I love UFC, but cannot afford it any more..

randizzle

I have been a loyal fan of ufc for at least ten years and have racked up thousands of dollars in fight orders and merchandise, but after looking at my cable bill, with UFC 111 and 112 on it, i realized i can't order the faber aldo fight card. I can't even watch them on the internet due to licensing restrictions. I recently tried to attend the UFC in Thornton CO and was disappointed to learn that the tickets were way over what my budget would allow. I am truly diasappointed to see a pure sport such as MMA turned into a rich man's sport. How do you all afford it? We should all demand a refund on the UFC 112 card. That was pathetic and we all know it. Throw us poor folk a bone Dana!! It's really too bad. I will miss UFC, but will not miss being broke to watch a sport I have loved for so long. Peace.

I have been a loyal fan of ufc for at least ten years and have racked up thousands of dollars in fight orders and merchandise' date=' but after looking at my cable bill, with UFC 111 and 112 on it, i realized i can't order the faber aldo fight card. I can't even watch them on the internet due to licensing restrictions. I recently tried to attend the UFC in Thornton CO and was disappointed to learn that the tickets were way over what my budget would allow. I am truly diasappointed to see a pure sport such as MMA turned into a rich man's sport. How do you all afford it? We should all demand a refund on the UFC 112 card. That was pathetic and we all know it. Throw us poor folk a bone Dana!! It's really too bad. I will miss UFC, but will not miss being broke to watch a sport I have loved for so long. Peace.[/quote']

you not got friends dude?

get your friends round and you can split the price of the PPV between ya!

you dont have to give it up

well in excuse for 112 you could have just waited and read what happend, instead of buying it :\ .. options to choose are have pals come over chip in.. go to a place that shows the fights.. order small.. or learn how to get illegal cable..lol.. other options use your head.. order cards you actually want to see, why order a card if your not interested in the fights?

I might pay for every single one if they only cost 20$ instead of 55$. it's total crap.

I think you should get your money back on UFC 112 too :). Im glad i saw it a few weeks later at a friends house an dmy god , my first reaction was . i feel sorry for the people that paid for this one.

Ill tell you what though man. WEC 48 was worth it. I reckon you should of got WEC 48 for free dude :):) thats what i think Dana should of made WEC 48 free for EVERYONE that payed for UFC 112.

I have been a loyal fan of ufc for at least ten years and have racked up thousands of dollars in fight orders and merchandise' date=' but after looking at my cable bill, with UFC 111 and 112 on it, i realized i can't order the faber aldo fight card. [b']I can't even watch them on the internet due to licensing restrictions.[/b] I recently tried to attend the UFC in Thornton CO and was disappointed to learn that the tickets were way over what my budget would allow. I am truly diasappointed to see a pure sport such as MMA turned into a rich man's sport. How do you all afford it? We should all demand a refund on the UFC 112 card. That was pathetic and we all know it. Throw us poor folk a bone Dana!! It's really too bad. I will miss UFC, but will not miss being broke to watch a sport I have loved for so long. Peace.

"You can't stop the internet, baby."

I hear ya bro' date=' I am hurtin for money too. What I do is get some people together and chip in some money and get the fights. [b']There are a couple of places that show it by me but I end up spending more money on beer than I would if I bought it.[/b]

Get ****ed up before you walk through the door.

I am truly diasappointed to see a pure sport such as MMA turned into a rich man's sport

The UFC since it took off in the last 5 years will always be rich mans MMA. Especially if you want to go watch an event.

For myself , I give my money to the local shows when they are put on. I'd rather spend $20 or so on a live event and watch some young hungry guys fight. Just like I'll spend my money on tickets to our WHL junior hockey team before dropping huge coin to go watch the VAncouver Canucks.

Since the UFC115 ticket rip off I've decided that the UFC will not get a dime of my money directly. I'll watch the events at a local pub and spend the money I would normaly spend on buying the PPV on beer and food.

I feel for all you guys I do not have to pay PPV money as I live in Britain and get it via ESPN .I do have to pay ?10 a month for ESPN and can only get that through sattelite but if i had to pay ?22 ((55$) I probably would still pay as its the UFC and every card is packed with talent and on a whole very worth it .Hey what a time to give it up with some of the cards that are on the way to our screens

Yeah it is a Bit unfair, well not unfair i guess just costly. Would be nice if dana was willing to drop some cash ( lol ) and put on a FN for every UFC, all other sports are all always free and they find a way to make money so im sure the UFC can figure it out aswell only problem is the limited amount of events, would increase ticket prices even more.

My solutions:

1) 60 dollars for PPV between 6 people... 10 bucks a pop, + 10 bucks each for food. So for 20 bucks you get UFC + Take Out.

Solution for GOING TO AN EVENT.

Bulk up if that makes sense. Im going to Montreal for 113. Going with 6 people, so we bought air fair for 6 ( we have to get up early but whatever right ). Hotel was booked at a respectable hotel ( 2 rooms guys in 1 girls in the other ) just to cut the cost a bit, we have a joined room so its all good. And than we bought 200 dollar tickets.

Now 200 dollar tickets are obviously not front row, infact i believe its the second "worse" ticket you can get... i think there are 100 and 150 also. But from what i heard the cage is actually a bit hard to see thru in the heat of battle especially if there down on the ground in the corner, so being higher up than the cage can actually be benifical. Needless to say WHO CARES, its all about the experiance of it all.

Anyway TOTAL trip including expenses hits about 1000 a little less actually so not even 4 digits. Cant go wrong, 1000 dollars, 5 days in Montreal, Weight Ins, UFC good times my friend.

If you work your entire life ( or just for a bit of it as im not mega old ) you gotta be able to treat your self to things that you enjoy!

Find a way to get the UFC fights, I know some have been lacluster, but we all know what kinda events the UFC is capable of.

I have been a loyal fan of ufc for at least ten years and have racked up thousands of dollars in fight orders and merchandise' date=' but after looking at my cable bill, with UFC 111 and 112 on it, i realized i can't order the faber aldo fight card. I can't even watch them on the internet due to licensing restrictions. I recently tried to attend the UFC in Thornton CO and was disappointed to learn that the tickets were way over what my budget would allow. I am truly diasappointed to see a pure sport such as MMA turned into a rich man's sport. How do you all afford it? We should all demand a refund on the UFC 112 card. That was pathetic and we all know it. Throw us poor folk a bone Dana!! It's really too bad. I will miss UFC, but will not miss being broke to watch a sport I have loved for so long. Peace.[/quote']

lol why do you watch ufc fights alone? get some buddies and pitch in 5 bucks each and there you go or go to a bar and watch it

wow someone deleted my reply thats a bit gay...

anyways watch it on the internet dude there's lots of places to watch it

Did you just call me gay?

You are lucky I did not ban you for discussing ways to steal a a product owned by the same people that own this website.

thats for damm sure. i cant really afford the high end 50 dollar fights anymore... imagine the thousands of people who love ufc cant watch it.. only having to come to the website and see not only the winners, but not the fight previews it self. Anderson silva.. i wont be ordering any of his fights any more. as a matter of fact, i wont be ordering a ufc event unless im sure that a good fight will be worth the fifty bucks that takes me 5 hours to work for at work..lol

love the ufc too... anderson The Dancing SPIDER... wont ever be on my bill again.. untill he gets beat by someone. last night was worth watching... those boys went out to fight.... way to go boys. thats worth money. im so close to Montreal i almost wanna go and see Kimbo and machida but like buddy said. its a rich mans sport. none of hard workin lower level boys who love watching your sport cant afford it man.. doesnt matter... wen i see chuck or randy or brock george and a few others fight, ill order it.. but the dancing spider.,. he can beat it.

I might pay for every single one if they only cost 20$ instead of 55$. it's total crap.

I feel your pain bro...I didn't feel cheated out of my money for 112 because Frankie Edgar and Mark Mu?oz in my opinion did their thing....The main event had me punching the wall I honestly feel like Anderson Silva shouldn't work for UFC any more that clown should be in Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus..I don't buy every single event....I only buy the ones that interest me and I would suggest for u to do the same...

It has gotten sad.Working class guys made this sport as big as it is today.It is a REAL shame that now only those rich (mod edit) who turned their nose up at it at first are now the only ones who can afford it.WAKE THE (mod edit) UP DANA AND THE UFC!!!!!!

if you can handle waiting till the morning why not dowload and watch free

When I can't afford it' date=' I go to a Hooters, or a BBW and set a budget on what I can spend there. If it means watching it sober, then so be it.[/quote']

I am shocked as a representative for the company I cannot believe your giving advice to users on where they could watch the event for free. You should be ashamed of yourself g-row. Dana white will not be to happy about this.

and does bbw stand for big beautiful women

you not got friends dude?

get your friends round and you can split the price of the PPV between ya!

you dont have to give it up

What makes you think this is the solution to everyones problem blah blah blah split the price between you and your friends. What happens if none of your friends watch the sport because they think its ga y . Then what ?

I feel for u guys, i live in Dubai and we get it for free, saying that we only get UFC non of the other organizations. Its pretty stupid how most of the events r in the States and you guys have to pay for it, if anything people outside the US should have to pay for it. Its becoming like the WWE, why people pay to watch that rubbish i seriously dont know...

im surprised more ppl havent noticed its a rich mans sport yet!!.. the tickets for seats at most events start at over 100 bucks.. ' ; ' .. and if its in vegas.. its not even worth your attempt if your not a ******** banker

Tickets for live are pretty expensive. If your not up close its even worse. Over a hundred for upper deck seats, and if you dont bring binoculars your gonna be watching it on the big screen anyways. That said the experience was wonderful, i lost my voice, and i got to see gsp lay a beating on fitch. I wont ever forget that night so id say it was well worth it.

Go to bars.

go to a local sports bar/restaurant and pay 10-12 bucks for some chicken wings and watch em.. i saw Aldo/Faber for the price of 12 bucks.. got a big burger and fries with the fights on a big screen

and you can even get away with just ordering a beer or 2 and stalling your way through the ppv lol

Archived