Best Wrestling in UFC history

wingzero8717

This is a tough question' date=' I voted for GSP simply because he has the best TD success in MMA history thus far.

I think Brock will have just as good of a success rate down the road.[/quote']

this^^^ exactly my thoughts......tough but gsp's success gives him the nod, for the time being.

It depends on what time frame were talking.. Because their have always been dominate wrestlers in the UFC...

Of the first would be Dan Severn..

Probably followed by Randy Couture, Mark Coleman, And Kevin "The Monster" Randleman..

Then Matt Hughes really started making it big with what he was doing to guys..

And now I would say GSP... Easy.

Couture gets my vote. I agree that GSP's wrestling is amazing' date=' but he's never really fought above 170. Randy on the other hand has fought most of his career at Heavyweight and taken down much larger men[/quote']

Never fought anyone above 170? 208 pound Thaigo Alves in the octagon? Ok ...

Alves weighed in at 170lbs...just like GSP did...making him a WW...

but i do think GSP could TD most MWs...but he had a tough time keeping Alves down, so I imagine that would hold true for some MWs as well...

Based on takedown ability: Georges St-Pierre

Based on ability to pass guard and improve position: Georges St-Pierre

Based on takedown defense: Georges St-Pierre

Based on clinch control and takedowns from the clinch: Randy Couture

I agree with most but i think Couture is better from the clinch than Hughes.

Its hard to say who the best wrestler is as there is difference facets to wrestling and differences based on if its Freestyle, Greco or Collegiate.

I put "Pastor" Hughes as best back in his prime because once' date=' GSP couldn't beat him.[/quote']

GSP was handling himself in that fight quite nicely, may have even outpointed hughes.

He must have been lost in the moment to tap from that armbar with only 1 second left in the round, had it gone into another round who knows if he would have had that blemish on his record.

Alves still weighed in at 170 did he not? It's not like GSP didn't come in over 170 either. My point is that he has fought at Welterweight his entire career. Sorry, should have been clearer on that one

Archived