This is probably a stupid question, but Why is Liddel fighting Franklin?

James_Moss

I just hate to see this happen again after the Rampage / Rashad delay. I know there was some kind of comment that Tito made, but I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. It seemed that Tito has not been saying much, so I don't know if I'm jumping to conclusions or not. I was hoping that I could see Tito get beat up one more time by Liddel. Really though, I like the Rich fight better, bscause these guys have never fought before and Rich is a better fighter. I like Liddel and want to see him win every fight, but I would like to see him fight someone a little less caliber than Rich just to build up some confidents and knock off a little gage rust if there is any. Rich Franklin is an awesome fighter so I believe if Liddel wins this fight, then he will get more respect in the rankings because there is no dought at all in my mind that Rich Franklin is a much better fighter than Tito. Tito is good, but Franklin, I believe is better. I'm hoping that Liddel can prove he is better than Franklin.

Because they are both veterans who, in their most recent fights, have usually lost and need an interesting comeback fight so the ufc can actually sell a card with either or both their names headlining it so that all their old fans might come back and watch what could be the an early UFC Legend battle.

And that Dana doesn't have anymore minnows to feed his pet sharks GSP and Anderson Silva.

Rich Franklin released on his twitter account, a poster of himself next to Chuck's poster on the wall. This being said, I would be led to believe that Franklin does indeed take over for Tito leaving. Tito did say it was personal problems. Dana White also said that "It's a reality TV show. Things are supposed to secretive." Chuck later went on to say that in order for Tito to fight in the UFC again, he should have to beat Chuck.

Archived