Official Basketball Playoffs 2010 Thread!

2below

Alright so I know a lot of people on these forums are primarily into hockey and soccer, but there has to be some of you out there who pay attention to basketball. Round 1 is almost through and as of right now this is where we stand:

WEST:

LA Lakers/OKC Thunder - Series tied 2-2

SA Spurs/DAL Mavs - Spurs lead series 3-1

PHX Suns/PORT Blazers - Suns lead series 3-2

UTAH Jazz/DEN Nuggets - Jazz lead series 3-1

EAST:

CHI Bulls/CLE Cavs - Cavs lead series 3-1

ORL Magic/CHA Bobcats - Magic won series 4-0

MIL Bucks/ATL Hawks - Series tied 2-2

MIA Heat/BOS Celtics - Celtics lead series 3-1

I see round 2 ending up as:

WEST:

Lakers/Jazz - Lakers win series 4-2

Suns/Spurs - Suns win series 4-3

EAST:

Cavs/Celtics - Cavs win series 4-2

Hawks/Magic - Magic win series 4-1

Then I see the conference finals going down as:

WEST:

Lakers/Suns - Suns win series 4-2

EAST:

Cavs/Magic - Cavs win series 4-3

Then I see the finals as:

Cavaliers/Suns - Suns win series 4-3 in an epic game 7

Before any flaming commences - I reside in the greater Phoenix area. However, it is not personal bias that has influenced my picks. I really think the Suns realize this is it. It's win now or start rebuilding for the future. When the Suns are firing on all cylinders nobody can beat them. If Nash continues to give 13pts/10ast per game, Amare gives 20pts/10rebs, J Rich gives 20 pts and the bench continues to give 30+ ppg the Suns will be unstoppable on the way to a much deserved championship.

How do you see the playoffs playing out?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Alright so I know a lot of people on these forums are primarily into hockey and soccer' date=' but there has to be some of you out there who pay attention to basketball. Round 1 is almost through and as of right now this is where we stand:

[u']WEST[/u]:

EAST:

WEST:

EAST:

WEST:

EAST:

Before any flaming commences - I reside in the greater Phoenix area. However, it is not personal bias that has influenced my picks. I really think the Suns realize this is it. It's win now or start rebuilding for the future. When the Suns are firing on all cylinders nobody can beat them. If Nash continues to give 13pts/10ast per game, Amare gives 20pts/10rebs, J Rich gives 20 pts and the bench continues to give 30+ ppg the Suns will be unstoppable on the way to a much deserved championship.

I obviously want the Celtics to win...I just don't see it happening. The only way Boston can Avoid Cleveland in the Semis is if the Bucks knock off Atlanta. I don't see the Celts getting by the Cavs. I just hope Orlando flops because I don't like Dwight Howard...He is overrated.

I think the Cavs win the Championship...Lebron finally gets his ring.

I obviously want the Celtics to win...I just don't see it happening. The only way Boston can Avoid Cleveland in the Semis is if the Bucks knock off Atlanta. I don't see the Celts getting by the Cavs. I just hope Orlando flops because I don't like Dwight Howard...He is overrated.

At least your Celts already grabbed a ring but I know it's always nice to see another one. Dude, I hate Dwight Howard. I think he is so overrated. He has no offense. He can't get his own shot and he commits the stupidest fouls ever and then complains EVERY time. I don't think Orlando will have any problems getting to the Cavs in the conference finals, but God I hope the Magic don't go back to the finals.

I want Lebron to get his ring because he really is absolutely mind blowing but I want my boys Nash and Stoudemire to get theirs so Stoudemire will stay in Phoenix! Also, Lebron will average a triple double in 2 years.

Alright so I know a lot of people on these forums are primarily into hockey and soccer' date=' but there has to be some of you out there who pay attention to basketball. Round 1 is almost through and as of right now this is where we stand:

[u']WEST[/u]:

EAST:

WEST:

EAST:

WEST:

EAST:

what a surprise in the nuggets/jazz match up....jazz really stepping up in the playoffs.

mavs being out played, i had them going to the conference finals against the lakers but i am not sure now.

also i see you really gave a lot of credit to the suns (your fav team i guess?).

they look ok and they are playing an inexperienced team with out there best players. once they face a team that can control the pace of the game and play exceptional defense they will face a lot of problems, imo.

anyway, great playoffs so far and the nba hasn't been this strong for a long time now....

my picks

who i want.......lakers vs celtics and celtics for the champions.

who i think.......lakers vs cavs and cavs for the champions.

my fav team is also the c's' date=' they were my hometown team and garnet has been my fav player since his playoff debut in 1996.

[b']boston can't avoid the cavs that is the 2nd round match up if they both advance.[/b]

hey, we are both celtic fans but howard is the best center in the world man.....this year he did something never done before. he was ranked first in the league in blocks, double-doubles, rebounds,

and shot 61% from the field.

and his scoring is low because the style of play stan coaches in....howard would get a lot more touches on another team.

At least your Celts already grabbed a ring but I know it's always nice to see another one. Dude' date=' I hate Dwight Howard. I think he is so overrated. He has no offense[/b']. He can't get his own shot and he commits the stupidest fouls ever and then complains EVERY time. I don't think Orlando will have any problems getting to the Cavs in the conference finals, but God I hope the Magic don't go back to the finals.

I want Lebron to get his ring because he really is absolutely mind blowing but I want my boys Nash and Stoudemire to get theirs so Stoudemire will stay in Phoenix! Also, Lebron will average a triple double in 2 years.

Respect your opinnion, but you are crazy! Howard is the best big man in the game right now, and it's not even close. Anyhow, it's going to be Kobe vs Labron. Lakers win in 7

Respect your opinnion' date=' but you are crazy! Howard is the best big man in the game right now, and it's not even close. Anyhow, it's going to be Kobe vs Labron. Lakers win in 7[/quote']

He will be the best big man in the game when he learns how to put the ball in the basket on a consistent basis and put his ego aside when he plays. He is a great rebounder (duh) and shot blocker, but his offense is embarrassing. If it's not a dunk or a 2 foot hook shot it's not going in. When he develops a solid post game and stops getting into silly foul situations I will then deem him as the best big man

lakers over the Cavs 4-2

No. Cavs will beat the Lakers. The Lakers bench is so weak. If their starters aren't playing well they lose because there isn't enough firepower off the bench. The Cavs bench is ridiculous it shouldn't even be legal to have their bench.

Too much Dwight Howard love on here. I feel he is overrated. The only reason he gets so many rebounds is because he stands in the key the whooooooole time...I watch him do this...stand under the hoop...stand under the hoop...exit the key before he gets a violation...then back to standing under the hoop. All game long. He does ***** too much about fouls too...What does he expect...he is a big man. I don't know I just feel he is overrated.

Too much Dwight Howard love on here. I feel he is overrated. The only reason he gets so many rebounds is because he stands in the key the whooooooole time...I watch him do this...stand under the hoop...stand under the hoop...exit the key before he gets a violation...then back to standing under the hoop. All game long. He does ***** too much about fouls too...What does he expect...he is a big man. I don't know I just feel he is overrated.

Hes not superman either, that title belongs to shaq

The only ring princess james is getting is from his husband. At this point I see it being either

Lakers v Magic

or

Jazz v Hawks

I really hope the Jazz vs Hawks is sarcasm.

Actually, I know it's sarcasm because if a Jazz/Hawks finals happens, there is definitely no god

Dwight "3 Seconds in the Key but the Refs don't call it" Howard

I really hope the Jazz vs Hawks is sarcasm.

Actually' date=' I know it's sarcasm because if a Jazz/Hawks finals happens, there is definitely no god[/quote']

It's not. for the west it's either going to be Jazz/Lakers and the east either Hawks/Magic.

It's not. for the west it's either going to be Jazz/Lakers and the east either Hawks/Magic.

Wow. You do know the Jazz are missing AK-47 and Okur right? They are only beating the Nuggets because the Nuggets don't play team basketball. Even if the Jazz beat the Lakers in the semis the Jazz won't beat Dallas, San Antonio or Phoenix. And I'm not sure either if you know that the Hawks are tied with the Bucks who don't have Michael Redd or Andrew Bogut 2-2. I don't know if you are just going out on a whim or if you have statistical evidence to back this up.

Wow. You do know the Jazz are missing AK-47 and Okur right? They are only beating the Nuggets because the Nuggets don't play team basketball. Even if the Jazz beat the Lakers in the semis the Jazz won't beat Dallas' date=' San Antonio or Phoenix. And I'm not sure either if you know that the Hawks are tied with the Bucks who don't have Michael Redd or Andrew Bogut 2-2. I don't know if you are just going out on a whim or if you have statistical evidence to back this up.[/quote']

Yes I know all of those players are missing.

For the East

Cavs are going to choke against the Celtics. Pierce will be able to provide a much better defensive coverage then Deng who either way not to mention did a great job defensively. IDK if it was cleared already or not, but it seemed he injured his elbow at the end of game #5 against the Bulls. [Not a Celtics fan for the record]

If the Hawks lose against Bucks, then Magic will be going to the finals.

Magic v Celtics might even be a sweep

For the West

From what it looks like right now it wil be Lakers v Jazz and Suns v Spurs.

I'm not really as sure of this prediction as the one in the East but I don't see the Suns or the Spurs beating Jazz/Lakers.

Yes I know all of those players are missing.

For the East

Cavs are going to choke against the Celtics. Pierce will be able to provide a much better defensive coverage then Deng who either way not to mention did a great job defensively. IDK if it was cleared already or not' date=' but it seemed he injured his elbow at the end of game #5 against the Bulls. [Not a Celtics fan for the record']

If the Hawks lose against Bucks, then Magic will be going to the finals.

Magic v Celtics might even be a sweep

For the West

From what it looks like right now it wil be Lakers v Jazz and Suns v Spurs.

I'm not really as sure of this prediction as the one in the East but I don't see the Suns or the Spurs beating Jazz/Lakers.

Interesting. I don't see the celtics beating the cavs though. The celtics don't have a very deep bench and when their bench players do get on the floor sometimes they perform, sometimes they don't. I'm skeptical about the celtics because we know they have a ring with this group of players, but i don't see the fire in the players' eyes like i did when they won their championship. I don't think Lebron's elbow is anything to worry about anyway. The Celtics aren't going to have an answer for O'neal/Varejao(sp?)/Z/hickson. the cavs have too many big men to throw at KG and perkins and big baby davis stands NO chance in this series. Also, when the cavs reach the eastern conference finals i see them doing the same thing the bobcats did. they are going to rotate all their bigs on howard and get him into foul trouble and disrupt the team chemistry.

I respect your educated opinion but i will have to disagree, respectively of course

I am, was, and forever will be a Laker fan. With that said, I can't stand Kobe. Apparently, he's never had his shot blocked, because every time someone blocks his shot, he throws his arms up in disgust toward the direction of the ref. His behavior is really annoying.

The only ring princess james is getting is from his husband. At this point I see it being either

Lakers v Magic

or

Jazz v Hawks

hawks are about to loose to the bucks......3-2 bucks atm.

Lakers v Magics is a definite possibility. magics have a strong team and have many weapons offensively....

i still think cavs are the best team in the league and orlando is the 3rd best and will always have a chance to advance to the finals.

princess james? he is the undisputed king of the league(mvp trophy is a lock) his stats are of the charts.....2nd in scoring( he lost the scoring title at the last 2 weeks of the season....his team pretty much locked up home court advantage through out the playoffs and james had his minutes reduced and lost the lead to durant)............... 6th in assists.........10th in steals................10th in rebounding.......1st place in efficiency(on/off court).........1st in pts/reb/asts ratio in the nba.

btw....my fav team are the celtics and my fav player is garnett

hawks are about to loose to the bucks......3-2 bucks atm.

Lakers v Magics is a definite possibility. magics have a strong team and have many weapons offensively....

i still think cavs are the best team in the league and orlando is the 3rd best and will always have a chance to advance to the finals.

princess james? he is the undisputed king of the league(mvp trophy is a lock) his stats are of the charts.....2nd in scoring( he lost the scoring title at the last 2 weeks of the season....his team pretty much locked up home court advantage through out the playoffs and james had his minutes reduced and lost the lead to durant)............... 6th in assists.........10th in steals................10th in rebounding.......1st place in efficiency(on/off court).........1st in pts/reb/asts ratio in the nba.

btw....my fav team are the celtics and my fav player is garnett

Yea the Bucks are letting me down right now [not a hawks fan] I really thought they would come out of no where and suprise everyone.

Lakers v Magic is my guess for the finals' date=' If the Cavs are able to get past the Celtics they won't beat the Magic [not a magic fan either']. Howard is going to show Shaq why he's superman and princess James will choke under the spotlight.

Well i'm a Lebron hater so i'll always call him that. They over hyped him way to much at the end of the year [not saying he's not top of the food chain cause he is] and the MVP should have gone to Durant [#1 scorer, youngest ever] for his milestone alone.

Dwight "3 Seconds in the Key but the Refs don't call it" Howard

This man knows what I am talking about.

Also there is also to much Laker love too..What you all see in those purple and yellow pieces of ****. I don't even really mind Kobe...I just never liked the Lakers. I also really can't stand Pau Gasol and his big dumb goofy face..

Go Celtics! We are showing the world that old guys can still play.Hmm maybe the finals will Be Celtics/Spurs...then maybe they would allow Walkers. Go Green! War Celtics.

This man knows what I am talking about.

Also there is also to much Laker love too..What you all see in those purple and yellow pieces of ****. I don't even really mind Kobe...I just never liked the Lakers. I also really can't stand Pau Gasol and his big dumb goofy face..

Go Celtics! We are showing the world that old guys can still play.Hmm maybe the finals will Be Celtics/Spurs...then maybe they would allow Walkers. Go Green! War Celtics.

Oh yeah' date=' and I forgot to say; [b']CELTICS SUCK![/b]

Lakers v Magic

or

Jazz v Hawks

So are you still on this Jazz/Hawks finals thing or do you finally realize that this outcome is scientifically impossible. Jazz showed their best tonight against the lakers, but to no avail. Lakers are too long for the short Jazz. And the Hawks were taken to game 7 by the bucks. Magic will beat them in 4 or 5 games

So are you still on this Jazz/Hawks finals thing or do you finally realize that this outcome is scientifically impossible. Jazz showed their best tonight against the lakers' date=' but to no avail. Lakers are too long for the short Jazz. And the Hawks were taken to game 7 by the bucks. Magic will beat them in 4 or 5 games[/quote']

I'm still sort of on it. I have faith in the Hawks. Crawford, Horford, Smith, Johnson, Bibby all have the tools to take the Hawks to Finals. Yes, they were taken seven games to an injured Bucks but it also showed they have what it takes to play under pressure.

I'm still sort of on it. I have faith in the Hawks. Crawford' date=' Horford, Smith, Johnson, Bibby all have the tools to take the Hawks to Finals. Yes, they were taken seven games to an injured Bucks but it also showed they have what it takes to play under pressure.[/quote']

If the Hawks had a 7 footer and a better point guard they would be absolutely sickening. Can you imagine a line up with (hypothetical) Bynum, Horford, Smith, Johnson, Russell Westbrook/Darren Collison

The Assists would make my head spin out of control and the domination of bynum, smith and horford would be disgusting.

They did show prowess under pressure, but what can they do against the Orlando Magic? Rashard Lewis is the answer to Josh Smith. Smith usually has the advantage but Lewis is a huge SF. And no one on the Hawks can guard Howard

I do like the Hawks though.

If the Hawks had a 7 footer and a better point guard they would be absolutely sickening. Can you imagine a line up with (hypothetical) Bynum' date=' Horford, Smith, Johnson, Russell Westbrook/Darren Collison

The Assists would make my head spin out of control and the domination of bynum, smith and horford would be disgusting.

They did show prowess under pressure, but what can they do against the Orlando Magic? Rashard Lewis is the answer to Josh Smith. Smith usually has the advantage but Lewis is a huge SF. And no one on the Hawks can guard Howard

I do like the Hawks though.[/quote']

Before the Bobcats faced the Magic I would've thought the Magic would've steam rolled past the Hawks. The Bobcats exposed of how to get Howard into foul trouble, only thing was is that they didn't have the talented players to be able to play up against Peitries [spelling], Lewis, Carter and Nelson. Which is exactly what the Hawks have.

I could see this going another 7 games with the Hawks picking the up the win.

I did lose faith in the Jazz though, with Andrei and Okur though it would be a diffrent story.

EDIT: Even if they can pick up someone like Tyson Chandler from the bobcats, they would be set IMO.

Before the Bobcats faced the Magic I would've thought the Magic would've steam rolled past the Hawks. The Bobcats exposed of how to get Howard into foul trouble' date=' only thing was is that they didn't have the talented players to be able to play up against Peitries [spelling'], Lewis, Carter and Nelson. Which is exactly what the Hawks have.

I could see this going another 7 games with the Hawks picking the up the win.

I did lose faith in the Jazz though, with Andrei and Okur though it would be a diffrent story.

EDIT: Even if they can pick up someone like Tyson Chandler from the bobcats, they would be set IMO.

If the Jazz were completely healthy I think they would win the 2010 championship. I agree, the Bobcats did expose how to get Howard into foul trouble. But you have to see it as a "this is the next round" point of view. Are the refs going to call some of those questionable fouls from the first round? Is Howard going to be stupid enough to pick up some of those silly **** fouls from round 1? I think the Hawks will need to unearth another weakness in the Magic in order to beat them. No doubt the Hawks can shoot threes all day with the Magic - something the Bobcats couldn't do. But the last thing you want to do is live or die by the three against the Magic. If the Hawks can steal game 2 in Orlando I think they can win this series. Game 1 they will lose but it will uncover some holes in the Magic. If they take game 2 they can go home and take 3 and 4, lose 5 and win at home in 6. Could be epic. I'm still going with the Magic, however.

EDIT: and yeah even someone like Tyson Chandler would make them a hell of a lot better. They need a tall, long big man inside who can give them 10 pts, 10+ rebs and 2+ blks per game. Tyson Chandler could do this.

Yea I agree with that.

That's true, IMO if the Hawks can steal one game on the road I think they can win the series. That's the only chance they have of winning. But definitely one of there main goals has to be to take Howard out of the game. Without him they can easily go toe-to-toe with the Magic.

Even if my prediction doesn't come true this year, next year it could definitely be Jazz/Hawks lol

Yea I agree with that.

That's true' date=' IMO if the Hawks can steal one game on the road I think they can win the series. That's the only chance they have of winning. But definitely one of there main goals has to be to take Howard out of the game. Without him they can easily go toe-to-toe with the Magic.

Even if my prediction doesn't come true this year, next year it could definitely be Jazz/Hawks lol[/quote']

What if Boozer is gone next year though? and what if Joe Johnson leaves as well? Actually, it's pretty much guaranteed that JJ will leave in the offseason. I'm calling this now. New York Knicks will sign Bosh and Joe Johnson in the offseason.

Why is it that there are so few basketball fans on these forums? Everyone on here seems to only accept Hockey and Soccer as the only other sports besides MMA. Every time I make a basketball related thread there are at least 5 people who will say something along the lines of "dude, basketball is gay". Look, the only sport that sucks is baseball.

What if Boozer is gone next year though? and what if Joe Johnson leaves as well? Actually' date=' it's pretty much guaranteed that JJ will leave in the offseason. I'm calling this now. New York Knicks will sign Bosh and Joe Johnson in the offseason.[/quote']

Unless i'm mistaken Chris Bosh said he's staying with the Raptors. IDK why but he's crazy if he does. Well then I guess my prediction will never come through :(

What do you think about Suns v Spurs?

And i still want to know why there aren't any basketball fans on these forums :(

Unless i'm mistaken Chris Bosh said he's staying with the Raptors. IDK why but he's crazy if he does. Well then I guess my prediction will never come through :(

What do you think about Suns v Spurs?

And i still want to know why there aren't any basketball fans on these forums :(

Oh really? ****, last i heard is that Bosh tweeted "should i stay or go". If he stays, he's an idiot. he could be signed by a contender in a heart beat. Suns Spurs is not what I wanted at all. I knew the Suns could beat the Mavs but the Spurs always show my Suns the exit. It all depends. Manu is notorious for lighting up the suns. If Robin Lopez comes back for this series I will guarantee a Suns victory. If we are stuck with Jarron Collins for this round I think we will win it in 7 games since we have home court advantage. If the Spurs don't steal game 1 or 2 the Suns will definitely win. You don't understand. Every year I get so pumped about the Suns in the playoffs and then the Spurs beat them. I'm freaking out.

Oh really? ****' date=' last i heard is that Bosh tweeted "should i stay or go". If he stays, he's an idiot. he could be signed by a contender in a heart beat. Suns Spurs is not what I wanted at all. I knew the Suns could beat the Mavs but the Spurs always show my Suns the exit. It all depends. Manu is notorious for lighting up the suns. If Robin Lopez comes back for this series I will guarantee a Suns victory. If we are stuck with Jarron Collins for this round I think we will win it in 7 games since we have home court advantage. If the Spurs don't steal game 1 or 2 the Suns will definitely win. You don't understand. Every year I get so pumped about the Suns in the playoffs and then the Spurs beat them. I'm freaking out.[/quote']

Yea, Bosh should immediately either go to Miami, NY or Chicago [yes i'm a bulls fan :P].

lol that sounds tough.

In '05 4-1

In '07 4-2

In '08 4-1

Don't worry with Jason Richardson and Channing Frye and Barbosa I think Phoenix could win this in 5 mabye even 6 games. Although that's true, if you guys don't have Lopez you guys might lose.

Yea' date=' Bosh should immediately either go to Miami, NY or Chicago [yes i'm a bulls fan :P].

lol that sounds tough.

In '05 4-1

In '07 4-2

In '08 4-1

Don't worry with Jason Richardson and Channing Frye and Barbosa I think Phoenix could win this in 5 mabye even 6 games. Although that's true, if you guys don't have Lopez you guys might lose.

Also, Nash has that hip injury and he hasn't been practicing. Hopefully Goran Dragic can give us 10 pts and 4 assts off the bench. I love our bench, we have never had a bench this solid but I am still weary due to our history with the spurs :( Also, Jason richardson is definitely the X-factor. When J-Rich puts up 20+ ppg we win. If you look at the statistics, when he plays well the suns succeed. When he has an off night, the suns lose. I'm hoping tonight we will come out firing on all cylinders. However, you know what player i absolutely love right now? George Hill. This kid has a sky high basketball IQ

Dude, i love the bulls man. Derrick Rose is amazing. Get this guy a solid perimeter shooter and a dominant big man and the bulls will contend for championships

Also' date=' Nash has that hip injury and he hasn't been practicing. Hopefully Goran Dragic can give us 10 pts and 4 assts off the bench. I love our bench, we have never had a bench this solid but I am still weary due to our history with the spurs :( Also, Jason richardson is definitely the X-factor. When J-Rich puts up 20+ ppg we win. If you look at the statistics, when he plays well the suns succeed. When he has an off night, the suns lose. I'm hoping tonight we will come out firing on all cylinders. However, you know what player i absolutely love right now? George Hill. This kid has a sky high basketball IQ

Dude, i love the bulls man. Derrick Rose is amazing. Get this guy a solid perimeter shooter and a dominant big man and the bulls will contend for championships[/quote']

IDK why but I kind of lost all contact of the Suns, like I mean I don't really know their stats anymore but obviously from what I saw in the 1st series against Portland when J-Rich goes on his shooting spree there's no stopping him. Also I kind of see Barbosa as a mini Nash because of the way he plays so he's another factor to help ya win. Yea I just saw that thread you made about him lol. I'm rooting for the suns so you can count on one more fan lol.

If the Bulls would have never traded John Salmons to the Bucks we would have faced the Hawks [and beaten] and now we would have been facing the Magic. As soon as I heard about that trade I knew our season was over. But definitely over the off season we need to find that low post presence we have been missing for a long time, after that we could make it all the way.

IDK why but I kind of lost all contact of the Suns' date=' like I mean I don't really know their stats anymore but obviously from what I saw in the 1st series against Portland when J-Rich goes on his shooting spree there's no stopping him. Also I kind of see Barbosa as a mini Nash because of the way he plays so he's another factor to help ya win. Yea I just saw that thread you made about him lol. I'm rooting for the suns so you can count on one more fan lol.

[b']If the Bulls would have never traded John Salmons to the Bucks[/b] we would have faced the Hawks [and beaten] and now we would have been facing the Magic. As soon as I heard about that trade I knew our season was over. But definitely over the off season we need to find that low post presence we have been missing for a long time, after that we could make it all the way.

Isn't it funny how you don't realize what you had until it's gone? Salmons is given a bigger role in Milwaukee and he becomes a 20 ppg guy every night.

The Bulls do have a bright future though.

If I were the Bulls Pres of Basketball Operations I would be doing all I could to sign Joe Johnson in the offseason since the likeliness of Wade, Bosh and James moving somewhere else is pretty much zero. He would be a better Ben Gordon.

Rose + Joe Johnson = Lethal backcourt, possibly the best in the NBA if it could happen

Isn't it funny how you don't realize what you had until it's gone? Salmons is given a bigger role in Milwaukee and he becomes a 20 ppg guy every night.

The Bulls do have a bright future though.

If I were the Bulls Pres of Basketball Operations I would be doing all I could to sign Joe Johnson in the offseason since the likeliness of Wade' date=' Bosh and James moving somewhere else is pretty much zero. He would be a better Ben Gordon.

Rose + Joe Johnson = Lethal backcourt, possibly the best in the NBA if it could happen[/quote']

Well I knew how important Salmons was, even the broadcasters where like "what? why?" Salmons was their reason for making it to the playoffs and making it to Game 7 last year. I know it was for cap space but still.

I think I should get on the phone with the president right now lol.

You have fond another basketball fan on the UFC forums. I live in california in the middle of a laker loving community but I hate the lakers. Ive been a fan of basketball for about 4 years and I am a huge cavaliers fan. King James is beast. So I see the Cavs taking the title in a fantastic series against the Lakers(unfortunately)

You have fond another basketball fan on the UFC forums. I live in california in the middle of a laker loving community but I hate the lakers. Ive been a fan of basketball for about 4 years and I am a huge cavaliers fan. King James is beast. So I see the Cavs taking the title in a fantastic series against the Lakers(unfortunately)

Haha welcome aboard friend! there are very few of us as you can see in this thread (i think there are like 3 of us discussing basketball). I'm glad to see another fellow Laker-hater as well. I hate the Lakers. I am not one of those people who bashes Kobe because I have accepted that he is one of the greatest of all time; however, I still hate him. The Lakers main weakness is at point guard. Derek fisher is old and can't hang with the new guards so they have a match up issue there. Wait until the western conference finals. The Suns, if Robin Lopez is back and healthy, will beat the Lakers. Robin and Amare can battle Pau and Bynum (who has a small tear in his meniscus BTW). We are now 4 strong in our basketball fans on the UFC forums! wooooo!

Well I knew how important Salmons was' date=' even the broadcasters where like "what? why?" Salmons was their reason for making it to the playoffs and making it to Game 7 last year. [b']I know it was for cap space but still.[/b]

I think I should get on the phone with the president right now lol.

Dude, teams trading contracts needs to end. That whole Zydrunas Ilgauskas trade was complete ********. It's not a trade if he is still on your team. They need to fix that loophole ASAP because you shouldn't be able to trade a player knowing he will be waived by the other team and re sign him, it defeats the purpose of a trade.

Dude' date=' teams trading contracts needs to end. That whole Zydrunas Ilgauskas trade was complete ********. It's not a trade if he is still on your team. They need to fix that loophole ASAP because you shouldn't be able to trade a player knowing he will be waived by the other team and re sign him, it defeats the purpose of a trade.[/quote']

That trade was funny as hell! As soon as they traded Z i knew he would be back, just not this year.

And welcome aboard new member, sadly though you're a James fan :P oh wells.

Haha welcome aboard friend! there are very few of us as you can see in this thread (i think there are like 3 of us discussing basketball). I'm glad to see another fellow Laker-hater as well. I hate the Lakers. I am not one of those people who bashes Kobe because I have accepted that he is one of the greatest of all time; however' date=' I still hate him. The Lakers main weakness is at point guard. Derek fisher is old and can't hang with the new guards so they have a match up issue there. Wait until the western conference finals. The Suns, if Robin Lopez is back and healthy, will beat the Lakers. Robin and Amare can battle Pau and Bynum (who has a small tear in his meniscus BTW). We are now 4 strong in our basketball fans on the UFC forums! wooooo![/quote']

I'm a Laker fan, and I hate Kobe. Well, hate is such a strong word. I just find him extremely annoying. He's never committed a foul, nor has he ever had his shot blocked. Just ask him, he'll tell you. However, I hate to break it to you, they WILL make it to the finals, where they will lose to the Cavs. If somehow Boston or Orlando can upset Cleveland, the Lakers will be hoisting another trophy.

I'm a Laker fan' date=' and I hate Kobe. Well, hate is such a strong word. I just find him extremely annoying. He's never committed a foul, nor has he ever had his shot blocked. Just ask him, he'll tell you. However, I hate to break it to you, they WILL make it to the finals, where they will lose to the Cavs. If somehow Boston or Orlando can upset Cleveland, the Lakers will be hoisting another trophy.[/quote']

He is very annoying. Has he ever taken a charge? And can't I just dream man? It's now or never for my Suns I have to have all my faith in them this year. They WILL beat the Lakers! Just curious, who's your favorite Laker on your current team? I'm a big fan of Pau Gasol. I like his game a lot. He's just a straight up stat machine

Archived