Dana on Jake Shields: "He's Mine"

tunz

As much as I dislike him' date=' I also have this strange liking of him.. Welcome! Or is he?

Mind presenting a link, maybe?[/quote']

clearly you didnt watch wec, so i will end this conversation by saying u should be ashamed of yourself

clearly you didnt watch wec' date=' so i will end this conversation by saying u should be ashamed of yourself[/quote']

Just because Jake Shields is sitting beside Dana White, doesn't make it 'official'.

While it certainly looks like a deal is all but signed (I believe Shields has two months to go), strange things have happened before.

Dana could just be trying to get Strikeforce to overpay him, further hurting their bottom line whenever he fights.

At the WEC fight they showed Dana by Jake Shields. He was offering him a contract IMO. I don't know how many fights Shields is signed on for. Shields should sign for UFC, and stop wasting his time with dumb commentators calling the match against him, as washed up Frank Shamrock did.

He's got talent but man, do some power shots with your ground and pound. It looks like he is playing patty cake.

Just because Jake Shields is sitting beside Dana White' date=' doesn't make it 'official'.

While it certainly looks like a deal is all but signed (I believe Shields has two months to go), strange things have happened before.

[b']Dana could just be trying to get Strikeforce to overpay him, further hurting their bottom line whenever he fights[/b].

+1 certainly is possible

At the WEC fight they showed Dana by Jake Shields. He was offering him a contract IMO. I don't know how many fights Shields is signed on for. Shields should sign for UFC' date=' and stop wasting his time with dumb commentators calling the match against him, as washed up Frank Shamrock did.

He's got talent but man, do some power shots with your ground and pound. It looks like he is playing patty cake.[/quote']

The henderson fight was the last fight in Jake's strikeforce contract.

[edit] Dana said in the interview before the Shields Hendo fight. If Jake won, at VERY least he would make it a huge bidding war for him. Jake is either going to be Strikeforces new second most paid fighter (because fedor takes half the profits every time he participates in a show), or he is going to be a UFC fighter.

At the WEC fight they showed Dana by Jake Shields. He was offering him a contract IMO. I don't know how many fights Shields is signed on for. Shields should sign for UFC' date=' and stop wasting his time with dumb commentators calling the match against him, as washed up Frank Shamrock did.

He's got talent but man, do some power shots with your ground and pound. It looks like he is playing patty cake.[/quote']

His last fight against Henderson was the last fight on his contract, but his contract still has like three more months on it or something like that, I'm sure he can get out of it though. You guys ready for Shields/GSP stand up war all the way baby :P

His last fight against Henderson was the last fight on his contract' date=' but his contract still has like three more months on it or something like that, I'm sure he can get out of it though. You guys ready for Shields/GSP stand up war all the way baby :P[/quote']

Shields will get WORKED by GSP.

If Shields managed to beat him, I would eat my hat!

You guys ready for Shields/GSP stand up war all the way baby :P

I was ready for the stand up war between him and Hardy. Don't get your hopes up. The man even said it himself, if the opposition likes to stand up, hes gunna ground and pound. If it's a BJJ guy, hes gunna stand up. Smart, but doesn't make for exciting fights. GSP is dead to me.

His last fight against Henderson was the last fight on his contract' date=' but his contract still has like three more months on it or something like that, I'm sure he can get out of it though. You guys ready for Shields/GSP stand up war all the way baby :P[/quote']

Actually what I heard was that he still has one more fight on his contract but also only a few more months left on the contract, there for he wouldn't have time to get the last fight in. I believe it was on the Fight Network that I heard it. Either way I believe Shields will be in the UFC very soon. I expect GSP to own him then GSP to move to 185. Think about it GSP destroys Shields and now knowing that Shields has been successful at 185 then you would think this shows that GSP would also be successful.

If shields does come to the ufc is his first fight for a title? I don't think it will be. I bet Dana feeds him a can first. If he does get an immediate title shot a la Dan Henderson, he will lose and lose a giant share of his marketability. Honestly Shields doesnt stand a chance against GSP or AS IMO and I think Dana knows this so he wont throw him to the wolves just yet. Look for a Bisbing like diet of mediocre fighters to create the illusion of a legitimate contender.

If shields does come to the ufc is his first fight for a title? I don't think it will be. I bet Dana feeds him a can first. If he does get an immediate title shot a la Dan Henderson' date=' he will lose and lose a giant share of his marketability. Honestly Shields doesnt stand a chance against GSP or AS [b']IMO[/b] and I think Dana knows this so he wont throw him to the wolves just yet. Look for a Bisbing like diet of mediocre fighters to create the illusion of a legitimate contender.

Keep in mind dana does not want gsp to move up weight classes. If he brings in shields he can market the **** out of that fight. meanwhile it gives kos the chance to fight daley and another 1 maybe 2 fights, its currently kind of hard to market that fight but a couple more wins and some real interest would be peaked. Fitch is going to fight alves and if he wins thats a 5 fight win streak. FItch would prob be able to get another fight in aswell perhaps making it a 6 streak. Shields keeps gsp at ww long enough for other fighters to deserve another shot, and long enough to make those fights marketable. You dont think dana knows gsp is bettter? He is trying to screw over is competition while at the same time he is actually helping one of his divisions out quite a bit. Even after shields loses to gsp he would have several interesting match ups available to him. Anthony Johnson or thiago alves or fitch or kos, Im not sayin he is gonna do good or bad but from a business standpoint its a great move to make.

Jake just at 2 months left on his contract. He signed with Strikeforce not for a certain amount of fight but for a certain length of time. The reason their saying his contract is up is because fighters usually have a 3 month prep time for a fight. Especially a championship fight. He won't reasonably have time to heal from his last fight and train for another in two months. So yeah, he's a free agent. Most likely Dana was just fanning the fire last night saying he's mine. But I'm sure theirs been an offer made and why not, Shields list of W's is impressive by anyone's measuring stick. He's fought some tough dudes and won. Yeah he's a wrestler but so what he just dominated an Olympic Wrestler in Hendo. GSP might just have found someone who could out wrestle him. Shields might be the one to put GSP on his back. And we all have seen what GSP does when he's put on his back. He taps from strikes in a hurry! I like GSP and I like most of what I've seen from Shields except the Miller fight, but man it would put a huge smile on my face to see GSP get dominated in wrestling for a once.

Just because Jake Shields is sitting beside Dana White' date=' doesn't make it 'official'.

Dana could just be trying to get Strikeforce to overpay him, further hurting their bottom line whenever he fights.[/quote']

It doesn't but I mean how much proof do you need?

I can't watch every event' date=' bro... [b']I don't know any of the WEC fighters either[/b], so I don't watch it yet.

Wow, thats pretty sad!!

BTW, I thought Dana and Jake were hilarious. Dana waas just like, hey Strikeforce look at this, lol!!!

Archived