The Unofficial Official NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

BlackSanta

no. this rarely happens. last year san jose had a stranglehold on the league, and only had maybe 15 losses the entire season. they ended up eliminated the first round. every other year the underdogs make it . last year san jose was upset and detroit and pittsburgh were dominating like expected. every other year we get some crazy matchups which one would never expect

and the two top teams? are we talking buffalo vs dallas? carolina vs calgary? tampa bay vs edmonton? anaheim vs ottawa? none of those final matches were ever predicted. in the last ten years there has been some crazy underdogs who played a mediocre season going all the way. this year it might just be phoenix.

How about my coyotes bringing it back to PHX for game 7?? BRYZGALOV FTW!

I hope they win. Bryzgalov is a beast.

LOL' date=' BlackSanta, thanks for those, they are great![/quote']

yeah dude those where funny as **** wish all ads where that good

haha glad you guys liked em. I love our commercials...They are funny as hell...and now that the B's took care of the Sabres I can bring you this....The VICTORY DANCE.

When was the last time the NHL playoffs actually changed anything?

Seems to me of all the major sports hockey playoffs are the most useless.

The top two teams make it into the finals almost without fail.

Dude you really should watch hockey. It is a miracle that Number 1 seed San Jose got past the first round..Also in the east Washington is going to game 7 with the 8th seed Habs. The NHL Playoffs is probably the most unpredictable playoffs out of all the leagues. If you are looking for a predictable playoffs...watch the NBA.

When was the last time the NHL playoffs actually changed anything?

Seems to me of all the major sports hockey playoffs are the most useless.

The top two teams make it into the finals almost without fail.

nah not really

year = W(west) #(confrence position)

09 = W - 2 vs E - 4 - winner Pens in 7

08 = W - 1 vs E - 2 - winner Detroit in 6

07 = W - 2 vs E - 4 - winner Anahiem in 5

06 = W - 8 vs E - 2 - winner Carolina in 7

04 = W - 6 vs E - 1 - winner Tampa Bay in 7

03 = W - 6 vs E - 2 - winner Devils in 7

Past 10 years the team that won the cup has only won the presidents trophy(most points in the regular season) 3 times

Thats a list of different teams winning the cup shows huge parity in the league. and not once did the 2 best teams in each confrence make it to the finals recently, last time it happened was 2001.

The reoccuring theme here is to be 2nd in your conference and youll win the cup.

Already the 2nd and 3rd place teams have lost in the first round in the east. and the top seeded overall caps are pushed to a game 7, so who knows.

id say hockey playoffs are by far the best in north american pro sports. Baseball not enough teams play. Football not enough teams play and its a 1 game winner takes all which blows. And basketball falls under the "no upsets" rule a lot more than NHL.

Archived