date=' NO ONE wants a Machida v Anderson match anyway. Think about it. Two counterstrikers who like to play a keep away defensive game. This has Silvia v Arlovski III written all over it.

Anderson v Rua. That would be a decent one. I also think it probably is his best matchup out there right now unless he wants to fight the first ever 2-on-1 match in UFC history.[/quote']

GSP has the WW belt and he is not looking for the MW Belt. If Anderson wants him, he has to drop to WW. There wont be a catchweight. Either they fight for the WW title or nothing.

He can't OUTSTRIKE Silva' date=' and that's his game now. Look at all of his fights in the UFC. The Pride days are over, he is not that fighter anymore....injuries have made sure of that.[/quote']

You need to watch the first rua vs machida fight again.

wow' date=' maybe you haven't followed his career. In Pride he was a Beast, a guy that could never lose to a guy like Forrest Griffin, and in the UFC he not only loses to Griffin and could have easily lost to a washed up Mark Coleman.

He has had several surgeries and injuries, and just[b'] isn't the same guy that devastated Wanderlei in his prime.

[/b]

Are you talking about shogun? um it sounds like you havn't followed his career as he never fought wanderlei so i don't know what your talking about and i don't think you do either.

GSP would take out Anderson Silva, it would probably go deep into the 4th round, maybe the 5th, but I see GSP, the technically superior fighter over the awkward striking Silva.......GSP's takedowns are just too superior to anyone else's, would be a hell of a fight thought, I can't stand Silva's attitude, and his awkward striking, but it's worked for him, so good for him, but GSP would end his string of victories.....bank on it...

Shogun has one of the best chances against Anderson IMO. He is extremly fast and wouldnt just stand there like Maia or Leites. Anderson would rightfully be a favourite but it would be by no means an easy fight for him. I even think that Rua would have a legit chance of beating him.

omg ppl can u plz stop being retartds no only GSP is the hardest challenge for silva but he trains for it exactly like he needs to. i know every fighter trains, but GSP is on a mission. its like a mission of life an death for him. if he loose his belt and breaks his legacy, his life is over(well not really) but thats how he trains and fights. other fighters train to win and thats it. GSP is his biggest challenge. ok now shogun is very very good to but does not propose a bigger challenge than GSP. both still great fighters.

guys im not saying GSP is p4p best anymore. UNTIL HIM AND SILVA FIGHT IS WHEN ILL SAY WHOS P4P BEST. SO HERE YA GO.

p4p GSP=SILVA p4p

well see sooner or later. but. lol. i still think sonnen will propose a huge threat against silva. sonnen has improves so much since demian maia. his wrestling went from good to fanominal.

Anderson's afraid to fight Machida' date=' where Machida wants to fight! Shinzo Machida (Lyoto's father) wants them to fight too, but Anderson keeps avoiding it.[/quote']

Shinzo is Lyoto's little brother. Master Yoshizo is their father.

But yes you are correct. His father has stated that Lyoto would have to fight.

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

Archived