Be abusive ! Get a title shot....wtf

britishranger

What on earth has Sonnen done to get himself the next shot at Silva and why on earth are posters on here posting idiotic statements saying "Oh Sonnen will destroy Silva" WTF

Someone please tell me what Sonnen has done to get his shot at the title apart from running his mouth and disrespecting the champion.

Marquadht - win PTS

Okami - win PTS

Miller - win PTS

Maia - loss Subbed out Rnd 1

Filho - win -PTS

Baker - win PTS

Filho - loss Subbed out Round 2

Horn - loss Subbed out Round 2

Prangley - Win PTS

Sobral -loss Subbed out again Rnd 2

Steibling -Win PTS

Damn I did not even realise how bad his record was until I rote it out .Now all the sonnen fans can tell me where the confidence comes from because to me Sonnen looks a B- Level fighter while Silva is Elite class. you see the point now people cause I tell you this the bookmakers will and Silva will be 1/8 while Sonnen will be 5/1 which is massive in a two horse race.

all of silvas contenders had at least 4 winning streak until lately ( maia and sonnen) maybe they are running out of contenders so to be one you dont need a crazy winning streak..

He did beat marquart though who was supposed to be the number 1 contender and I guess beating okami also counts , as okami was on a streak

What on earth has Sonnen done to get himself the next shot at Silva and why on earth are posters on here posting idiotic statements saying "Oh Sonnen will destroy Silva" WTF

Someone please tell me what Sonnen has done to get his shot at the title apart from running his mouth and disrespecting the champion.

Marquadht - win PTS

Okami - win PTS

Miller - win PTS

Filho - win -PTS

Baker - win PTS

Prangley - Win PTS

Steibling -Win PTS

Damn I did not even realise how bad his record was until I rote it out .Now all the sonnen fans can tell me where the confidence comes from because to me Sonnen looks a B- Level fighter while Silva is Elite class. you see the point now people cause I tell you this the bookmakers will and Silva will be 1/8 while Sonnen will be 5/1 which is massive in a two horse race.

Why are you posting his pre ufc fights?

Silva's gonna level Sonnen in the 1st round' date=' look over at Dana and smile with a middle finger.[/quote']

more like dance around like a dingleberry and then make everyone actualy root for sonnens weak ****.

this is not an event i will be paying for. silva can suck my balls.

He beat the #1 contender :confused:

-buy the ticket. take the ride.

This...

Marquardt was above Belfort at the time for contendership, but Dana set up Silva vs. Belfort beforehand anyways, and Marquardt can't just sit around, so they made him fight Chael Sonnen, who beat him.

lol. i remember last year when our football team was comparing the points to points. like we beat the team like 27-7 and this upcoming team we were going to play beat them like 24-14. so we thought hell, we r guna whoop this team. well at least it will be close but we think we were guna do very well. dont worry we werent over confident but we thought it would be close or we would come out with the victory. well WRONG! we lost like i think it was 38-13!! yea so past record does not matter at all. its all DEPENDING ON HOW YOU PREPARE FOR THE UPCOMING CONTEST/EVENT!! this is such a great example to FAIL this thread because your worried to much about his 3 fights ago. ok its all about how you prepare and what you come with. i just gave a prime living example. so this is what i beleieve is going to happen. im not saying its going to but just a high prediction...

CHAEL SONNEN > ANDERSON SILVA.....

chael will be more ready than anderson. Anderson is under to much pressure with dana telling him to not be stupid and ruin fights/dance and disrepect. he will be to scared and will come out not knowing what game plan to use even thought he will dance because thats his game, sonnen will come out and take it to him. he is a grinder and trains that way while anderson i think will not think much of this fight no matter what he says. i mean i would. chael is a BEAST!.

later guys. o and read my sig!! the quote! lol i cant wait for that fight!!

You don't do much about the MW division do you? He dismantled Nate Marquardt, who was definitely the #1 contender at the time, and was one of the few people to give Anderson a decent fight (short though it was).

Who else deserves a shot? Wandy just about squeezed a win over Bisping. Marquardt is coming off a loss. Maia just got beaten up. GSP doesn't look like he's ready to move up yet. Who else is there?

No one else in the MW division has beaten anyone close to the level of Nate Marquardt.

You don't do much about the MW division do you? He dismantled Nate Marquardt' date=' who was definitely the #1 contender at the time, and was one of the few people to give Anderson a decent fight (short though it was).

Who else deserves a shot? Wandy just about squeezed a win over Bisping. Marquardt is coming off a loss. Maia just got beaten up. GSP doesn't look like he's ready to move up yet. Who else is there?

No one else in the MW division has beaten anyone close to the level of Nate Marquardt.[/quote']

I think Rich Franklin could definitely beat Nate Marquardt.

Did anyone see the Q and A with Sonnen and Varner on the homepage??

Sonnen is a clown. He sounded like a comedian/polotician, not a fighter!! It was such a disgrace I couldn't even watch the whole thing!! He has no chance against Silva so he's talking as much **** as he can, Talk is cheap!!

Did anyone see the Q and A with Sonnen and Varner on the homepage??

Sonnen is a clown. He sounded like a comedian/polotician' date=' not a fighter!! It was such a disgrace I couldn't even watch the whole thing!! He has no chance against Silva so he's talking as much **** as he can, Talk is cheap!![/quote']

I thought Sonnen was hilarious.

Question: "Is it true you're fighting Anderson at 117 in Oakland"

Sonnen: "Yes, if diplomacy fails, I'm giving Anderson Silva the fair chance to back out and back out now but if he chooses not to do that then we're gonna fight in Oakland at 117"

I also liked what he said about fighting team-mates, couldn't help thinking that was a little dig at AS aswell.

Marquadht - win PTS

Okami - win PTS

Miller - win PTS

Filho - win -PTS

Baker - win PTS

Prangley - Win PTS

Steibling -Win PTS

He has beaten Okami & Marquardt who were considered next for Anderson Silva, who else is there for Silva too fight?

He has beaten Okami & Marquardt who were considered next for Anderson Silva' date=' who else is there for Silva too fight?[/quote']

well thats the reason why you let the guy go down to 170 or up to 205 instead of having him fight people for the only reason that there is no1 else in the division.

Seriously, what kind of world are we living in where you can just get a title shot from being on a winning streak consisting of #1 contenders? He should earn his title shot the old fashioned way, by beating a guy in a fight that isn't even in the same division as the title.

Seriously' date=' what kind of world are we living in where you can just get a title shot from being on a winning streak consisting of #1 contenders? He should earn his title shot the old fashioned way, by beating a guy in a fight that isn't even in the same division as the title.[/quote']

I see what you did there.

and whats a winning streak of 3 wins when the best guy in that list was already destroyed by the champion, who has a 11 wins streak, including wins in a higher weight class division. I mean 3 basically is the smallest number of wins that can possibly be considered a "streak". So thats it. get 3 wins in a row and you're a challenge to the title...

Some pretty stupid people this thread. All little microcosms of the overall stupidity and premise of the thread itself' date=' like a bunch of little turds floating around in a nasty public toilet.[/quote']

Some pretty stupid people this thread

well thats the reason why you let the guy go down to 170 or up to 205 instead of having him fight people for the only reason that there is no1 else in the division.

The solution is simple: Anderson needs to vacate the MW title and move to another division. It will make the MW division more exciting. Who can honestly say they enjoy MW title fights now, other than simply to see Anderson in action? There is certainly no drama in regards to the outcome. And it would hopefully lead to more exciting fights for Anderson. You won't have to watch him face an endless string of "#1 contenders" who have no chance at beating him.

Its not just a numbers game, Sonnen beat up the 2 top contenders in the UFC at the time(since henderson left) and posseses a style that will give silva all types of trouble.

Unlike Hendo, Sonnen knows his only chance is put silva on his back, and just roughing him up, he wont try to swing with Silva like Hendo tried.

I have seen good takedown defense from Silva, but ive seen lazy ****y standup thats seen the likes of luter take him down pretty easy.

Its either Sonnen by UD, or Silva by submission. I really dont see how Silva can stop sonnen from charging at him and running him into the cage and putting him on his butt.

Why are you posting his pre ufc fights?

I just wanted to show you he has NEVER finished a fight unless of course you are talking of the early nights he had when he was tapping out to fighters who are divisions below Anderson Silva just to show how stupid it was for anyone to say he can now go on and beat the most lethal champion in MMA. Honestly to say he has a chance is just plain stupid and I even hear the bookmakers will be offering 1/10 Silva which is ludicrous in a two man event 1000$ to win $100

At least Sonnen says he will bring the fight to Anderson. Then we will get that KO that everyone wants to see. Unless he gets Anderson to the ground, then it will be a submission. But at least he will fight him.

You know' date=' for a guy that some are saying is going to destroy Silva on the ground. He sure does get subbed in the 2nd a lot.[/quote']

This fight will be more of the same. If AS doesn't get a submission victory it will be because he already KOed Sonnen with a knee to the grill when he bulls in for a double leg.

some pretty stupid people this thread

hoooooooooooooooooooo haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First he beat the #1 contender, who he wasn't supposed to beat. Nate was "supposed" to walk right through him to set up either a rematch with Silva or Belfort's first title defence.

Second, Styles make fights. Win or lose Sonnen isn't going to fail to engage with SIlva, he is also pretty good at following a game plan. He won;t try and strike. He will shoot for the TD and continue to shoot for the takedown until he either gets caught or gets Silva on his back.

Thirdly, Andreson Silva will get an idea what it REALLY means to be disrespected in pre-fight trash talk. Not get his panties all in a knot over nothing like he did with Maia. Sonnen will leave NO doubt every time he opens his mouth its to disrespect Silva.

Archived