A Question about "The Belt"

Daytona_Rich

When a person wins a championship fight, do they get to keep the belt (forever) ?? Or do they have to surrender it at future fights where they are defending it?

I guess I'm asking ... is there just one physical belt per weightclass (which changes hands based on who the current reigning champ is) ?? Or is a new belt made for each championship fight ... and the winner gets to keep it forever?

rampage once said in an interview that if you win a belt you can?t keep it 4ever unless you defend it at least 1 time.if you defend it 1 time the belt is yours forever.

I?m from Peru and knew in the forums (but beeing a long time mma fan) so sorry if my writing is bad.

rampage once said in an interview that if you win a belt you can?t keep it 4ever unless you defend it at least 1 time.if you defend it 1 time the belt is yours forever.

I?m from Peru and knew in the forums (but beeing a long time mma fan) so sorry if my writing is bad.

I'm not sure he was being litteral. Could have been a way of insulting Forest "never should have been champ" Griffin

I really hope somebody can answer my question please' date=' How do you start a thread? I cannot seem to figure it out and it's annoying me.[/quote']

I will help you on one condition. You must write a post/essay supporting why Fedor is the number 1 heavy weight fighter in the MMA world. Sarcasm is an automatic failure. If you need help, wikipedia can help you.

Good Luck,

I will check up on you in a couple of hours. Start writing and be sure to save or copy before attempting to post.

yes. if you win a belt you get to keep it forever. i don't know if you get a new one everytime you win or not' date=' but i know if you ever recieved one, you do get to keep it.[/quote']

actually you only keep the belt if you successfully defend it once otherwise you dont keep it.

actually you only keep the belt if you successfully defend it once otherwise you dont keep it.

no. you keep the belt no matter what. ask anyone who's ever won a belt if they still have it even if they lost their first defense. they do. i don't remember when or where i heard it, but dana said it. and multiple fighters have.

Archived