Top 3 Welter Weights...

LeafsRex

Sooo which one is most boring....

John Fitch - hasn't finished a fight since 2007 (6-1, 6 wins 1 loss by decision)

Jake Shields - hasn't finished two fights in a row (2-0 since then)

GSP - hasn't finished (BJ Penn one wasn't really a finish) since 2008 (4-0 since then)

Now not finishing doesn't make you not exciting... but it sure helps and we all know that. Shields hasn't only finished in his last two... but he's still damn boring.

At least GSP and Fitch throw punches....

Sooo which one is most boring....

John Fitch - hasn't finished a fight since 2007 (6-1' date=' 6 wins 1 loss by decision)

Jake Shields - hasn't finished two fights in a row (2-0 since then)

GSP - hasn't finished (BJ Penn one wasn't really a finish) since 2008 (4-0 since then)

Now not finishing doesn't make you not exciting... but it sure helps and we all know that. Shields hasn't only finished in his last two... but he's still damn boring.

At least GSP and Fitch throw punches....[/quote']

GSP finished Bj forcing him to Quit. Thats a finish. Bj had a concussion and a broken nose.

Fitch throws less punches than Shields and GSP.

GSP finished Bj forcing him to Quit. Thats a finish. Bj had a concussion and a broken nose.

Fitch throws less punches than Shields and GSP.

If Bj's corner didn't throw in the towel then it would have been one more round of furious humping. I'm not saying Bj would have won or anything. Bj had no chance in that fight coming in as a fat lazy bastard but Gsp would not have finished the fight. Anyone not viewing the fight from behind gsp's sack sees this.

As for the OP Fitch is most defiantly the most boring although Shields is pretty close. Gsp is more exciting than either or these fighters because everyone remembers how he used to smash people and you watch him fight hoping like hell he will revert to old Gsp. With Fitch and Shields you know they don't have the tools to finish fights and you might as well use their fight as a bathroom break.

Sorry I don't find any of them boring.If you knobs don't like the ground game go watch boxing.All three of these guys are constantly working for submissions or elbows or whatever it takes to finish their opponent' date='it's never boring.It's called MMA for a reason if you don't like it why are you here.[/quote']

no one is saying `we` dont like MMA. and No.. we are not leaving.

pple are not saying these fighters are bad or good. just that they been putting up boring fights., not saying they deserve to lose either. most fights they win by un. decision.

Sorry I don't find any of them boring.If you knobs don't like the ground game go watch boxing.All three of these guys are constantly working for submissions or elbows or whatever it takes to finish their opponent' date='it's never boring.It's called MMA for a reason if you don't like it why are you here.[/quote']

+1

when a fighter is called boring he is getting blamed for doing what he needs to win, and everyone wants to win, but should it not be the fighter on his back for example who should do more to get out of that position rather than blame the one who has went with his strong points to get a win

omg you guys a bitter crew. It's a simple question, it's not like I'm flaming any of them... How come fans of MMA seem to be the only fans with the "put up with it or get out" policy, some hockey fans don't like fighting, the ones that do don't say it's part of the game, deal with it or leave.

shesh. Get over yourselves. I love the ground game as much as the next guy... But there is a point of ground game excitement, and one guy just in dominate position the whole time but can't finish... (ie Fitch, GSP, Shields... in recent times)

Dude there are fighters with exciting ground games, Coleman (back in the day), Hazlett, Mia, Fitch and Shields really do not bear that term. Those I mentioned DO finish fights much more often than Fitch especially, yes he does constantly look for submissions, how often does he succeed? Yes he does work some ground 'n pound, does he do much damage?

If Bj's corner didn't throw in the towel then it would have been one more round of furious humping. I'm not saying Bj would have won or anything. Bj had no chance in that fight coming in as a fat lazy bastard but Gsp would not have finished the fight. Anyone not viewing the fight from behind gsp's sack sees this.

As for the OP Fitch is most defiantly the most boring although Shields is pretty close. Gsp is more exciting than either or these fighters because everyone remembers how he used to smash people and you watch him fight hoping like hell he will revert to old Gsp. With Fitch and Shields you know they don't have the tools to finish fights and you might as well use their fight as a bathroom break.

lol

Dude there are fighters with exciting ground games' date=' Coleman (back in the day), Hazlett, Mia, Fitch and Shields really do not bear that term. Those I mentioned DO finish fights much more often than Fitch especially, yes he does constantly look for submissions, how often does he succeed? Yes he does work some ground 'n pound, does he do much damage?[/quote']

I think that's the problem allot of you guys have,if someones face doesn't look like it went through a meat grinder at the end of the fight you think it was a crappy boring fight.You should try to view MMA with a different perspective,it's not a street fight at your local bar.

Just because somebody CAN do something doesn't mean they will...and also just because he CAN doesn't make him top of the division automatically

Ehh better GSP than Silva.

I'm pretty sure Shields IS going to be fighting at 170 when he comes in, and he IS already considered one of the top MWs in the world. That would probably translate well with the WW rankings too.

LMAO! Thanks for cheering me up after a long day. If BJ Penn was allowed to go one more round in that fight the referee would've ended up giving St-Pierre a TKO. There were a couple of times where GSP almost got the referee to stop it before BJ's corner threw in the towel. Anyone not hanging from BJ's ******* would've seen this.

I think that's the problem allot of you guys have' date='if someones face doesn't look like it went through a meat grinder at the end of the fight you think it was a crappy boring fight.You should try to view MMA with a different perspective,it's not a street fight at your local bar.[/quote']

What are you trying to say, that I think MMA is a blood sport? "It's not a street fight at your local bar". Wow, you're really smart. Did I not list Hazelett and Mia as exciting ground fighters, in my opinion? They never draw blood, I'm interested in the skill and technique that is displayed in MMA, those two do so quite well at what they do. Pay closer attention dude. Does Fitch cut people? Hell yes he does, if just wanted to see blood I might actually enjoy Fitch. GSP has done some gnarly facial damage to people too. The real point, Jon Fitch really has no finishing power and simply does not ever display an entertaining match in my eyes. You obviously do not share the same views as myself, and that is fine.

LMAO! Thanks for cheering me up after a long day. If BJ Penn was allowed to go one more round in that fight the referee would've ended up giving St-Pierre a TKO. There were a couple of times where GSP almost got the referee to stop it before BJ's corner threw in the towel. Anyone not hanging from BJ's ******* would've seen this.

Post Serra gsp does not finish fights. Bj has never been ko'ed. Gsp couldn't submit Hardy. Those three facts back my argument and make you look like you viewed the fight from behind gsp's sack.

]Dude there are fighters with exciting ground games' date=' Coleman (back in the day), Hazlett, Mia, Fitch and Shields really do not bear that term[/b'].[/size] Those I mentioned DO finish fights much more often than Fitch especially, yes he does constantly look for submissions, how often does he succeed?QUOTE]

What are you trying to say' date=' that I think MMA is a blood sport? "It's not a street fight at your local bar". Wow, you're really smart. Did I not list Hazelett and Mia as exciting ground fighters, in my opinion? They never draw blood, I'm interested in the skill and technique that is displayed in MMA, those two do so quite well at what they do. Pay closer attention dude. Does Fitch cut people? Hell yes he does, if just wanted to see blood I might actually enjoy Fitch. GSP has done some gnarly facial damage to people too. The real point, Jon Fitch really has no finishing power and simply does not ever display an entertaining match in my eyes. You obviously do not share the same views as myself, and that is fine.

How smart are you? Reread your post,you contradict yourself.

The reason I posted my response was the last line in your post" Yes he does work some ground 'n pound, does he do much damage?"

GSP isnt nearly as boring as shields..i enjoy watching fitch and GSP' date=' but shields is 100% bjj, almost exactly like maia. People are talking like a jake shields vs GSP would be a good fight!!? thats crazy. GSP ftw 100 % of the time[/quote']

lol Shields = Maia

wow

GSP isnt nearly as boring as shields..i enjoy watching fitch and GSP' date=' but shields is 100% bjj, almost exactly like maia. People are talking like a jake shields vs GSP would be a good fight!!? thats crazy. GSP ftw 100 % of the time[/quote']

Shields would sub him.

GSP is not what you call "tough". He coulld not handle 25 minutes if Shields on top of him.

its true..the fans are getting let down because here lately dana has been giving fighters title shots that they dont deserve..maia didnt deserve to fight silva because 1 fight before he was KO'd in the first round..hardy didnt deserve a title shot against GSP because he never fought any of the top WW's. people like koscheck and fitch deserved another shot way before hardy

I cant bring myself to think anybody is boring. Maybe has a slower gameplan than others but definately not boring. I train so I can relate to the ground game. GSP is the best on the ground I have seen for ever so I like his style. Shields is in the same boat, ground the opponent, then get a dominate position to attempt finishing the fight. Fitch is usually content with any position to throw leather, so he is good too. Bottom line, they are exciting to watch for me. Great ground games for sure.

Shields would NOT sub GSP, I'm pretty much betting it would be the other way around, GSP would get Shields in a submission....probably go into the 3rd round, Shields is a good fighter, but GSP is probably the pound for pound best fighter in UFC, and Shields isn't some phenom that you can say will just come in and dominate everybody......too much good competition in the UFC for that......GSP over Shields, and it won't even be that close....3rd round submission....

Archived