Why is Mark Coleman a UFC Hall Of Famer

mabrown

I like Mark Coleman also but i was wondering if the UFC had something against him

Coleman is in the hall of fame because he was the most dominant HW fighter in the early days of the company. In his younger days he was seen as the p4p best in the young sport and pioneered the "Ground and Pound" technic. Later Tito Ortiz would use the same technic to not only become a dominant champion (just like Coleman) but also to Ground and Pound his ****star wife into submission.

Don Frye has a good cause to be made to make him a HoFer as well...

Personally I think it's a travesty Tito isn't in the Hall of Fame - but if the allegations of domestic abuse are true (I'm still waiting for the official report to make final judgement calls) I don't think I'd want him in there and certainly don't think he'd EVER be welcomed...IF the allegations are true.

But yeah, Frye would be a fine addition.

My real question is why isn't Don Frye. Just wondering

The reason is simple.........

Don Frye has yet to return to UFC, that's why

Mark Coleman was the 1st guy to win back to back UFC Tourney's, UFC 10, UFC 11 in which he defeated UFC's then Top Heavyweight Don Frye(his only loss in UFC), then at UFC 12 Mark Coleman defeated UFC's 2nd best Heavyweight then in Dan Severn to win the 1st UFC Heavyweight Title.

He lost his next 3 matches to Maurice Smith, Petey Williams(face kick), Nobuhiko Takada(paid $50k to throw a fight.....true story)

But then returned just like Dan Severn and was given Hall of Fame status. That's why Pat Miletich isn't on the HoF either, cos he's with Strikeforce, so no HoF.

It's only Kosher for UFC to give HoF status whne they come back to UFC and never compete again. It's what happened also when Royce Gracie left to Pride, came back, was given HoF status then loses to Matt Hughes.

The reason is simple.........

Don Frye has yet to return to UFC' date=' that's why

Mark Coleman was the 1st guy to win back to back UFC Tourney's, UFC 10, UFC 11 in which he defeated UFC's then Top Heavyweight Don Frye(his only loss in UFC), then at UFC 12 Mark Coleman defeated UFC's 2nd best Heavyweight then in Dan Severn to win the 1st UFC Heavyweight Title.

He lost his next 3 matches to Maurice Smith, Petey Williams(face kick), Nobuhiko Takada(paid $50k to throw a fight.....true story)

But then returned just like Dan Severn and was given Hall of Fame status. That's why Pat Miletich isn't on the HoF either, cos he's with Strikeforce, so no HoF.

It's only Kosher for UFC to give HoF status whne they come back to UFC and never compete again. It's what happened also when Royce Gracie left to Pride, came back, was given HoF status then loses to Matt Hughes.[/quote']

That is what i thought......he never returned....got it

Archived