GSP Wrestling

shiftysask007

Of coarse your opinion is that. You hate GSP. LOL

True but he probably would, Olympics are a completely diffrent story than mma cause everyone in the olympics just as or stronger than GSP with better cardio. And guys in the Olympics have been pure wrestlers since a very young age and havent spent time training boxing/muy thai/bjj/any other martial art.

Result: GSP gets wrecked

GSPs wrestling doesnt translate well outside of MMA. Its fact. No bias needs to be involved in this discussion.

GSP is a MMA fighter. The most dominate WW Champion ever! Top p4p fighter ... Best wrestling in MMA today. Best takedowns and takedown defense.

So who cares about out of MMA?

Its like saying Wayne Gretzky is not a good Football player.

GSP is a MMA fighter. The most dominate WW Champion ever! Top p4p fighter ... Best wrestling in MMA today. Best takedowns and takedown defense.

because Gretzky doesnt go around saying hes gonna try out for the NFL... just saying lol.

saying GSP is the best WW ever is getting a bit ahead of youself matt hughes still holds the record for most title defenses at WW so i would say hughes is the best WW ever (i hate hughes) but i will give you GSP has the best wrestling but its a tossup between him and lesnar.

GSPs wrestling doesnt translate well outside of MMA. Its fact. No bias needs to be involved in this discussion.

because Gretzky doesnt go around saying hes gonna try out for the NFL... just saying lol.

0verrated' date=' much like your good friend [b']bobilator [/b](aka "all your base is belong to us").. you are a COMPLETE MORON.

saying GSP is the best WW ever is getting a bit ahead of youself matt hughes still holds the record for most title defenses at WW so i would say hughes is the best WW ever (i hate hughes) but i will give you GSP has the best wrestling but its a tossup between him and lesnar.

Hughes only has 1 more title defense than GSP. Thats all. GSP will also go on to pass that by a long shot! GSP has also faced way better opponents than Hughes ever did.

Hughes only has 1 more title defense than GSP. Thats all. GSP will also go on to pass that by a long shot! GSP has also faced way better opponents than Hughes ever did.

im pretty sure that matt hughes had 6 title defenses and him and ortiz held the record but A.Silva now holds it with 7 but GSP has faced better opponents but until st pierre bets the title defense record people will say hughes was better in his prime.

im pretty sure that matt hughes had 6 title defenses and him and ortiz held the record but A.Silva now holds it with 7 but GSP has faced better opponents but until st pierre bets the title defense record people will say hughes was better in his prime.

1 more win and he does. GSP will pass him this year.

Would GSP compete with olympic caliber wrestlers in his own weight class? Freestyle or Greco

Hey Overrated, go read the OP again. Then stop what your doing and try to think for a second, and then respond to this post about GSP wrestling outside of MMA.

GSP has no pure competitive wrestling background, why do you think he would be able to compete with guys who have trained their whole lives in it? GSP is a great WW in mixed martial arts, but hes not ****ing God, if he wrestles olympic caliber wrestlers he will fail.

LOL at ANYONE who thinks GSP could compete in the olympics for ANY EVENT.

i bet you're the same ppl that thought Jordan would make it in major league baseball. (although Jordan had a better shot in MLB than GSP has at the olympics)

Your a douchbag, you discredit GSP any chance you get. Its funny. lol

1 more win and he does. GSP will pass him this year.

i really miss the old GSP that would stand and bang it out with just about anyone he was one of my favorite fighters i would really like to see him stand with his next opponent and silence all the critics and its likely his next opponent will be koscheck.

i really miss the old GSP that would stand and bang it out with just about anyone he was one of my favorite fighters i would really like to see him stand with his next opponent and silence all the critics and its likely his next opponent will be koscheck.

I agree again with you. I think he will fight Kos next, as Kos will beat Daley.

GSP actually has great stand up. He wrestling is just so dominate that he has been using it lately. GSP will stand with Kos. He will beat Kos in all aspects of the game.

I agree again with you. I think he will fight Kos next' date=' as Kos will beat Daley.

GSP actually has great stand up. He wrestling is just so dominate that he has been using it lately. GSP will stand with Kos. He will beat Kos in all aspects of the game.[/quote']

im not a GSP fan but i will give credit where it is due he is a complete fighter with world class wrestling and great kicks and crisp boxing. I like kos alot but he cant outwrestle GSP or out jui jitsu him and he has a disadvantage in the kicks id say there boxing is near even but GSP may prove too much for him.

GSP has no pure competitive wrestling background

You do know that he has trained with the Canadian Olympic wrestling team right?

I am not saying he is the best pure wrestler out of MMA, but to say he has no competitive wrestling background at all is silly.

Its like me saying Bj does not have good MMA BJJ. He only has competitive traditional BJJ background wearing a Gi. (No I do not believe that) Just saying how stupid you sound. (Bj is bad **** BJJ, you see I give credit where its due)

im not a GSP fan but i will give credit where it is due he is a complete fighter with world class wrestling and great kicks and crisp boxing. I like kos alot but he cant outwrestle GSP or out jui jitsu him and he has a disadvantage in the kicks id say there boxing is near even but GSP may prove too much for him.

Kos will not out wrestle GSP. No way! GSP is also physically bigger and much stronger. I am not trying to discredit Kos, but he is going to lose if he fights GSP.

GSP will outclass Kos.

Kos will not out wrestle GSP. No way! GSP is also physically bigger and much stronger. I am not trying to discredit Kos' date=' but he is going to lose if he fights GSP.

GSP will outclass Kos.[/quote']

i agree but koscheck has good enough ground game to not get submitted and he always has a punchers chance but GSP will use his kicks and his reach to pick koscheck apart but i think koscheck will put up a better fight than GSP's other opponents.

You do know that he has trained with the Canadian Olympic wrestling team right?

I am not saying he is the best pure wrestler out of MMA' date=' but to say he has no competitive wrestling background at all is silly.

Its like me saying Bj does not have good MMA BJJ. He only has competitive traditional BJJ background wearing a Gi. (No I do not believe that) Just saying how stupid you sound. (Bj is bad **** BJJ, you see I give credit where its due)[/quote']

GSP has great MMA wrestling.. but that doesnt translate to pure wrestling. period.

Guys don't get amazing at a martial art through MMA and then all of a sudden jump over to pure competitions and do well. If Bj started MMA BJJ before hes started traditional BJJ then he wouldnt be **** in the pure bjj world.

Just because he trains with an olympic team doesnt mean he himself has pure competive wrestling experience. Name a time GSP has ever done well, or even entered, some kind of wrestling only competition? He developed his wrestling purely for MMA purposes, not for other competitions such as the olympics.The dude never wrestled in highschool or college, his wrestling game is purely based around his striking game. You take away the striking element you take away GSPs success in wrestling and thats all there is to it.

For you to imply that GSP could jump from MMA to pure wrestling and even compete with the top 25% of olympic caliber wrestlers is either blind ****y or a gross misconception of reality.

i agree but koscheck has good enough ground game to not get submitted and he always has a punchers chance but GSP will use his kicks and his reach to pick koscheck apart but i think koscheck will put up a better fight than GSP's other opponents.

Should be a good fight.

no hes not matt hughes is the bwwoat was he actully finished fights unlike gsp:p

GSP has great MMA wrestling.. but that doesnt translate to pure wrestling. period.

Guys don't get amazing at a martial art through MMA and then all of a sudden jump over to pure competitions and do well. If Bj started MMA BJJ before hes started traditional BJJ then he wouldnt be **** in the pure bjj world.

Just because he trains with an olympic team doesnt mean he himself has pure competive wrestling experience. Name a time GSP has ever done well' date=' or even entered, some kind of wrestling only competition? He developed his wrestling purely for MMA purposes, not for other competitions such as the olympics.The dude never wrestled in highschool or college, his wrestling game is purely based around his striking game. You take away the striking element you take away GSPs success in wrestling and thats all there is to it.

[/b']

For you to imply that GSP could jump from MMA to pure wrestling and even compete with the top 25% of olympic caliber wrestlers is either blind ****y or a gross misconception of reality.

bold paragraph makes sense that gsp couldnt hack the olympics ....

as a gsp fan i keep up with a lot of his interviews... he said several months back that he isnt good enough to compete in the olympics.. taht he has a couple years of training to even be considered an alternate... so why are we stil discussing this? anyway gsp is a bad **** mmartist... he also spars with olympic boxers but he isnt a freaking olympic boxer... anyhow gsps transitions inside the cage are what make him the best wrestler in mma gsp will smoke all of them and he will be the most dominate ww ever... then hopefully he'll move up and do the same at mw.

Hey Overrated' date=' go read the OP again. Then stop what your doing and try to think for a second, and then respond to this post about GSP wrestling outside of MMA.

GSP has no pure competitive wrestling background, why do you think he would be able to compete with guys who have trained their whole lives in it? GSP is a great WW in mixed martial arts, but hes not ****ing God, if he wrestles olympic caliber wrestlers he will fail.[/quote']

While I dont have enough knowledge on the subject to intelligently comment I will say that If he wants to try to get a medal for his country all the more power to him. He trains with russian wrestlers well i believe? I think that He and his training partners / coaches would have a pretty good idea if he could compete or not. Since he didnt end up doing it im leaning towards them encouraging him not to. I would like to point out that nba players get drafted straight out of HS and in some instances dominate the league against other more experienced players. Not that the analogy translates particularly well, but physical ability can take one very far, and in many cases make up for a large gap in skill level. I for one think that given some time to train specifically for Olympic wrestling gsp would have a great deal of success, but as i said I dont know that much about olympic wrestling. I dont think we will ever see it happen anyways so whats the point in flaming each other for our opinions on a hypothetical situation that doesnt really matter much in the grand scheme of things.

Archived