Of course Fedor could win a UFC Championship

causisaysso

Not in the Heavyweight division, he'd get killed by Lesnar and/or Carwin, and probably punched out standing by JDS.

But Fedor has a good chance of winning the UFC's Light Heavyweight Belt.

And as Joe Rogan said, he's a small heavyweight with a lot of "jiggly fat".

Joe said he weighs about 225 and that's with about 15 - 20 lbs of "jiggly fat".

That sets him up perfectly for the Light heavyweight division.

He should do exactly that. That way he can end his career fighting top ranked fighters instead of running from top-tier heavyweights that he knows will spoil his perfect record.

I fail to see the trolling in this thread...Fedor could make LHW and he'd be pretty darn good.

Lmao. All caus does is bash Fedor. People like him make these forums a very sad place.

I'm pretty sure Fedor would have a harder time getting the UFC LHW strap. Have you seen how stacked the LHW division is? Have you seen how weak the HW division is? All Fedor would have to do is land one or two punches on either Brock or Carwin, collect his money and belt, go back to Russia and eat more ice cream. LHW would be a lot harder.

Not in the Heavyweight division' date=' he'd get killed by Lesnar and/or Carwin, and probably punched out standing by JDS.

He should do exactly that. That way he can end his career fighting top ranked fighters instead of running from top-tier heavyweights that he knows will spoil his perfect record.[/quote']

Reallllly? Coz I think Jones would break the bald head of Fedor if they met in UFC LHW.

My prediction of Fedor record in UFC before they'll cut him will be 3-3

Here's the breakdown:

Win: UD - against Jardine

Win: UD - Against T. Silva

Win: UD - Against Evans

Lost: TKO - Against Machida (Coz UFC give him the title shot after his 3 straight wins)

Lost: KO - Against Rampage

Lost: TKO - Against Jones (After this UFC will cut him, coz they found out that he's just another overrated PRIDE fighter)

Reallllly? Coz I think Jones would break the bald head of Fedor if they met in UFC LHW.

Here's the breakdown:

Lost: TKO - Against Machida (Coz UFC give him the title shot after his 3 straight wins)

Lost: TKO - Against Jones (After this UFC will cut him' date=' coz they found out that he's just another overrated PRIDE fighter)[/quote']

Rampage beating Fedor rofl.

Here's the breakdown:

Lost: TKO - Against Jones (After this UFC will cut him' date=' coz they found out that he's just another overrated PRIDE fighter)[/quote']

Oh, you know what?

I didn't think of 'Bones" Jones.

You're right.

Fedor couldn't win any UFC championship.

'Bones' would suplex him and then open up that old cut of his with an elbow from hell.

Oh well.

He better just keep hiding in SF.

Lmao. All caus does is bash Fedor. People like him make these forums a very sad place.

I'm pretty sure Fedor would have a harder time getting the UFC LHW strap. Have you seen how stacked the LHW division is? Have you seen how weak the HW division is? All Fedor would have to do is land one or two punches on either Brock or Carwin' date=' collect his money and belt, go back to Russia and eat more ice cream. LHW would be a lot harder.[/quote']

Not true.

I always say Fedor is in incredibly gifted fighter with a career that probably will never be matched. (Could have been if Lesnar started younger, but he didn't so c'est la vie).

All I say is Fedor is too small and too flabby to beat Lesnar or Carwin. I also think he couldn't hang with JDS's stand up either, but I think reasonable people can differ on that.

Fedor's career is nothing short of stupendous, spectacular, amazing.

He's just past his prime and now there is too much larger competition. He could never have the career he had if he was starting out now.

But he's not starting out now, so c'est la vie again.

With today's more competative MMA environment, I don't think anyone will ever match Fedor's career.

Does that sound like I'm bashing him?

Oh' date=' you know what?

I didn't think of 'Bones" Jones.

You're right.

Fedor couldn't win any UFC championship.

'Bones' would suplex him and then open up that old cut of his with an elbow from hell.

Oh well.

He better just keep hiding in SF.[/quote']

His hiding there won't last long coz Overeem is in there, later on he'll run out of excuses.

It's better for him to retire or go back to Europe and fight in some M-1 Global tournaments in there.

His hiding there won't last long coz Overeem is in there' date=' later on he'll run out of excuses.

It's better for him to retire or go back to Europe and fight in some M-1 Global tournaments in there.[/quote']Once Overeem smashes Rogers Fedor's remaining credibility will be out the window because his ducking will become too obvious.

Here's the breakdown:

That was funny thanks for the good laugh bro.

I agree with the OP that Fedor should fine tune his weight to 205. Do not get me wrong all of his wins thus far have been at least fairly immpressive at HW. On the other hand there should not be such a gap between "LHW" and "HW". If there were a weight class of 230 or 240 he would still be uber dominant. Let's face it 60lbs between divisions is ridonkulous. I think Emelianenko has gotten to where he is at because of skill; and his skill set and willingness to study his oponent is matched by none. However the newer breed of crazy big HWs are not to be taken in the same league as the guys Emelianenko has beaten in the "same" weight class. Look at what has happened to guys like Big Nog, Mir, Filipovic and others who would be considered small HWs. They have not faired well against the younger, bigger men who are now at the top of that division. Not to mention he has twice as many fights as most of them and the wear and tear on his body will catch up with him after so many great battles. I am not a Fedor hater at all but you do have to take his size limitations into account. At HW Emelianenko would have a tough time being so dominant if he could be "dominant" at all. While I do not think any one at any weight class would have an "easy" match up against The Last Emporer, it is a different time and a different breed of fighter. Lesnar, Carwin, JDS and Velasquez all stand a good chance of dethroning Fedor.

your mom was jiggly fat, till she met Fedor ...

this all being said.... BJ is very talented.

& &&&&&&&&&&&

what position make the ugliest baby?

you don't know?

ask your mom... !!

-------------------------------

& my bad... really...

Not in the Heavyweight division' date=' he'd get killed by Lesnar and/or Carwin, and probably punched out standing by JDS.

He should do exactly that. That way he can end his career fighting top ranked fighters instead of running from top-tier heavyweights that he knows will spoil his perfect record.[/quote']

i think machida rashad rampage and shogun would all tool him

Fedor is the number 1 HW whether you suck Brock's balls or not

It would seem that fedor will not be #1 for long.

http://www.fightmatrix.com/page/2/

"Although we?ve only been posting rankings since (outside of some beta testing) January 2008, Fedor would?ve likely been the #1 ranked heavyweight since his win over Antonio Rodrigo Nogueira on 12/31/04, over 5 years ago. He followed that up with some big wins, but has been relatively inactive since the beginning of 2008, only having fought three times. His inability to come to an agreement with the UFC has limited him to fighting the best heavyweights not in the organization, which has stymied his potential point total. As a result, other top heavyweights are slowly creeping toward #1, and a win over Werdum won?t do much to hold them off.

Should Brock Lesnar pull off a dominant victory against Shane Carwin in their title fight, he will likely overtake Fedor for the top heavyweight position. Should Carwin win, Fedor will likely stay at #1, with Carwin at #2, and Lesnar at #3 ? unless a fight such as Velasquez/dos Santos comes off, which would cause more shuffling at the top."

why move weight class when you do so well against bigger guys anyway??????

Here. Watch one of Fedor's combat sambo seminars and learn something. He knows about 500 escapes from the bottom. Lesnar ain't ground & poundin s**t.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQYEy2iec98&feature=related

Trouble is, after Lesnar slams flabor down and lands the first punch to flabor's face, flabor won't be able to remember any of them.

Another problem is, the cage.

You can probably forget about all those escape moves when you're pressed up against the cage by a 300lb monster... who btw is also punching your skull in.

Well Joe said Tom Sylvia was the best striker in MMA and Fedor beat the crap out of him in 30 seconds.

No one said Lesnar was a striker.

Well, until he gets you down.

Then he punches your skull in.

And pressed up against the cage there ain't nothin' flabor is going to be able to do about it.

Trouble is' date=' after Lesnar slams flabor down and lands the first punch to flabor's face, flabor won't be able to remember any of them.

Another problem is, the cage.

You can probably forget about all those escape moves when you're pressed up against the cage by a 300lb monster... who btw is also punching your skull in.[/quote']

Fedor can survive slams (Randleman) and GnP strikes (Rogers) and still win the fight. Still not worried.

causisaysso-not in the heavyweight division, he'd get killed by lesnar and/or carwin, and probably punched out standing by jds.

But fedor has a good chance of winning the ufc's light heavyweight belt.

And as joe rogan said, he's a small heavyweight with a lot of "jiggly fat".

That sets him up perfectly for the light heavyweight division.

He should do exactly that. That way he can end his career fighting top ranked fighters instead of running from top-tier heavyweights that he knows will spoil his perfect record.

judo_phantom-seriously, you guys are running out of troll material aren't you?

lol

lol

... accurate analysis ^^ by the man, the legend, & my idol > cave ...

I admitt that I did not read most of this thread because noobistic-ignorance tends to make me puke .. but I would wager the fact that Fedor has always fought at his walking around weight was not mentioned even though it is one of the biggest advantages a fighter, especially a heavyweight can have ...

its not as easy as u make it seem. Fedor could and imo probably would do a lot worse at LHW. he will lose the speed advantage that he has at HW with the fighters at LHW such as Machida and Shogun.

not to mention the REAL problem.... Fedor has never cut weight before. cutting weight is not easy, its not fun, and it CAN mentally break u. i would be willing to bet that if Fedor were to do this and fight one of the aforementioned fighters for the UFC LHW title.... he would lose. probably in a devastating fashion too.

Fedor is the number 1 HW whether you suck Brock's balls or not

He is the best heavyweight of all time, that can't be argued.

Best in the world currently? That we will probably never find out. I don't think we will ever see Fedor in the UFC. If he wasn't willing to join a couple of years when the talent wasn't as deep, I don't see him changing his mind when he is older and the competition is better.

It seems like if he was true competitor at this point in his career, he would already be in the UFC. Hopefully I am wrong.

this is a huge fail

Archived