Chins of MMA

SPiTFiRE1988

Yo Guys, Whom has the best chins in MMA, Put down each weight class and list who you think has the IRON chin of that division, also for abit of fun try and say who has the worst in if u can think of one. Heres mine........

HW - best - FEDOR!!. worst - Arlovski (obviously)

LHW - best - Rampage. worst - Jardine

MW - best - Hendo. worst -

WW - best - Fitch. worst -

LW - best - Clay Guida. worst -

Worst chins is quite hard lol so try and enlighten me

Yo Guys' date=' Whom has the best chins in MMA, Put down each weight class and list who you think has the IRON chin of that division, also for abit of fun try and say who has the worst in if u can think of one. Heres mine........

HW - best - FEDOR!!. worst - Arlovski (obviously)

LHW - best - Rampage. worst - [b']F Griffin[/b]

MW - best - Anderson Silva. worst -

WW - best - Fitch. worst -

LW - best - Clay Guida. worst -

Worst chins is quite hard lol so try and enlighten me

My opinion.

cain has the best chin in HW .. never seen anyone get smacked and recover so fast like he did

Cain doesn't have the best chin in the HW division. He got rocked by Kongo, Cain was in the urge of being finished but the only thing remaining was his will and heart and Kongo failed to execute a rocked Cain.

My definition of having a best chin is taking the pouch w/o being rocked or your legs giving out. For example, Mir hitting Brock w/ an elbow, left knee then flying knee w/o showing any signs of eyes rolling back, or blacking out equals a great chin in my opinion..

A guy being almost knocked the hell out by a right hook doesn't have a good chin in my opinion.. 'Man that guy almost got knocked the hell out he must have the best chin in the HW division!'.. If Brock was the one being rocked w/ that one pouch then recovered quickly I doubt anyone would say anything positive.

Heavyweight -Nog best......Worst Arlovski

Light heavyweight - Lil Nog best...........Worst Liddell

Middleweight..Best Hendo by far...........Worst Kampann (Glass)

Welterweight...Best Fitch........Worst ????? No one stands out

Lightweight..Best BJ Penn.............. Worst ??????

Can I also say Everyman can be knocked out if the proper connection is made and that was the case with Forrest. C,mon how can anyone say on the back of one ko that Griffin has the worst chin at LHW. That is just plain nonsense. It just so happened that the jab hit the right spot. I for one have see FG getting hit 20x harder for 15 full minutes. I will probs get flamed for Liddell but if youlook at fights where he has been tagged on the button his chin never stands up to scrutiny and he got away with it so long because he was a bas **** who just went after opponents and di not give them time to strike but just look at the Rampage x2 fight or the Evans fight......See my point

Can I also say Everyman can be knocked out if the proper connection is made and that was the case with Forrest. C' date='mon how can anyone say on the back of one ko that Griffin has the worst chin at LHW. That is just plain nonsense. It just so happened that the jab hit the right spot. I for one have see FG getting hit 20x harder for 15 full minutes. I will probs get flamed for Liddell but if youlook at fights where he has been tagged on the button his chin never stands up to scrutiny and he got away with it so long because he was a bas **** who just went after opponents and di not give them time to strike but just look at the Rampage x2 fight or the Evans fight......See my point[/quote']

ya agree wit ya about forrest bro. He was in against the spider who on his night could do that to anybody in the world except machida.Look what he done to chris leben who has a phenominal chin. Forrest had an awsome chin but Silva has probably weakened it alot now

Did anyone see bonnar versus k-sos, in the first round k-sos was connecting big time and bonnar was taking them, I couldnt belive he wasnt getting knocked down or anything.

In the LHW i think jardine has the worst but griffin definatly doesnt have a good chin. He got TKO'ed against the dude with the worst chin in the LHW division, jardine. Then he got GNP'ed by rashard. And then, everyone knows what happens in the silva fight. Lil nog is a chance of getting the ko as well.

HW- Would have definatly been nog if it werent for that fight vs cain,struve has the worst everytime he get's hit hard he drops.

LHW- rampage but he defends punches well, so he dosent really get hit, jardine has the worst

MW- silva but leben even though everyone that has ever lived hates him, he can take some big shot's, Dont no who has the worst

WW- well that yoshida dude definatly has the worst, hard to say who has the best.

LW- Guida has the best, no one really get's there chin tested in LW so there probably is no one that has a bad chin.

Can I also say Everyman can be knocked out if the proper connection is made and that was the case with Forrest. C' date='mon how can anyone say on the back of one ko that Griffin has the worst chin at LHW. That is just plain nonsense. It just so happened that the jab hit the right spot. I for one have see FG getting hit 20x harder for 15 full minutes. I will probs get flamed for Liddell but if youlook at fights where he has been tagged on the button his chin never stands up to scrutiny and he got away with it so long because he was a bas **** who just went after opponents and di not give them time to strike but just look at the Rampage x2 fight or the Evans fight......See my point[/quote']

I can agree with some of these picks and the Griffin comment but KAMPANN? Is that a sarcatic joke or somthing? First off he's been a welterweight for quite some time now but aside from that you're calling a guy "glass" chinned that has 3 loses all TKO one cut and the other two both had to be stopped by the ref because he was taking rediculous punishment from both Paul Daley and Nate Marquardt and was STILL standing watch his losses one more time Kampann should be at the top of your chin list not the bottem in his two losses (cut aside) he took tons of flush hits and kept standing that is one of the craziest comments i've seen on this forum!

cain has the best chin in HW .. never seen anyone get smacked and recover so fast like he did

What about Shane Carwin in the Gonzaga fight he recovered very quickly and then KO'd him but I don't think showing recovery is showing a great chin in fact the only two times Cain has been hit flush (both in that fight) he buckled great defense yes for sure but he wouldn't even been in my top 10 chin wise

Can I also say Everyman can be knocked out if the proper connection is made and that was the case with Forrest. C' date='mon how can anyone say on the back of one ko that Griffin has the worst chin at LHW. That is just plain nonsense. It just so happened that the jab hit the right spot. I for one have see FG getting hit 20x harder for 15 full minutes. I will probs get flamed for Liddell but if youlook at fights where he has been tagged on the button his chin never stands up to scrutiny and he got away with it so long because he was a bas **** who just went after opponents and di not give them time to strike but just look at the Rampage x2 fight or[b'] the Evans fight[/b]......See my point

Are you serious haha? That punch would have KTFO of anyone it connected with:eek: Looks at Chuck's body posture also... it was in the perfect shape for Chuck's chin to take the full brunt of that punch... I hate that KO (because its against Chuck) but love it at the same time because its awesome:p

HW - Big Nog, Marcus Jones (dunno if he counts but his chin is awefull)

LHW - Rampage, Jardine

MW - Cote/Hendo, mia? his chin is ok but marquart did knock him the F out with one punch.

WW - Daley, Yoshida (also i dunno if you can count hardy, but his sheer determination in those subs at 11 was pretty awesome, because anyone else would have tapped)

LW - Guida and Guillard has a pretty good chin, Uno

thats just what i think, dunno if you agree :D

Trying to keep this inside the UFC. Otherwise Arlovski would reign supreme for worst HW

Best:

HW: Carwin - he ate some big shots from Gonzaga and stick recovered after getting full mounted.

LHW: Rampage - if he could take leg kicks as well as he could punches he might still be champ

MW: Palhares - I still laugh every time I see the replay of Henderson rubbing his chin after their fight at 88

WW: Sanchez - since that's where he's fighting now. How in the world did he survive the first round against BJ?

LW: Guida - if you need an explanation watch more fights.

Worst:

HW: Gonzaga - not that it's a bad chin, but he's been TKOed the most out of everyone in that division it seems like

LHW: Jardine - one too many times on the chin for the Dean

MW: Grove - just seems suspect

WW: Yoshida - poor guy. Small heads are no good to block punches with

LW: looking at the UFC's current roster no one really stands out

Trying to keep this inside the UFC. Otherwise Arlovski would reign supreme for worst HW

Best:

HW: Carwin - he ate some big shots from Gonzaga and stick recovered after getting full mounted.

LHW: Rampage - if he could take leg kicks as well as he could punches he might still be champ

MW: Palhares - I still laugh every time I see the replay of Henderson rubbing his chin after their fight at 88

WW: Sanchez - since that's where he's fighting now. How in the world did he survive the first round against BJ?

LW: Guida - if you need an explanation watch more fights.

Worst:

HW: Gonzaga - not that it's a bad chin' date=' but he's been TKOed the most out of everyone in that division it seems like

LHW: Jardine - one too many times on the chin for the Dean

MW: Grove - just seems suspect

WW: Yoshida - poor guy. Small heads are no good to block punches with

LW: looking at the UFC's current roster no one really stands out[/quote']

im sure ther are worse than arlovski

arlovski has only been KOd by some of MMAs biggest power punchers in MMA well and fedor

im ositive there are worse

Best Chins:

HW:

1. Gotta be Cain Velasquez, took some serious shots from Kongo, that would have dropped most people. Recovered and kicked a**.

2. Junior Dos Santos, never rocked or even seemed to be hurt...his chin is better than brock or carwins so...second place.

LHW:

1. Shogun Rua(never been stunned or KO'ed) his TKO loss happened due to a broken arm.

2. Rampage Jackson....it took 22 knees to KO this guy....and they were HARD.

MW:

1. Vitor Belfort, yet to be Knocked out, has been stopped but thats due to running out of gas. He has taken some serious shots from the likes of Liddell and pushed forward.

2. Obviously the other guy who has never been KO'ed....Anderson Silva....need I say more?

WW:

1. Gotta be Jon Fitch...dude took some freakin hits against GSP and survived...barely but did. And has never been KO'ed.

2.Probably Paulo Thiago....I dont think he has been stunned or Ko'ed

LW:

1. Bj Penn by FAR!!!

2. Gray Maynard or Frankie Edgar

Worst!!!!

HW: Frank Mir/ Mustpha AL Turk

LHW: Rashad Evans/Forrest Griffin

MW: Michelle Bisping/Nate Quarry

WW: Jonathan Goulet/Chris "I go out like a light" Lytle

LW: Aaron Riley/Duane Ludwig

Archived