UFC PPV Prices

RStephen4

Im from the UK so I only have to pay for ESPN ?9 per month.

But iv been reading a lot about people not buyin ufc ppvs because the cost is just too high. Lots of people are saying this. Probably a stupid question.. but wouldnt it be smarter for the ufc to lower their prices, lots more people would buy and they could end up making more money.

Would this be right?

Im from the UK so I only have to pay for ESPN ?9 per month.

But iv been reading a lot about people not buyin ufc ppvs because the cost is just too high. Lots of people are saying this. Probably a stupid question.. but wouldnt it be smarter for the ufc to lower their prices' date=' lots more people would buy and they could end up making more money.

Would this be right?[/quote']

Probably, but you think PPV are 60 bucks now, if he lowered it to 30, that would mean TWICE as many people would have to order the ppv now. Sometimes with Work/Family Events yad-yad-yad sometimes people just miss a ppv cuz they have other commitments. SO if 400,000 people were tunning it at 60 bucks, he would than need 800,000 to tune in just to turn the same profit.

hard to when very rarely do people order a PPV to themselves, usually there is 5+ people watching for every TV that orders PPV. so 800,00 x 5 would have to be how many people would actually be interested in watching. which i believe is 4 Million people in NA watching UFC at that time.

Its great coming home after a night out and having a UFC after party. Usually have one and its awesome! UFC 112 was on at 6pm so that was good. Tried to introduce some friends to ufc with 112. The silva Maia fight didnt exactly sway them! Everyone loved the grove munoz fight tho!

Probably' date=' but you think PPV are 60 bucks now, if he lowered it to 30, that would mean TWICE as many people would have to order the ppv now. Sometimes with Work/Family Events yad-yad-yad sometimes people just miss a ppv cuz they have other commitments. SO if 400,000 people were tunning it at 60 bucks, he would than need 800,000 to tune in just to turn the same profit.

hard to when very rarely do people order a PPV to themselves, usually there is 5+ people watching for every TV that orders PPV. so 800,00 x 5 would have to be how many people would actually be interested in watching. which i believe is 4 Million people in NA watching UFC at that time.[/quote']

PPV prices are only 45 bucks.

well ufc after takes and all tht is about 53...i think he should take it down to 40 plues tax...thts only a 10 dollar loss off the base price and after tht taxes would make it 43...i still buy the ppv's at 53 but i think certain event should be cheaper...like events without a title on the line...even though they make good cards i just think tht should be a lil easier on us...

as soon as it goes pay per view here ppl will stop watching

No they wont, boxing and WWE has been PPV here for ages.

I still think they should have a season ticket thing going on like Sky did here with football where you can agree to buy all the PPV's for a knock down price and either pay monthly or all in one go at the start of the year

the UFC events i get on SKY tv, 25-30 bucks each

but have to buy the versus, wec, spike etc events of the website

$60 is way to expensive..... i will still buy most of them lol, but yea.... lots of people couldn't afford (isnt that like 15-20% of the average persons weekly wage? lol)

ufc just needs more deals with networks etc

Archived