Sign in to follow this  
marioufc420

Kongo/Nelson

Who do think will win between Cheick Kongo and Roy Nelson at UFC 116?

I know theres already threads about this but i couldnt find any with a poll.

Roy round 2 tko

If Cain Velasquez couldn't finish Cheick Kongo' date=' I don't see how Nelson would.[/quote']

Cain still won the fight. The question is who will win? not if Roy can finish Cheick?

The way i see this fight going is that Roy will stand up with Cheick. If Roy feels he is in danger he will take Cheick to the ground and go for GnP or submission. Cheick will keep it on his feet as well but if he gets taken down he will try to use his minimal ground game to try to defend and get back on his feet.

ya but that makes no sense because he destroyed Big Nog

It doesn't make sense at all...I'm guessing it's cause his original opponent was supposed to be Heath Herring and then Kongo replaced him within a short notice.

It doesn't make sense at all...I'm guessing it's cause his original opponent was supposed to be Heath Herring and then Kongo replaced him within a short notice.

true that makes a little more sense

I dont think Roy has the power to keep Kongo on the ground, I can't see this one going the distance. Kongo 2nd Rd TKO due to strikes

Cain still won the fight. The question is who will win? not can Roy finish Cheick.

That's true, but I'm use to a lot of people in different threads saying that Nelson is gonna knock him out.

I dont think Roy has the power to keep Kongo on the ground' date=' I can't see this one going the distance. Kongo 2nd Rd TKO due to strikes[/quote']

what... have u not seen his belly Kongo cant get out from under that thing

As much as i thought Big Country sucked, hes definitly impressed me now, so i'll say Kongo on the feet, and Nelson on the ground by a mile. Roy 'Big Country' Nelson submission ? maybe hes jui-jitsu is suppose to be really good, if not i'll take a UD.

I think Roy will try to KO Kongo. Probably not the smartest game plan, but I was pretty sure he was going to take Struve down as well. This fight will be a war. Roy Nelson via 3rd round KO.

Roy nelson will prob stand with him until (I) believe he will get rocked just like cain but will take him down and win a unanmious BOOING (BOOO!!!) decision. As in the fight will be boring but he will win fair and square! :D

they'll stand up, kongo will be intimidated like always by good fighters like he was with mir. he will take nelson down and try to GnP him and i think nelson will submit him from his back cuz he has great jiu jitsu

they'll stand up' date=' kongo will be intimidated like always by good fighters like he was with mir. he will take nelson down and try to GnP him and i think nelson will submit him from his back cuz he has great jiu jitsu[/quote']

i doubt Kongo will even be able to take Roy down

I dont think Roy has the power to keep Kongo on the ground' date=' I can't see this one going the distance. Kongo 2nd Rd TKO due to strikes[/quote']

kongo has no takedown defense and Nelson can hold any1 on the ground except maybe Lesnar.. Nelson is a HIGHHHHHHH level black belt.. Kongo is probably at a white belt level.. i mean seriously... kongo has no chance on the ground