Quinton ?Rampage? Jackson on his camp, his motivation and Rashad Evans

UFCGOD1

After a year-long break from fighting to film ?The Ultimate Fighter? and The A-Team, putting together a quality camp was at the top of Rampage?s priorities. Jackson discussed his training and some of the extra help he?s brought with him to compliment the already substantial team at the Wolfslair Academy.

?Training?s goin? great. It?s been a really good camp so far, they?ve got some really good training partners for me, sparring partners and people to wrestle with also. ?

?I brought Lance Gibson with me to help out with my Muay Thai because, uh, Michael Bisping and I both fight on the same card?so, y?know, I didn?t wanna take Dave Jackson away from him because it?s two important fights for both of us. ?

?Lance is really good, been helping me out a lot. I?ve been training with him off and on out in Vancouver. [Also] Mike Dolce to do my nutrition. Mike?s been cooking my meals?making sure I eat the right things, get the right nutrition and giving me my supplements.?

Anyone questioning Jackson?s dedication to the fight game can rest easy in the knowledge that he?s got the best possible camp around him to prepare for the bout. Rampage isn?t treating this like a tune up fight; the clash with Evans could be the most important of his career so far, but you don?t need to tell him that?

?I think this is like, the most important fight of my life. I?ve never been so motivated to fight somebody before.?

It?s not only the most important fight of his life; it?s a chance to finally end the war of words with his sworn nemesis Rashad Evans. If more motivation were needed, Rampage has found it in his desire to prove a point to ?Sugar?; he wants the world to know that as far as he is concerned, Rashad is nothing to be scared of?

?He?s trying to say I?ve got no heart or that I?m scared of him. I don?t understand it. He?s trying to make it sound like the reason I didn?t fight him, the reason I did the movie, was because I was scared of him. How could somebody be scared of him? That was right after he had that fight with Machida. ?

?How could anybody be scared of him after the display he put on with Machida? I know Machida?s tough and everything, but he ain?t known for no big, heavy hands. I?ll tell ya, Rashad didn?t look impressive at all.?

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2010/04/26/exclusive-quinton-?rampage?-jackson-on-his-camp-his-motivation-and-rashad-evans/

nice post god . evens gettin a beatdown

hahahahahahahahahaahaha, rampage beating evans?? thats like saying 9/11 was simply just a terrorist attack.

Are you guys kidding me? you all seen TUF 10 and how smart evans is and how stupid and childish rampage is, Rashad has the skills to pay the bills boys, Rampage is getting knocked the **** out :)

hahahahahahahahahaahaha' date=' rampage beating evans?? thats like saying 9/11 was simply just a terrorist attack.

Are you guys kidding me? you all seen TUF 10 and how smart evans is and how stupid and childish rampage is, Rashad has the skills to pay the bills boys, Rampage is getting knocked the **** out :)[/quote']

hahahahahahaha and the stupid post of the week goes to ...................... YOU , LOL rashad KOing rampage

hahahahahahahahahaahaha' date=' rampage beating evans?? thats like saying 9/11 was simply just a terrorist attack.

Are you guys kidding me? you all seen TUF 10 and how smart evans is and how stupid and childish rampage is, Rashad has the skills to pay the bills boys, Rampage is getting knocked the **** out :)[/quote']

You're an idiot. And not because you picked Rashad over Rampage, but because of just about every other word in this post.

So you're basing the winner of this fight on how Rampage behaved on TUF? Not the numerous scalps and highlight reel knockouts that he's had over his career.

Rashad nearly got knocked out by one punch from Thiago Silva. If Thiago Silva rocks you, then Rampage is gonna knock you the **** out. What does Rashad have in his favour? Rashad has inferior striking (no one's gonna argue against that), and he's not gonna be able to take Rampage down like he could with Thiago. Rashad has nothing in his favour going into this fight. The only way I can see him getting a win is by fighting like Bisping against Leben, and just constantly back off while landing weak counter punches to squeeze out a decision.

I'm going with Rampage on this one. I've been a fan of his for a while, and I really don't think Rashad has a chance if this fight stays standing. That being said, Rashad fought smart(like a *****) in his last fight and he will probably look to do that again. The only difference is how long will Rampage let him do leg kicks and dance around before he goes in to unload. Make no mistake, he hasn't fought in a while, but Rampage can still lay someone out.

Rampage is gonna knock him out. I just hope he doesnt have too much ring rust from all the time off. It would be very dissapointing to see Evans win this one.

BTW does anyone know how this feud started? The first i heard of it was on TUF but it seems to go back a lot farther then that.

After a year-long break from fighting to film ?The Ultimate Fighter? and The A-Team' date=' putting together a quality camp was at the top of Rampage?s priorities. Jackson discussed his training and some of the extra help he?s brought with him to compliment the already substantial team at the Wolfslair Academy.

?Training?s goin? great. It?s been a really good camp so far, they?ve got some really good training partners for me, sparring partners and people to wrestle with also. ?

?I brought Lance Gibson with me to help out with my Muay Thai because, uh, Michael Bisping and I both fight on the same card?so, y?know, I didn?t wanna take Dave Jackson away from him because it?s two important fights for both of us. ?

?Lance is really good, been helping me out a lot. I?ve been training with him off and on out in Vancouver. [Also'] Mike Dolce to do my nutrition. Mike?s been cooking my meals?making sure I eat the right things, get the right nutrition and giving me my supplements.?

Anyone questioning Jackson?s dedication to the fight game can rest easy in the knowledge that he?s got the best possible camp around him to prepare for the bout. Rampage isn?t treating this like a tune up fight; the clash with Evans could be the most important of his career so far, but you don?t need to tell him that?

?I think this is like, the most important fight of my life. I?ve never been so motivated to fight somebody before.?

It?s not only the most important fight of his life; it?s a chance to finally end the war of words with his sworn nemesis Rashad Evans. If more motivation were needed, Rampage has found it in his desire to prove a point to ?Sugar?; he wants the world to know that as far as he is concerned, Rashad is nothing to be scared of?

?He?s trying to say I?ve got no heart or that I?m scared of him. I don?t understand it. He?s trying to make it sound like the reason I didn?t fight him, the reason I did the movie, was because I was scared of him. How could somebody be scared of him? That was right after he had that fight with Machida. ?

?How could anybody be scared of him after the display he put on with Machida? I know Machida?s tough and everything, but he ain?t known for no big, heavy hands. I?ll tell ya, Rashad didn?t look impressive at all.?

http://www.mmabay.co.uk/2010/04/26/exclusive-quinton-?rampage?-jackson-on-his-camp-his-motivation-and-rashad-evans/

Words are just words, Rampage cannot beat Evans unless he just catches him. Rashad is the better fighter and better athlete.

I laugh at you.

Rampage is gonna knock him out. I just hope he doesnt have too much ring rust from all the time off. It would be very dissapointing to see Evans win this one.

BTW does anyone know how this feud started? The first i heard of it was on TUF but it seems to go back a lot farther then that.

That leaves room from an excuse doesn't it? :rolleyes:

The biggest difference between Rashad and Rampage is their chins. Rashad has gone wobbly after shots that rampage would smile at.

Bottom line is Rashad can't make it 15 minutes without getting wobbled, and once there's blood in the water, Rampage will finish the fight. I look for a 3rd round TKO.

That leaves room from an excuse doesn't it? :rolleyes:

If something happens theres no need for an excuse. I think Rampage wins this fight 7 times out of 10. But Rashad is fast and pretty accurate with his punches. Theres a chance Rampage gets over eager because of the time off and gets countered coming in.

I dont think its a big chance but its always a chance when you see an aggressive striker against a fast handed counter striker.

If the rampage we all know and love comes to fight i'm confident he will ko rashad. If rampage comes into the fight with ringrust, underestimating rashad, or fights with to much emotion (hate for rashad) and forgets his gameplan evans might get a boring UD. IMO

i got rampage. PM me for a sig bet?

Archived