Will you avoid Anderson

DSCHNEID

I see a lot of people saying that when Anderson Silva fights next, they won't buy that PPV. I wouldn't be so quick to judge, what if that PPV is amazing besides that one fight. What if Fedor and Carwin were fighting on it in the main event, would you not buy the PPV because Silva's in the co main event. This is hypothetical but the point is if the card is great besides Anderson, will you still not buy the PPV? I with the rest of the world am extremely pissed with Anderson, but I won't let him ruin my chances of seeing more great fights.

Also remember what happened last time when Anderson was widely criticized after fighting Leites, gave us one of the most memorable Knock Outs in MMA history.

So what are your thoughts, definitely not buying the PPV, waiting to see the rest of the card, or definitely buying the PPV?

His next fight is against Sonnen - so I'm going to buy it because of Sonnen. Plus Almeida/Hughes, and that's just the two fights already announced. I don't like the idea of continuing to support "The Spider" but I'm not about to punish myself by not watching other good fights in a vain attempt to punish Anderson.

No i wont buy it. I have bought most of them over the last few years but i think that as fans we should make a statement by skipping at least one of his fights.

Much as i hate to say it, if the rest of the card is really good i'll watch it online. And if i hear that he lost i will buy the replay on the ufc vault to see it. But i will not buy the PPV the night of.

No i wont buy it. I have bought most of them over the last few years but i think that as fans we should make a statement by skipping at least one of his fights.

Much as i hate to say it' date=' if the rest of the card is really good i'll watch it online. And if i hear that he lost i will buy the replay on the ufc vault to see it. But i will not buy the PPV the night of.[/quote']

Not buying the PPV will only hurt the UFC as a whole, not Silva. People could say, "Dana will still yell at him," but I doubt Dana would say anything. If Lesnar's allowed to publicly denounce Bud Light after a fight, then Silva should be allowed to make a joke out of an unworthy opponent.

not buying the ppv because of silva isn't really going to prove any thing to silva himself, he gets paid no matter what so it won't affect his bank balance, also it's going to be yourself who loses out you might miss some good fights on the rest of the card because you don't like what one fighter done in his last fight

Not buying the PPV will only hurt the UFC as a whole' date=' not Silva. People could say, "Dana will still yell at him," but I doubt Dana would say anything. If Lesnar's allowed to publicly denounce Bud Light after a fight, then Silva should be allowed to make a joke out of an unworthy opponent.[/quote']

Doesnt matter to me. I look at it like a movie studio. Sure theres lots of actors and employees who could be hurt if they dont sell enough tickets. But that doesnt mean i need to go see a movie that looks ****ty just to support the studio as a whole.

His next fight his career is on the line, so I doubt we'll see him get on like he did at 112.

Also, there are an absurd amount of people on the Sonnen bandwagon.. I can't imagine why. Either they hate Silva or they're buying into the load of bull Sonnen's saying. He's fighting one of the top 5 fighters in the world guys, be realistic.

I see a lot of people saying that when Anderson Silva fights next' date=' they won't buy that PPV. I wouldn't be so quick to judge, what if that PPV is amazing besides that one fight. What if Fedor and Carwin were fighting on it in the main event, would you not buy the PPV because Silva's in the co main event. This is hypothetical but the point is if the card is great besides Anderson, will you still not buy the PPV? I with the rest of the world am extremely pissed with Anderson, but I won't let him ruin my chances of seeing more great fights.

Also remember what happened last time when Anderson was widely criticized after fighting Leites, gave us one of the most memorable Knock Outs in MMA history.

So what are your thoughts, definitely not buying the PPV, waiting to see the rest of the card, or definitely buying the PPV?[/quote']

i make sure i get every single ufc. i even have 95 % of them on disc. i dont care what anyone says about any fighter. you cant always expect a perfect performance. sometimes s h i t just happens. its the same in every sport, people just have great , good, and bad days. people who hate on fighters on this site are stupid. if the card was nothin but what haters on this site consider to be sh i t t y fights i would still watch it. in addition anderson is a great fighter. it sucks that his last two mw performances have been lackluster, but thats the way it is. bad days happen. i will say however i would never pay for a wec ppv, even if urijah faber is fighting, and i named my son after him. wec ppv is a slap in the face from dana white to fight fans. but at the same time, he scheduled three awesome fight cards starting with vera jones the week of my bday. that was like a high five.

Not buying the PPV will only hurt the UFC as a whole' date=' not Silva. People could say, "Dana will still yell at him," but I doubt Dana would say anything. If Lesnar's allowed to publicly denounce Bud Light after a fight, then Silva should be allowed to make a joke out of an unworthy opponent.[/quote']

lol, those are two completely different things, why would you even try to compare them?

Archived